Ranked 5s and advancement between leagues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kanudil

03-13-2013

Hello Riot and League players,

I have a slight issue with how advancement series work in Ranked 5s. Now, in soloq, early on you may get a few players who are in their placement matches and that's fine, as this is soloq and probably the skill disparity will not be as apparent even if the player is higher than the rest of the teammates/enemy team.

However, in Ranked 5s, advancement between leagues is just stupid. For example, the team I play with is compromised of Silver 1-4 really, and our 5's was placed in Bronze 3 to start with due to a bad loss streak (our fault, no big). So, we moved up to Bronze 1, and a 100 points. Now, we've gone through...3 or 4 attempts at advancing to Silver 5. Each attempt, out of 5 games, there have been 2-3 games where we've played versus teams that had PLATINUM and DIAMOND players on it, because they were in placement matches.

Now, we try to improve and learn from our losses, but the skill disparity between Silver 1-5 and Platinum/Diamond is just far too great and creates a HUGE advantage. I just don't think this is fair at all for teams that are in advancement series. Either make it so those teams are immune from playing versus teams that are in placement matches, or improve the MMR matchmaking where players with such higher soloq ELO rapidly ramp up in placement matches even in 5s.

We really enjoy doing ranked 5s, but this is incredibly disheartening and frustrating to keep losing to Platinum/Diamonds. Please, at least discuss this with me or tell me something.

Kanudil

03-14-2013

Bump

So, looking around Bronze 1 and the other teams up for promotion, another team that has lost twice today lost to Diamond players, or a full team of Golds. I highly disagree that Ranked 5s team in Bronze are up to par in skill that they can compete with Diamond/Platinum players as the League matchmaking system seems to think. Any word on this from Riot? Other players? Anything?

BlackMagic0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

03-14-2013

Kanudil the entire ranked system right now is messed up. Because it doesn't matter what you're division or league is. They simply put you where your MMR thinks you should be, and it often is horribly mismatching.

Selcopa

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagic0 View Post
Kanudil the entire ranked system right now is messed up. Because it doesn't matter what you're division or league is. They simply put you where your MMR thinks you should be, and it often is horribly mismatching.
Not true, MMR is excellent at giving you matches you have a 50% chance to win.

DominicanFury

03-14-2013

there is no such thing as 50% chance to win my kda ratio would approve thats bs. If my team feeds theres a guarantee that the player with less deaths will die too. Now ive been playing ranked since season 3 started and i'm still in bronze. I play every day all i gain is experience on how to play against certain champions at this point. I dare say I'm one of the best singed players NA. Even so its still to hard to carry bad people.Now when i carry a team they back me up. You still get players that are afraid of attacking because they got bodied. If i could find a dedicated team i wouldnt even bother with solo queue.

Kanudil

03-16-2013

Hahahaha...Diamond 2 in our game. Thanks Riot. Screw you Riot for not answering, still.

Kanudil

03-16-2013

Along with some smurfs. Thanks again Riot, great matchmaking for ranked 5s.

Kanudil

03-16-2013

So is this awesome and fair matchmaking, Riot? Diamond 2 and a Gold 1, with smurfs versus silvers?

Kanudil

03-16-2013

It's okay, not going to get a response from a Red because you guys just don't care and never will about it, because you can't fix it apparently.

Cavo

03-16-2013

More like they'd rather not waste their time trying to explain the system (yet again) to someone who is just venting on the forums, that's called a no-win situation. The system works really well. If you're bad you lose. Compared to the team you just fought against, you were bad, hence loss. And when high rated players do their placement matches in ranked 5s, they will wreck you. That's just how it's going to work because 3s, solo q, and 5s are all independent of each other. Whenever they want to create a brand new team they're going to do those placement matches over. Also, how do you propose matchmaking take smurfs into account? It's an entirely different account, it's not like the system can be set up to recognize that. If I were you I'd use the games where you get matched against good players to try and get better. Or of course, you can continue the "Riot doesn't care about me" qq session you've got going on. Your choice as to which might be more productive.