Ranked Aram

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsychoticDreams

03-13-2013

Just let that sit for a second and we can all discuss its possibilities

Kalarepa

03-14-2013

It would need completely different system of giving/losing points. You shouldn't get high rank, just because you're lucky with randoming strong heroes or because you made special smurf account and bought only good ARAM heroes.

Imo, it should take win ratio or something into consideration. For example, if you win on Sona, you get less points than on Udyr. If you lose on Sona, you lose more points than on Udyr.
It might still be too simple. It should also take into account, how strong heroes your teammates have. Maybe, how strong enemy heroes are.

ThatsNotIrony

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarepa View Post
It would need completely different system of giving/losing points. You shouldn't get high rank, just because you're lucky with randoming strong heroes or because you made special smurf account and bought only good ARAM heroes.

Imo, it should take win ratio or something into consideration. For example, if you win on Sona, you get less points than on Udyr. If you lose on Sona, you lose more points than on Udyr.
It might still be too simple. It should also take into account, how strong heroes your teammates have. Maybe, how strong enemy heroes are.

I think that's a bit too subjective....You can't outright say one champion is worth getting more points on. For instance, J4 Jax and WW are typically good "picks" for their tankiness and or ability to peel off assassins and or initiate. However, put them on a team together (with say, Trundle and Shyvana) against an all ranged team (AP and AD)....all of a sudden they are getting stomped for 15 minutes.

Theungry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2013

Well just hypothetically speaking, you could use the inverse a champion's win ratio in ARAM as a modifier to their IP rewards.

For simplicity say you would normally get 100 IP for a win, but your champion was Lux who has a 60% win rate. Use 50 as a reference point and subtract the winning percentage (in this case -10) and apply that as a % modifier to the IP reward. The plus side is it's a simple blind data table that would update automatically with up to the minute win ratios, and it would have no subjectivity really.

In all practicality, though I don't see a lot of value in doing this.

ThatsNotIrony

03-14-2013

I'd be real interested in having a ranked queue for ARAM (back on the main topic) with Duo/Solo/Team options. On the plus side, it would eliminate people from dodging!

Mr Mog

03-16-2013

This would be interesting. Likely wont happened till Season 4, but would be neat.

ToothDcay

03-17-2013

Pls dont. Else aram suffers from the Dominion desease of a small playerbase divided in two sperate queues.
However, I would appreciate a hidden elo, just to make things more even between the teams.

HaIfhearted

03-17-2013

Ranked is supposed to be for a serious, competitive environment where people can try their hardest to win.
ARAM is less-serious by nature because, well, it's ****ing random.

Ranked Dominion first, then maybe we'll talk.

The Codyman

03-17-2013

I think it won't happen. all draft, all blind maybe, not aram
BUT
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo we got aram MM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Codyman

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Ranked is supposed to be for a serious, competitive environment where people can try their hardest to win.
ARAM is less-serious by nature because, well, it's ****ing random.

Ranked Dominion first, then maybe we'll talk.
ranked dominion, I hate to love it..