Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blade of the Ruined King on Kog'Maw - Does it work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akilies

03-12-2013

So i've heard people say it doesn't work on him, I just don't understand why. Can someone help me with this?

LeVentNoir

03-12-2013

It works very well. Ie, Bt, BotRK, LW and HtecGblade. Have fun.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

03-12-2013

The only reason I could see people saying it doesn't work on him is you have to give up PD, Statikk Shiv, or GA to make room for it. As it is now primarily an attackspeed item, it competes directly with both PD and Statikk Shiv for the 2 item slots you typically use for attackspeed. However, both options give movespeed -- a critical stat for a champion with no escape skills to maintain his "personal space" -- and crit chance, which late game can make or break your damage output. Alterantively, you can give up your 1 defensive slot for the increased sustain and the "gtfo" active, but that's an extremely risky choice to make on a champion that's known for being dead as soon as someone gets to him.

In an ideal premade team comp designed with Kog'Maw as the centerpiece, I'd highly recommend Kog'Maw build both Hurricane and BotRK because of the massive AoE % health damage at super high attackspeed, replacing PD and Statikk Shiv. You lose out on movespeed anywhere but boots, and you are trusting your crit chance entirely to what IE itself has. But in that scenario, your team will be built around keeping Kog alive, and locking enemies down in range of his blistering firestorm of % damage overload.

Dpaladinx

03-13-2013

It works well on Kog'maw. Combine this with Hurricane and his W, he's a beast anti-tank hypercarry.

It also works well with other hyper adcs that are highly dependent on autoattacking instead of skill usage (Tristana, Caitlyn, and Vayne comes into mind).

Kholdstare13

03-13-2013

It doesn't work on Kog'Maw THAT WELL, because it does physical damage, and only current health based at that. Kitae's is actually a far better option on maps where it is available, as perfect on-hit synergy. MBR was the most amazing Kog'Maw on-hit item in the game, but Riot somehow felt the need to take it out. I would have been all for a rework around swapping the armor for something more viable in season 3, but outright removal was crazy.

Of course if you decide to go raw AD and grab LW, by all means go for it.