Let us talk about Clairvoyance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sigil of LeBlanc

03-11-2013

Good day,

When is the best time to choose clairvoyance in a game? I am very interested to use it but so far I never seen anyone choose it as one of their summoner spells. If you can give me the pros and cons of this spell, please don't hesitate to share.

Private Riem

03-11-2013

Best time to use it? 2 years ago.
Before it got nerfed.
Twice.

Same with clarity.
Summoner spell is underused?
Better nerf it!
3 times!

Archangelus

03-11-2013

Use it when you have a full premade 5's. Supports should be carrying this spell, nobody else should even consider it. It really helps if you need to invade as well.

Sigil of LeBlanc

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos83417 View Post
Use it when you have a full premade 5's. Supports should be carrying this spell, nobody else should even consider it. It really helps if you need to invade as well.
Thanks! If I buy Eleisa's Miracle with Mastermind utility spell maxed, I could bring the cooldown to 41 secs. I hope my calculations are correct.

Kaysler

03-11-2013

Honestly I started running it again and I must say Vision is OP, you can with the CDR on masteries and Elie's miracle its up a lot. With just CDR from Utility tree I can CV their fountain quickly then use it for invade too. also much safer going around to ward if you can check common hiding spots before you walk out to baron pit ect.

Kaysler

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeandroNueva View Post
Thanks! If I buy Eleisa's Miracle with Mastermind utility spell maxed, I could bring the cooldown to 41 secs. I hope my calculations are correct.
40.5 - http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Summoner_spells

TheUnburned

03-11-2013

You have to sacrifice exhaust/heal or flash. Probably my favorite support to use it on is Soraka. She's a little too squishy to make good use of exhaust in teamfights, and Summoner Heal on her is a little redundant (though still effective). So CV makes good use of the slot.

The best time to use it is against a dangerous jungler that you know will be ganking often. Nocturne and Fiddlesticks are good examples, because it's difficult to ward all of the locations that they can launch a gank from. Knowing these locations and using CV at the right time can be a very effective counter (although in high ranks and competitive matches, ward coverage is usually so heavy that CV just becomes unnecessary. I find it more useful in solo queue, where you can't depend on the jungler or any other teammate to ward effectively)

Tigrian

03-11-2013

The correct answer is on cooldown, unless you need vision in a specific spot (baron or blue) within the next 40 seconds (with miracle and masteries)

Honestly as a support it is ridiculous. It lets me keep top and mid "warded" without having to go up there.

0QPe8VDDB3

03-11-2013

If you take Clairvoyance, you will lose trades in bot lane. It was a great choice a long time ago, but the nerfs to it, plus the slight changes in the meta, made it obsolete.

Exhaust/Flash > Clairvoyance

Sigil of LeBlanc

03-11-2013

On my other account, I picked up clairvoyance. It saves lives!