Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Counterplay to Jax and his attack speed steriod before level 6.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Critkeeper

03-12-2013

And no, I'm not posting this because I just got my ass whooped by a Jax, because the fact is I haven't had a Jax on either team in over 10 games. He's just lacking in counter play and that kind of thing is hard to forget.

The fact that he can build attack speed through his passive by attacking minions and then leap on you in lane gives him too much of an advantage and makes counter playing him difficult. There are plenty of champions that could trade with Jax after a leap if he didn't already have fully charged stacks on his attack speed, but because he can just pre-charge and then leap he out does a lot of match ups that he really shouldn't out do. I suggest you move it to a stacking mark on target, so that if he wants his attack speed steroid he has to attack you to get it.

And no, he doesn't have to push his lane all that hard in order to build up his passive. Its only 6 auto attacks now.

Titiln

03-12-2013

Fh .

Darklarik

03-12-2013

Cho'Gath if played well can kick his ass

Bouncing Beauty

03-12-2013

Randuin's.

W0L

03-12-2013

And when he pre charges you harass the **** outta him so that even when he jumps to you with 6 stacks you still own his face...

KetiaX

03-12-2013

Only low-division players would use W before Q. In high-skilled play, you use Q, auto attack, then reset the auto attack by using W.

Qi Pug Macchiato

03-12-2013

Quote:
I am Trynda:
And no, I'm not posting this because I just got my ass whooped by a Jax, because the fact is I haven't had a Jax on either team in over 10 games. He's just lacking in counter play and that kind of thing is hard to forget.

The fact that he can build attack speed through his passive by attacking minions and then leap on you in lane gives him too much of an advantage and makes counter playing him difficult. There are plenty of champions that could trade with Jax after a leap if he didn't already have fully charged stacks on his attack speed, but because he can just pre-charge and then leap he out does a lot of match ups that he really shouldn't out do. I suggest you move it to a stacking mark on target, so that if he wants his attack speed steroid he has to attack you to get it.

And no, he doesn't have to push his lane all that hard in order to build up his passive. Its only 6 auto attacks now.

Poop on him early game through outplaying and jungle ganks. Jax is a hyper carry equivalent to most AD carries, except tanky. The downside to that is his early game is a little weaker than most. If you see him in draft, either counter pick or pick early game oriented runes/masteries to really get the most out of it. Late game, building randuins will poop on him pretty hard too.

Critkeeper

03-12-2013

I have a feeling that the people in this thread aren't even reading the post. Oh well, I'm not going to make a big deal out of it.

Redeemed Rivên

03-12-2013

Don't let him attack you, try taking ms quints on singed and kiting him when he leaps.

Cards and Dice

03-12-2013

Lacking in counter play huh?

Tell me then, why do Mordekaiser, Swain, Kennen, Akali, Nasus, Ryze, Elise, Singed, Lee Sin, and Yorick have an easy time with Jax? They all lane top, after all.