Question To Vladimir players!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SxFx

11-05-2010

AP or HP? Which one do you build him as and what items / runes do you prefer on him.
I just recently bought him and have had good success with more based items, I build items like: Spirit Visage, Warmogs, Rylais, Zonya, Sorc boots and last items anything I need, Games rarely go further than those. So, Tell me your experiences on builds and your own opinions on which one do you prefer?

ThyProphet

11-05-2010

I usually stack Rylais Scepter.

Smellis

11-05-2010

I like playing him as the mage carry. Item build is similar to yours except i drop spirit visage and warmogs to get mejai (if im having a great start, its not a CORE item)/ abyssal scepter/void staff. Stuff like that.

I'll also usually get 2 rylai's as it is his best item by a long shot.

I tend to stay away from warmogs ingeneral. Its not hard to farm it up with vlad at all and those games where you have 5500 hp are pretty funny. But against people with half a brain they'll buy madred's and proceed to skull **** you. Banshee's veil is a pretty awesome item for him instead since you shouldn't have much trouble with melee.

SxFx

11-05-2010

To having that significant hp, came to my mind when u talked about madreds. Warwick Hungering Striked me (Q spell) very late game, and Healed himself for 904 hp, same dmg to me ofc, So, u really should be getting Some MR on him if there are some %maxhp spells or some1 who tends to build madreds, Specially WW

M4nTiCoR3

11-05-2010

I have seen and personally had success with both types of builds. Any way you slice it, your really talking about a HP/AP hybrid beceasue of his passive. However, builds that tend to focus on AP have a much different playstyle than those that focus more on HP stacking instead. You should read a few guides and try both to see what you prefer. You may find you enjoy one style over the other, but learning to play both gives you more flexibility.

Ryali's is pretty much standard in every build because of how cost effective it is with his passive. You just cant't beat it for the gold, though stacking it is kinda pointless with so many other good synergistic items out there.

El Hebrew Hammer

11-05-2010

HP. I play HP Vlad and do really well with him. General build look like
Warmog's
Sorc Boots
Rylai's Crystal Scepter (by this point you have 3k+ health and 170ish AP)
then Mejai's if doing well or another Warmog's

Don't flame me. Just try it

ItsTheFark

11-05-2010

Warmogs is a terrible, item... just never buy it.

Smellis

11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SukkaTheWicked View Post
To having that significant hp, came to my mind when u talked about madreds. Warwick Hungering Striked me (Q spell) very late game, and Healed himself for 904 hp, same dmg to me ofc, So, u really should be getting Some MR on him if there are some %maxhp spells or some1 who tends to build madreds, Specially WW
Yeah its just not a good idea to go all out stacking HP. HP with no mitigation might as well make you a free kill to a good portion of champions.

I think the most ideal build i've ended up after i had a good game was:

Merc treads
Rylai x2
zhonya
Void staff
banshee's
tripple elixir.

All that together gave me around 700-800 AP and 4.5k hp. Needless to say, 2 Q-E combos and someone was dead.

Petrouchka

11-06-2010

wait, why would you buy a green elixir on vlad?

Smellis

11-06-2010

Because i have all 6 of my items and nothing else to spend gold on?