Launcher Not Loading After Force Quit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odincore

11-02-2010

So the old version of the loader worked just fine. Today I used it to download the update and then launch the game. I left my application open for a bit while I put my daughter to bed and when I came back I was disconnected from PVP.net chat. I tried multiple times to reconnect and it wouldn't work. I tried going into the store and I just got a black screen. Then I got an error message that said something like "an unknown error has occurred" and had to use Force Quit to close the "adl" window. This automatically closed the Launcher window.

When I tried to reopen the application, the game told me that the application had opened, but the launcher window did not appear. I was able to open and close the application repeatedly, but only the menu appeared at the top of the screen. The launcher never appeared on the screen. I was forced to restart my computer to get the launcher to appear again.

Upon restart I tried several other times to force quit the application and restart and the launcher loaded after every try. So apparently whatever the error happened when I was trying to reconnect to PVP.net was responsible for the launcher bug? I'm not really sure how that works, but I'll try again the next time I get disconnected from PVP.net. Perhaps you can simulate a disconnect from the server in the QA lab to reproduce this bug.

STR
1. Launch application, log into game
2. Get an error message in the "adl" window
3. Force Quit application
4. Attempt to relaunch
5. Observe application launches but launcher window does not appear
6. Restart computer and launch game

reproduced 0 times

specs:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,4
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.49f2

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3448
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneTribe

11-03-2010

Something similar happened to me. After force quitting I now find extreme performance slowdown and lag even with green ping in the loading screen. When I checked task manager again it showed the league of legends main program being run twice.