At what times are you likely to be around? (to help people plan)

Sunday Mornings, Pacific 242 32.84%
Sunday Evenings, Pacific 392 53.19%
Monday Mornings, Pacific 106 14.38%
Monday Evenings, Pacific 336 45.59%
Tuesday Mornings, Pacific 113 15.33%
Tuesday Evenings, Pacific 362 49.12%
Wednesday Mornings, Pacific 108 14.65%
Wednesday Evenings, Pacific 347 47.08%
Thursday Mornings, Pacific 115 15.60%
Thursday Evenings, Pacific 351 47.63%
Friday Mornings, Pacific 130 17.64%
Friday Evenings, Pacific 450 61.06%
Saturday Mornings, Pacific 316 42.88%
Saturday Evenings, Pacific 517 70.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 737. You may not vote on this poll

(RULES) Faction Matches

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XElement

03-12-2013

Demmiiiicaaaaa

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

Demacia–Piltover
Demacia +5 points
Piltover -5 points

Even matchup rating-wise. Piltover, progressive experimenters that they are, brought Caitlyn and Ezreal botlane ... and actually dominated. But Demacia rallied behind Jarvan IV and won.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

Piltover–Demacia
Demacia +4 points
Piltover -4 points

A rematch! There were SO MANY ROBOTS. ಠ_ಠ

Some prodigious Heimerdinger tactics (almost escaping Sona, Garen, and Shyvana coming at him from both sides) were on display. Number of robots on the Piltover team ... unknown, but suspected to be HIGH.

Tremendously fun game.

It might be that Piltover needs a buff. One idea is to add Rumble to their lineup. Then again, it might also be that Piltoverians need to start a strategy thread and practice together a bit; the Demacian team had just played a couple Normals to get used to working together. In a quirky mode like this, time to figure out the oddities of each roster and develop a strategy (Demacian strat: a bunch of bruisers pile on top of each other and AoE-CC the teamfight to oblivion) that works with it is pretty key.

CupcakeTrap

03-13-2013

Does anyone have endgame screenshots from the Ionia game(s) last night?

If so, submit them here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Qcz...8NcZk/viewform

so I can tally points. You should also feel encouraged to post them up here as attachments, with some commentary on how the games went. (There were two games? Or one?)

Upvote the Reddit thread if you can!
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...four_starting/

Also added: the prize!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeTrap View Post
WHAT'S NEXT?
On May 1, I'll create a poll to decide which new factions will join the system.
My current plan is to add two new factions:
One chosen by the community generally,
One chosen by vote among the members of the victorious faction.

The poll process will run for one week, and then the new factions will be announced. At that time, everyone will have a chance to change allegiances (if they want to do so).
On Syndra:
Quote:

So on Syndra: I originally had her there, but I was persuaded to remove her because her lore is like "BWAHAHA DESTROY THESE IONIAN FOOLS!"

That said, I think she's definitely plausible as Ionian ... if nothing else, we can handwave it and pretend she decided to help Ionia "for now" or something. Flavor-wise, it seems fine.

Gameplay-wise, Ionia seems very strong so far, and I want to wait and see a bit before I add more to their lineup.

Mysterio731

03-13-2013

Quote:
Does anyone have endgame screenshots from the Ionia game(s) last night?
I took a screenshot (of the one game), but then I put something else on my copy without pasting it >_<

WagglyWoochcap

03-13-2013

So, I have a proposition:

Give Piltover Rumble. He fell out with Bandle City and went to college there. Piltover is by far the weakest-looking faction-they can benefit A LOT from the tankiness and lane utility he provides. Plus it would bring the champions numbers into greater equality-everyone in the double digits seems more fair as it allows everyone to have two completely different teamcomps with no shared characters.

Disclaimer: I'm Demacian, so I don't have a vested interest. It just seems fair

Edit: Oh, Cupcake already thought of this. Well, do it.

Mysterio731

03-13-2013

Ionia thread updated with Demacia match analysis; what was our record before? I just want to be sure I didn't skip any matches (but I must have, because we're positive). Analysis includes everything the match report form does except a screenshot (but it has summoner names and picks). Also, given the relative strength of our lineup, I will be fine with waiting on Syndra.

Any chance we could get the Ionia thread included in the OP? Link here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3218733

CupcakeTrap

03-13-2013

Ionia–Demacia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio731 View Post
3/12 Match Analysis (Ionia was blue side)

Summoners and Picks (Ionia v Demacia)
erdrah (Shen) - Trickysticks (Lux)
Serephenne (Zed) - Fernan18 (Jarvan IV)
Kyubat (Kennen) - Zaix (Galio)
Mysterio731 (Soraka) - Hailnoxid (Garen)
ultimaasummoner (Udyr) - thecalikid (Xin Zhao)

I suggested we pick Zed to try and counter Lux, but Demacia juked us and sent Lux top to harass Shen and countered our counterpick by sending Galio and J4 mid (the latter of whom I have seen in the mid lane quite a few times by Demacia, actually...). We had Soraka and Kennen bot to try and shut down Garen, but Garen played it smart and roamed mid while we were back and came to bot only when we pushed up (I should probably have gone up to aid Zed in the 2v1). Xin Zhao was everywhere at once, setting up ganks across the map that set us back in the early game. The key to their dominance was their fantastic "catch" ability; if ever we were too far from our allies, then we were dead before we could ping assistance. Therefore, to counter the Demacia match-up, I suggest heavier (counter)warding in our own areas. Map awareness is ESSENTIAL in making sure that the Demacians can't blow us up. The pressure was ameliorated in the late mid game and end game by grouping up with more aggressive warding; now when the Demacians tried to engage (the Galio/J4/Lux ult being the standard explosion), we could disrupt it (Udyr stuns, Shen taunts, and Soraka silences) or counterinititate (Kennen ult) at our leisure. In addition, we began to get some pick offs of our own through this group roaming (Zed was great for this). Through a grinding series of teamfights, we slowly wrested control of the game back and managed to push to Ionian victory.

What to take away from the match (TL; DR): Ward and group. Don't let the Demacians DEMACIA all over us. Their pick offs are dangerous; develop map awareness!
Rating Analysis (2 = Bronze, 3 = Silver, etc.)

IONIA - 11 (average: 2.2)
Shen - 1
Zed - 2
Kennen - 1
Soraka - 2
Udyr - 5

DEMACIA - 15 (average: 3)
Lux - 3
Jarvan IV - 3
Galio - 4
Garen - 3
Xin Zhao - 2

+20% bonus to Ionia for defeating more experienced Summoners!

Ionia: +6 points
Demacia: -6 points

Updated scoreboard:

Quote:
CURRENT POINT TOTALS
Point totals are based on map type. There is also an adjustment for relative skill level. (Skill level is based on approximate rating. e.g., Bronze is 2 points, Silver is 3 points.)

DEMACIA: 0
IONIA: 10
NOXUS: 4
PILTOVER: -14

SR Games Played: 6
TT Games Played: 0
Dominion Games Played: 0
Proving Grounds Games Played: 0

Last updated March 13, 2013

Joyless jerks tend to downvote this on Reddit.
Upvotes from people who are enjoying this and want to bring in more players are much appreciated: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...four_starting/

CupcakeTrap

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhusslan View Post
So, I have a proposition:

Give Piltover Rumble. He fell out with Bandle City and went to college there. Piltover is by far the weakest-looking faction-they can benefit A LOT from the tankiness and lane utility he provides. Plus it would bring the champions numbers into greater equality-everyone in the double digits seems more fair as it allows everyone to have two completely different teamcomps with no shared characters.

Disclaimer: I'm Demacian, so I don't have a vested interest. It just seems fair

Edit: Oh, Cupcake already thought of this. Well, do it.
I think that Piltover needs to organize a strategy thread like Demacia and Ionia have done.

That said, I do feel like adding Rumble to the roster is pretty reasonable. He's a hamster in a steam-powered mech! That's definitely Piltover.

Rumble has declared for Piltover ... at least until Bandle City gets involved!

Mysterio731

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernan18
Fernan18: can we do lile piltover + demacia vs noxus + ionia?
Fernan18: or something like that?
Cupcake pls