mr/health items vs armor/health items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keepsake66

03-13-2013

anybody else notice the clear lack of items that give both mr and health? On the rift, there are 4 items that give these stats at once, banshees, aegis, bulwark (upraded aegis), and spirit visage. And these items are not even that good, as they only really mesh with very few champions (like ryze, ww, and galio). On the other hand, there are 8 items that give both armor and health in one item, and they are decidedly better items too (such as sunfire, locket and randuins). These items can be built on practically anybody and be useful.

Now, im not saying make 4 more mr/health items at all. I like that the ratio favors the armor/health items because every champion deals auto attack damage and adcs are real threats that must be taken care of. But what about when an akali snowballs or a lux gets a couple kills under her belt early on? How is one supposed to deal with this when mr/health items are so scarse ever since fon got deleted? (yeah i know that item was mr/health regen but stay with me here)

My idea is this: how about a new item is introduced? a really expensive item that gives ~500 health, ~50 mr and has an activated self magic damage shield (that does not stop incoming cc). This will help to deal with the rampaging ap carries that tend to dominate games nowadays.

What say you?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

67chrome

03-13-2013

AP Carries aren't rampaging and dominating games nowadays. The one that's doing the best at the moment is actually Twisted Fate, the next best is Fiddlesticks - and those two are strong picks because of all the things they can do outside of damage. Mages that are actually countered by magic resistance are doing horrible (the ones that mostly deal damage without much utility). Syndra, LeBlanc, and Veigar have the worst win rates for any AP champion - which is largely due to magic resistance being in a really good spot.

Also, the choices for Magic Resistance are much better than those for armor when you take all items and situations into account - and if you don't have health and MR in one item, you can get lots of health, then lots of MR - you only really need comboed stats for 1 or 2 items to get a build going. And Runic Bulwark and Spirit Visage are really solid items for tanky characters. Outside of that, if you want to run with some magic resistance on an AD or AP champion there' many more items available there than there is for armor.