Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Volibear top lane is a beast

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crocele

03-11-2013

im not sure if its because hes actually a beast or if ppl just underestimate him because hes isnt seen much in top lane. but seriously when i reach lvl 3 with voli if i get my throw on you your guaranteed to be at less than half hp. and i stand beside my low creeps so they have to get near me if they want any farm at all so its very easy to land a throw. he does have alot of bad matchups but in my opinion he is just a beast

Aria Sachou

03-11-2013

Idk about that
I do very well against Volibear with Garen, Darius and even Nasus
I fought a Voli with Garen (before recent W nerf) and got 3 kills by 8 mins and when their jungler came in for a gank I got a double
Ignite really wreaks Voli

but yea bad match ups
What is a good match up?

Blkshroud

03-11-2013

I think if you know what you are doing you can do really well with volibear but otherwise not so much. I say this because I have seen some really bad volibears xD.

Crocele

03-11-2013

Quote:
Aria Sachou:
Idk about that
I do very well against Volibear with Garen, Darius and even Nasus
I fought a Voli with Garen (before recent W nerf) and got 3 kills by 8 mins and when their jungler came in for a gank I got a double
Ignite really wreaks Voli

but yea bad match ups
What is a good match up?

umm so far ive destroyed gangplank, a shen, a darius and if i recall correctly a jayce. and ya ignite owns volibear :P.

ASYLUM101

03-11-2013

It's hit or miss.

I've done exceptionally well with him, but I think its because people don't know how to react to him.

Ignite destroys his passive, his W isn't reliable as a nuke but in a duel (solo top) it can work out to your advantage. Duelists will most likely beat you np (jax, xin, lee, fiora)

edit: I'm not sure how a gp or jayce will lose to volibear, LOL

gregorymarco

03-11-2013

He's sleeper OP IMO.
He's just a lategame beast with all that utility and damage packed into the health stacking meta.

Not to mention he's easy as ****.

SrKillaIot

03-11-2013

then jax comes up and is like ahahahahahahaahaha voli you get dodged then stunned and I win the trade.

Crocele

03-11-2013

Quote:
Blkshroud:
I think if you know what you are doing you can do really well with volibear but otherwise not so much. I say this because I have seen some really bad volibears xD.

ya some people seem to think they are unkillable due to his passive but really its not true :P

Crocele

03-11-2013

Quote:
ASYLUM101:
It's hit or miss.

I've done exceptionally well with him, but I think its because people don't know how to react to him.

Ignite destroys his passive, his W isn't reliable as a nuke but in a duel (solo top) it can work out to your advantage. Duelists will most likely beat you np (jax, xin, lee, fiora)

edit: I'm not sure how a gp or jayce will lose to volibear, LOL

the jayce didnt seem to know what he was doing at all. and ya i did decent against a jax until he got a few items and then i couldn't do anything to him.