Saturday afternoon 76 58.91%
Saturday evening 79 61.24%
Sunday morning 44 34.11%
Sunday afternoon 72 55.81%
Sunday evening 77 59.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

(Factions) Demacia - Strategy Thread

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arnbjorn1

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeTrap View Post

We played some Normals together first, and I think it really helped us figure out how to work together. My (inexperienced) interpretation: Demacia is indeed a tanky-DPS-heavy faction. We were able to leverage that tonight with early game aggression (where tanky DPS dominates) and a "dogpile" teamfight strat where we just dove in and stacked CC and AoE on top of each other until they collapsed. It was especially devastating against Piltover.
Good to hear. I won't be able to join you guys until this Thursday evening. Is there any organization around who is getting what item? A lot of tank items are good to have 1, maybe 2 of in every teamfight (like Randuins and Frozen Heart).

VNSandvich

03-13-2013

What's the poll about? Is it asking about what time the teams can play, or is it asking what time people that will watch?

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNSandvich View Post
What's the poll about? Is it asking about what time the teams can play, or is it asking what time people that will watch?
What time people can play. You're welcome to sign up! It's a decentralized "allegiance" thing using pick-up games, rather than set 5-player teams and set match times. The poll is just to quickly suggest when people are likely to be on and available to start matches.

See: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3215351

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnbjorn1 View Post
Good to hear. I won't be able to join you guys until this Thursday evening. Is there any organization around who is getting what item? A lot of tank items are good to have 1, maybe 2 of in every teamfight (like Randuins and Frozen Heart).
We haven't coordinated that yet, but that's a good point.

Are there any items that are especially good on a tanky team?

One unconventional idea: WOTA might be nice where a lot of our damage is coming from ability base damage, and where we have high resistances (making regen / vamp more effective).

Lieutenant Lulu

03-13-2013

Quote:
Heading to bed. But that was a great night of Demacia games! Thanks all!

Tymedragon in particular was pretty awesome, leading Demacia to victory.

We played some Normals together first, and I think it really helped us figure out how to work together. My (inexperienced) interpretation: Demacia is indeed a tanky-DPS-heavy faction. We were able to leverage that tonight with early game aggression (where tanky DPS dominates) and a "dogpile" teamfight strat where we just dove in and stacked CC and AoE on top of each other until they collapsed. It was especially devastating against Piltover.
<3

KHDragonn

03-13-2013

You forgot the Void and shadow isles =(

EDIT: and Bilgewater and Bandle city ;

Denair

03-13-2013

Hey guys, I just joined up. Silver 3 (but dropped to IV from idiots).

I own every champion in the game besides Quinn and Hecarim. I will be getting Quinn within the end of either today or tomorrow most likely though.

My main roles are Mid>Top>Adc>Support>Jungle.

I have some experience doing the classic Demacian Commando team and wrecking face with them! I feel that our line up is very strong and that with the right people in the right roles, we can win all our matches. FOR DEMACIA!

Best mids would indeed be either Lux or Galio.

Top lane: We have several great picks, so no need to list here.

Jungle: Jarvan and Xin are currently amongst the best junglers out there out of all the champs

ADC: Ok, yes we are lacking in this department with only Vayne and Quinn, but Vayne is a powerhouse if we can protect her. Don't have enough experience with Quinn quite yet to say anything on her.

Support: Sona is great for an aggressive lane, Galio can do a decent poke support as well. Lux is also a good support, so we have a few choices at least.

*EDIT: Also, remember to join the chat groups everyone! Then once your in, go to the upper right corner and click the gear icon. After that, check the auto-join at start box*

slipstreem

03-13-2013

they did one of these in the very beginning of league(ok not very beginning.. but start of season 1)... I believe one side ended up with sion jungle because he was the only option left after bans for it.

Arnbjorn1

03-13-2013

Quote:
We haven't coordinated that yet, but that's a good point.

Are there any items that are especially good on a tanky team?

One unconventional idea: WOTA might be nice where a lot of our damage is coming from ability base damage, and where we have high resistances (making regen / vamp more effective).
Some really great items for a tanky team are:
Warmogs (ofc),
randuins,
frozen heart,
at least one person with frozen mallet,
Locket of the Iron Solari (if you aren't already getting this in jungle, do it now),
comboing BotRK and either Wits End or Trinity Force gives you enough dps to be able to build tanky with other items,
Banshees Veil for initiators,
Runic Bulwark,
one person on the team should get Zekes Herald.
Jungler can occasionally get Spirit of the Ancient Golem, depending on the situation
For AP players;
Rod of Ages
Rylais
(Galio should probably get both of the above)
Zhonyas (situational)
perhaps Iceborn (this might be good on Galio, not sure)
Abyssal Scepter.

Khonnan

03-13-2013

Hello friends,

I am really excited to give this a try with some of you guys hopefully soon! I just stumbled across this thread on Reddit and it seems like a great idea that may pick up interest as time goes on.

Anyway... I am currently Silver V (started IV but fell off to V early) and have now noticed that I own quite a few Demacian champs so I decided this would be the place for me.

What I feel comfortable doing with the champs I own:

Top: Fiora/Garen/Xin/Shyv

Normally I would go Fiora or Garen top. Xin and Shyv are okay but Xin is stronger in the jungle and Shyv is VERY underpowered right now in my opinion.

Mid: Lux

My only mid lane Demaican camp so not many options here.

Jungle: J4, Xin, Fiora

Jungle is usually my main (and preferred) role. In ranked I normally go J4 or Xin so I would feel very comfortable here with them. Fiora is decent out of the jungle but I would only jungle her if J4 and Xin were already chosen.

Bot Lane: QV, Lux

I am pretty strong on QV atm as well as decent with support Lux.

_____
I am super excited to try this out with anyone tonight. I will be avalible from 6PM PST - 12 PST tonight and similar times tomorrow. If anyone would like to do some normals and practice feel free to send a friend request.

Demacia, now and forever!
Khonnan

1234567 ... 11