Warmog's on Vlad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M4nTiCoR3

11-02-2010

I agree that both SV and HG are strong choices early on for vlad, but tend to fall off late game. Mog's is a solid item from purchase to endgame due to the scaling. That doesnt mean that the others arnt good choices, but it depends on the situation. I like grabing a ruby crystal first, and playing my lane. Once i see whats happing in the game, i can take the ruby and make any of the 3 items mentioned because its used in all their formulas. Starting with ruby isnt as easy as other chouices, but it adds a lot of early/mid game flexibility in item slecetion...ecspecially if you make a mistake and find yourself back at spawn earleir than you anticipated.

CircleWind

11-02-2010

if you wanna a tank Vlad, Sunfire+Force of Nature is the best choice. If you wanna build a caster, I always go Haunting guise+ Rylai's. Even though they nerfed vlad so each AP is only 1.8 HP, i still think AP is the better way to go. Stacking HP makes Vlad harder to die but also leaves him less useful. Warmog can be an OK choice in late game if you are playing tanky, but I don't really suggest you get it.

Fiddle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2010

When you can buy Warmogs on your first trip back fed, and your team isn't feeding, go for it.
Having 3000+ hp while that sivir down at bottom has 1.2 max, it's ridiculous how easy you can tower dive, more so with Warmogs.
Otherwise buy a giants belt, boots, and work on rylais. I get warmogs after zhonyas, if not FoN or Randiuns.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2010

With the change to Warmog's, I tried it a few times with Vlad and had mixed results. I still think getting a Rylais as your first item is the safer bet, especially with the change to Warmog's - specifically how much easier it is to farm the bonus. Once you pick up Rylais and your boots, you can look at what their team is going for, how your team is building, and adjust yourself accordingly. An "HP" Vlad and an "AP" will both want the Rylais, so this is a safe route.

If your team needs a tank of some kind, consider Warmogs then work on resistances (preferably resist items that benefit your passive, such as Sunfire or Abyssal). If your team needs more AP output, focus on that instead.

Using the same build every game won't always work.

Petrouchka

11-03-2010

the real buff to warmog's wasn't stat allocation but stacking on assists. this means you don't need to rush it anymore. i think it's a good item on him but rylai's is always going to be a higher priority. nothing else compares with ap, hp and a slow.

homeskilit

11-03-2010

i go revolver, sorc boots, rylais, and zhonyas then finish with what ever u want

Xtchizobr

11-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumulous View Post
Visage or Haunting guise first. I typically go with Haunting Guise unless there is a healer on my team.

Oh going on Warmog's, Rylai's is only 105 more gold. There is absolutely no reason to get Warmog's before Rylai's. And if you consider getting Warmog's after Rylai's you may as well just get Zring for 400~ more.

Essentially unless you are building a tank vlad, Warmog's isn't worth getting.
but with the remake, Tankvlad is viable...

viable in that you will be rather survivable, not that you will be doing anything important with your invulnerability.

Squirrelloid

11-03-2010

i could totally see tank vlad with warmogs. (+banshees, sunfire x2, Raduins, merc treads? May need a FoN in there instead of the second sunfire against some teams). But it looks pretty lackluster if you're not tanking.

SuperChoob

11-03-2010

Vlad only really benefits from more HP for his pool damage and makes the cost of tides of blood less critical, but Vlad really doesn't tank well. If he gets focused, his high HP does no good for him or for your team because he can't stun or taunt or otherwise keep enemies in position for your team to do damage. If he pools, then enemies can't target him and will just ignore him until he comes back up with 20% of his HP missing.

TLDR; Vlad should not be getting focused.

Wolfzer

11-03-2010

I can't tell you how many people have chased me thinking I'm squishy when I have warmogs. I usually build it first with the regen pendent and am careful to play defensively. I get my boots then build the rest of warmogs. I found though, if I'm solo laning or 2v1 this works very well. If I have a partner, it never works out, and go for rylai's and boots first.