TT: Lantern, Lightbringer, & Sweeper

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ground Stop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

I never really play 3's so when a friend asked if I would be interested, I figured that I would try to figure out all of the different items. While looking, I came across Grez's Spectral Lantern, The Lightbringer, and Hextech Sweeper.

Although at first glance they all seemed to have the same active, I realized that the Spectral Lantern seems to be more specific than the other two. In the tooltip, all three say that they reveal an area for 10 seconds with stealth detection, but the lantern goes on to say that it only reveals champions within that area for 6 seconds.

I was wondering if this was by design (and if so, what does the item actually do for the remaining 4 seconds), or if it is actually just a mistake in the item tooltip.

TL;DR: Grez's Lantern has an active that seems similar but worse overall than Lightbringer and Sweeper, not sure why.

BaronVonPwny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Its essentially because Grez's Lantern is an early game item, while the others are more mid to late game. Basically just more bang for your buck. Not to mention, Grez's is bought by junglers who roam constantly and therefore get the most use out of such an effect, so you don't want it to be too strong.

Kholdstare13

03-15-2013

You realize grez upgrades directly into LB, right? It's not different tho. The mist lasts 10 seconds, and applies a 6 second reveal on anything that steps inside it. By that, I mean the reveal lasts 6 seconds after leaving the mist.