Few Questions.....

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

viperneo

08-03-2009

Hi,

Sorry if these questions are repeated but I couldn't find a response after searchin....

1) Can we change hotkeys for spells? Using q,w,e,r,a,s seems wierd to me.

2) Is keyboard scrolling going to be allowed?

3) Is there going to be an 'attack ground' option? or 'attack' keyboard shortcut?

4) I personally find the rune combiner convoluted. I have not yet figured out how it works. Is there a chart/reference anywhere?

5) Is there going to be any sort of balancing when a player leaves? I've noticed that is almost impossible to win if you are down a player.....Your chances of winning are slim.

6) Is there a system for afkers? Lot of people sit around at spawn and go afk because they know they will get the xp...

7) Will anything from the beta accounts carry over when the game is actually released? Like the Riot points or your summoner level? Or is everyone going to start fresh?

Thanks for answering. Sorry again if there are reposts. I just started the game in the weekend.

Phalanx

08-03-2009

1. There is a guide out there some where. It involves copying and then editing a txt file. There is no gui interface to do it yet.

2. I'm not sure what u mean here ; / Sorry

3. The attack ground hotkey is currently "x"

4. There is an Excel file out there somewhere with a list of the runes. There has been several post highlighting the frustrations with runes and the developers have said they intend to improve on it.

5. not sure about this one. I hope so

6. Afk'r will get auto booted after a set duration.

7. I would assume no, but im not sure.

i would do a search for the keybinding and excel pages i dont have the links on me.

Volibar

Senior Product Manager

Follow Volibar on Twitter

08-03-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hi Viperneo,

A few answers to some of your questions real quick.

-We will have the ability for you to change any hotkey in the game soon.

-There is a set of instructions on the right side of the combiner screen. Did those help? If not, what do you think we can do to improve this?

-We are working on ways to combat leavers, most notably working on making our reconnect more robust as we think this is the ideal solution as opposed to trying to balance out the game.

-There is a system for AFKers coming very soon. They will be automatically disconnected after being idle for a set amount of time.

-We are still deciding what will carry over, if anything, but we will have more details on this before launch.

viperneo

08-04-2009

Hi,

Thank you for responding so promptly.

My issue with the rune combiner is that I do not know the end result. I understand the # of runes which are needed to combine due to the instructions. However, combining runes feels like trial and error.

It does not seem logical to me. I would assume if I combine 2 level 3 damage runes my final rune would also be damage and not something like health or defense.

I would think a 'tree' or 'chart' of some sort would help ease the process.

Thanks again.

Volibar

Senior Product Manager

Follow Volibar on Twitter

08-05-2009
2 of 2 Riot Posts

That clears things up quite a bit for me! Design may tweak the combiner before launch, but it is supposed to be pretty much a slot machine.

Remember, you WILL be able to buy the runes you want a-la-carte when we roll the store out!

viperneo

08-06-2009

The runes you can buy will only be the basic level 1/2/3 runes correct? Not the combined runes.