Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

zephyr op imo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keepsake66

03-13-2013

Ok so here's the sitch: I play support blitzcrank with a tristana bot lane vs a corki and sona. Turns out that these two are really bad at dodging pulls. 15 minutes into the game, tristana has 6 kills and is outfarming corki by a wide margin (about 100 to 50). At this point, me and her are destroying sona/corki every time they come back to lane. Eventually though, corki finally grabs enough gold for a zaphyr at about 18 mins. All of a sudden, we cannot fight this guy. I mean it seriously. he was outdamaging tristana just with autos and missiles. Granted, as it so happened, tristana was quite bad at the game as he used his gold advantage to get a frozen mallet instead of ie. But, at the time, he already had his bloodthirster and a phage. There is no reason that corki should have been outdamaging her, especially when i was there to help her. With the help of a fed darius, the enemy team managed to fight their way back into this game and had us unable to kill them at 30 mins.

My argument is that the zephyr gave corki far too many stats for its cost. He was FAR behind. But all it took was that one item and he became super hard to fight. I like the zephyr as an item. it gives great stats and really is an improvement on the game. However, i think it does not cost enough gold to buy it. It gives so many things at what really is a very small cost in the long run. What do you think? Was this just a case of a really bad adc (tristana) that i managed to somehow get fed? or is there some merit to this argument about zephyr?

Apacifist666

03-13-2013

erm yes he can

Rackier

03-13-2013

QQ about OP from ONE game?

TheFriendlyUncle

03-13-2013

None, ur argument totally invalid because you based it off one sample. As a matter of fact, i doubt zephyr can give him that much of a boost because the stats it gives at 18mins scales POORLY on an ad carry.

TealNinje

03-13-2013

Zephyr's gold cost breakdown:

1583.33 gold value from attack speed (based on Recurve Bow).
688.89 gold value from attack damage (based on B.F. Sword).
~322.22 gold value from cooldown reduction (based on Kindlegem).
455 gold value from movespeed (assuming slowest base movespeed) (based on Boots of Speed).
3049.44 total gold value. At a cost of 2850, it's roughly 200 gold over value. Notice I did not put a value on Tenacity; Mercury Treads, which is what I was going to base it on, provides Tenacity as an essentially free bonus. This is wrong, as Tenacity provides a great deal of benefits that can't be measured.