Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot: Blitz, Amumu and Malph banned 4 life

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eph289

03-11-2013

I personally ban Blitzcrank, Singed, and Akali right now, and hope the other team bans Malphite and people out of the Amumu/Hecarim/Vi/Shen pool.

Ballstein211

03-11-2013

Quote:
WHYY0UMADBR0:
No matter what you do, no matter what you say, always banned, never play

at least people have slowly stopped banning Shen and Ali.

Honestly the only one I see banned consistently anymore is amumu. I never ban blitz anymore cause he is so easy to counter bot lane with a taric or leona. People in bronze just auto ban those champs because they don't know who else to ban, but better players understand to ban based on what champs counter your team comp.

Shaboopie

03-11-2013

Quote:
WHYY0UMADBR0:
No matter what you do, no matter what you say, always banned, never play

at least people have slowly stopped banning Shen and Ali.

*Cough cough* Blind pick Normals.

Skyhawke

03-11-2013

While part of the problem is indeed "sheepish," there are reasons behind the bans.

In the chaos of solo-queue teamfights late game, one Blitz hook can turn the game, no matter how poorly he has done up to that point.

Amumu's Q-Ult combo isn't very hard to land and will, again, make or break teamfights.

Malph's Ult is very easy to use, despite it's strength as an initiating skill.

Essentially these picks will have a pretty high impact in the chaos of mid or late game, regardless of the skill of the player.

LargeSnorlax

03-11-2013

Quote:
Skyhawke:

In the chaos of solo-queue teamfights late game, one Blitz hook can turn the game, no matter how poorly he has done up to that point.

Not meaning to be rude, but this is pretty standard low level playing mentality - Blitz is incredibly weak lategame and incredibly weak/counterable early game.

The only thing he has is hook. That's it. He has a mediocre damage ult and a knockup on one person. He has an initiate, which in League of Warmogs no longer globals someone, and then he is useless.

Take it from someone who played a lot of Blitz - He's not in a great place right now. If you first pick and ban Thresh/Taric/Leona and pick Blitz, you might be right, but otherwise, you sit in lane being a derp and hope for a few good hooks later, not the most fun way to play any more

Eph289

03-11-2013

Quote:
LargeSnorlax:
Not meaning to be rude, but this is pretty standard low level playing mentality - Blitz is incredibly weak lategame and incredibly weak/counterable early game.

The only thing he has is hook. That's it. He has a mediocre damage ult and a knockup on one person. He has an initiate, which in League of Warmogs no longer globals someone, and then he is useless.

Take it from someone who played a lot of Blitz - He's not in a great place right now. If you first pick and ban Thresh/Taric/Leona and pick Blitz, you might be right

As someone who has hated Blitzcrank since first having to play against him, I hope he stays there :3

I can't be objective about him.

Shaboopie

03-11-2013

Quote:
LargeSnorlax:

Take it from someone who played a lot of Blitz - He's not in a great place right now.

Hook, knockup, movespeed steroid, a huge shield, and a silence.

TommydaBoss

03-11-2013

at gold + people don't ban malphite/ali, mostly every jungler + akali/singed/khazix depending on what role leader plays

LargeSnorlax

03-11-2013

Quote:
Eph289:
As someone who has hated Blitzcrank since first having to play against him, I hope he stays there :3

I can't be objective about him.

*shrug* Your opinion as mentioned. I'm just mentioning he isn't strong now against anyone who's ever seen blitzcrank before.

His big strength was when EVERYONE played Sona/Soraka/Janna/squishy supports. Taric sucked, no one played Leona and thresh didn't exist. No one built health, Warmogs was weak and everyone was a lot squishier.

Queue season 3 - All that changes, and Blitzcrank remains weak.

LargeSnorlax

03-11-2013

Quote:
Shaboopie:
Hook, knockup, movespeed steroid, a huge shield, and a silence.

As mentioned, and not meaning to be rude - I've played almost 1000 games of Blitzcrank, in ranked and otherwise, you haven't. I'm well aware of what Blitzcrank does and doesn't do in a teamfight.

He has a perception of being invincibly strong - He isn't even close - Especially not anymore.