Dont dodge its aram for a reason

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Big Bang Death

03-21-2013

played 5 arams and abams tonight and one game took 34 mins to start cause of leavers in a abam!

Darikalx

03-21-2013

100% agree with the dodging being terribly detrimental to the game

100% disagree with the blitzcrank dodging... if he misses his pull (which most of the people in ARAM aren't that terribly good at landing them in my experience) he is USELESS til it comes back up... if he tries to run in to stun someone you have your entire team there to make him explode instantly...

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

another pro tip for playing against a blitz...

if you can't see blitz STAY AWAY FROM THE BUSHES!!!!!!!

Big Bang Death

03-27-2013

I believe that blitz is underpowered in aram. if you cant dodge skill shots should not play lol

Birthday Deluxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

Part of the reason I even started playing this mode was to force myself to figure out champions who I have unlocked but never necessarily learned how to use because it was just easier to stick with champions that had clicked with me really quickly. All Random is supposed to force you out of your comfort zone and use tactics or champions that you normally wouldn't think about.

Dodging until everything is just right really defeats the purpose of that, and can be counter-productive and really keep you from learning things you maybe didn't know. Maybe a team comp that you thought was weak actually is really strong, or it happens to hard counter the team you were up against, or maybe a team seems strong but is actually totally dysfunctional for reasons that aren't immediately obvious. Playing against Jayce/Nid/Blitz/etc. is hard at first, but it also teaches you how to deal with them and will help you figure out where your ceiling is and how to reach or even raise it.

Hopefully when we get Howling Abyss we can get dodge timers for ARAM and some other QoL accoutrements to address problems like this one.

GMNChampion

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birthday Deluxe View Post
Part of the reason I even started playing this mode was to force myself to figure out champions who I have unlocked but never necessarily learned how to use because it was just easier to stick with champions that had clicked with me really quickly. All Random is supposed to force you out of your comfort zone and use tactics or champions that you normally wouldn't think about.
I own almost all the champions and I like ARAM from this instance. About two weeks ago I randomed Riven and thought 'well I'll be useless' but played anyway and ended up doing fairly well with her. The ARAM enabled me to learn her kit on the fly and now I play her whenever I'm in top lane against certain champs.

As far as Blitz is concerned, you learn from your mistakes so avoid the 2nd grab or better yet aoe people as they converge on the first grab.

Mumblebee

03-31-2013

PLEASE READ SO WE CAN SOLVE THE REAL PROBLEM

I think the real issue here is that Riot has not done anything to fix this issue (please redirect me if they have responded to similar posts in the past). I don't even get upset at this point until the number of dodges goes over 10....IN ONE QUEUE!!...I am just used to it. They already have the tools in place to resolve this with the dodge penalty. Ten minutes though? It needs to be a sliding scale with more time the more dodges you commit. I also think that with the new Honor system, there should be a queue dodge counter that flags your account as a coward dodger if your count gets too high. Please fix this Riot. I convinced myself yesterday not to buy a new console game because I still mildly enjoy the ARAM games I eventually get to play..