Ranked 5s and advancement between leagues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fanaticmogg

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicanFury1 View Post
there is no such thing as 50% chance to win my kda ratio would approve thats bs.
Blah blah blah, KDA means nothing, etc. ect....

The bottom line is, if you play as if getting kills will win you the game, you won't win. Being a good team player and pushing objectives is better than being 15/5 and constantly talking about how much your teammates suck.

Cavo

03-16-2013

I'm not sure why he thinks his KDA proves anything. He's almost even in KD, witha few extra assists. If anything I think that backs up the point that you're games were almost perfectly evenly matched. Thanks for supporting our argument.

Fanaticmogg

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavo View Post
I'm not sure why he thinks his KDA proves anything. He's almost even in KD, witha few extra assists. If anything I think that backs up the point that you're games were almost perfectly evenly matched. Thanks for supporting our argument.
I think he's referring to his KDA in the games that he does well in.

These people usually say their best KDA from one of their recent games and don't bother to mention their other games, in in which they're like 0/10/2.

Kanudil

03-18-2013

I highly disagree Cavo, it's purely detrimental in Ranked 5s to have Plat/DIamond players play placement matches against teams in Advancement. I have no problem with them playing it when you're in league, lets say 50 points in Silver 3 or something. Of all the times we've played in Bronze or Silver when not in promotion/advancement, we didn't play platinum/diamonds. Advancement? Platinum/Diamond here we come! We focus on getting better and improve each game, even playing with them, but it's just simply stupid and should be fixed, platinum/diamond players shouldn't be playing teams in Bronze in advancement matches.

Cavo

03-18-2013

Here's the thing though, ranked 3v3, 5v5 and solo q are all independent of each other. It doesn't matter if you're platinum or diamond in solo q because once you make a brand new 5v5 team you have to start from scratch. So while they will probably move up very quickly, there will be 3-4 games where they have to play against lower tier teams before their mmr gets high enough. There are a fraction of the people at any given time playing ranked 5v5 as there are solo queueing, so it's not like they can have teams in placement matches only play against other teams in placement matches.

Kanudil

03-18-2013

So have them play versus teams that are NOT in advancement/promotion from league/division. Why is that so difficult? A ton of people play this game, and there's more than enough 5v5s teams as well to make that happen. The threads I've seen of people complaining about this (besides myself) are teams that are in advancement/promotion, not just in normal league play in Silver/Bronze.

You know what else? The majority of these diamond/platinum players and those teams they played on? They dismantle them before placement matches, or after their first loss. So every week they play with new teams just for placement matches to roll teams that they should never, in reality, play. That sounds like taking advantage of the system. Not so perfect now, is it?

Kanudil

03-20-2013

Just played versus two platinums and 2 golds on one team...now playing a diamond, and 2 platinums. Thanks Riot! Bronze 1 is so much fun in Ranked 5s

-edit- This last team also was in Silver 1, while we were in advancement from Bronze 1 to Silver 5. So, when I solo q, I should expect to play versus Gold 1 when going from Silver 1 to Gold 5? Thanks Riot. Thanks. Thank you. Thank you for making this so not fun or fair.

-edit2- Played yet another platinum in our advancement match. They're in placement matches. Riot, ffffss how is it even ideal to put teams with high solo ELO against teams in advancement in bronze? This is litteraly the only time we've seen PLatinums/Diamonds, is in advancement. Regular league play? Nope, Bronze/Silver/Gold players that we can beat. Advancement? Platinums and Diamonds. Thanks again for still keeping silent and not saying anything about improving matchmaking, the game is awesome, but this part of it sucks major major buttocks.

Kanudil

03-22-2013

Another Diamond and a few golds that we had to play against, in their placement match in Ranked 5s. So awesome and fun, thanks Riot. Great system.

Cavo

03-22-2013

A week ago or so my gold 3v3 team played a 3v3 team with 3 diamond players. We won. Eventually you're just going to have to get over the fact that there are better players than you in almost every game, and just play it. The best advice I could give to you would be to stop looking at other players profiles.

Also, this thread is over a week old now, and all you've done with it is rage at Riot about how ranked 5v5 is not fun for you. Stop playing ranked 5v5, problem solved. Except for the fact that you will play better players in solo q, 3v3, normal games, and even custom games. So if you're just going to be pissed off at a game because you don't get perfect matchmaking all the time, I guess the only thing left to do is just quit.

Baxter the Teddy

03-22-2013

Everything that needs to be said, has been said.