Volibear top lane is a beast

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crocele

03-11-2013

im not sure if its because hes actually a beast or if ppl just underestimate him because hes isnt seen much in top lane. but seriously when i reach lvl 3 with voli if i get my throw on you your guaranteed to be at less than half hp. and i stand beside my low creeps so they have to get near me if they want any farm at all so its very easy to land a throw. he does have alot of bad matchups but in my opinion he is just a beast

Aria Sachou

03-11-2013

Idk about that
I do very well against Volibear with Garen, Darius and even Nasus
I fought a Voli with Garen (before recent W nerf) and got 3 kills by 8 mins and when their jungler came in for a gank I got a double
Ignite really wreaks Voli

but yea bad match ups
What is a good match up?

Blkshroud

03-11-2013

I think if you know what you are doing you can do really well with volibear but otherwise not so much. I say this because I have seen some really bad volibears xD.

Crocele

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria Sachou View Post
Idk about that
I do very well against Volibear with Garen, Darius and even Nasus
I fought a Voli with Garen (before recent W nerf) and got 3 kills by 8 mins and when their jungler came in for a gank I got a double
Ignite really wreaks Voli

but yea bad match ups
What is a good match up?
umm so far ive destroyed gangplank, a shen, a darius and if i recall correctly a jayce. and ya ignite owns volibear :P.

ASYLUM101

03-11-2013

It's hit or miss.

I've done exceptionally well with him, but I think its because people don't know how to react to him.

Ignite destroys his passive, his W isn't reliable as a nuke but in a duel (solo top) it can work out to your advantage. Duelists will most likely beat you np (jax, xin, lee, fiora)

edit: I'm not sure how a gp or jayce will lose to volibear, LOL

gregorymarco

03-11-2013

He's sleeper OP IMO.
He's just a lategame beast with all that utility and damage packed into the health stacking meta.

Not to mention he's easy as ****.

SrKillaIot

03-11-2013

then jax comes up and is like ahahahahahahaahaha voli you get dodged then stunned and I win the trade.

Crocele

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkshroud View Post
I think if you know what you are doing you can do really well with volibear but otherwise not so much. I say this because I have seen some really bad volibears xD.
ya some people seem to think they are unkillable due to his passive but really its not true :P

Crocele

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
It's hit or miss.

I've done exceptionally well with him, but I think its because people don't know how to react to him.

Ignite destroys his passive, his W isn't reliable as a nuke but in a duel (solo top) it can work out to your advantage. Duelists will most likely beat you np (jax, xin, lee, fiora)

edit: I'm not sure how a gp or jayce will lose to volibear, LOL
the jayce didnt seem to know what he was doing at all. and ya i did decent against a jax until he got a few items and then i couldn't do anything to him.