Does K/D/A REALLY not matter in solo queue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

arphan

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix9000 View Post
Global gold only matters if your teammates and yourself can make effective use of it.
Save challenger tier solo queue and competitive, KDA is far more significant in Solo Queue than global objectives (turrets excluded for obv. reasons)
You don't fully understand this game, if you think that this game its all about KDA.
You need to farm, you need to take dragon and baron and you need to push.
You don't need to be in challenger tier to be able to make use of it...
If I am the tank, and we have more global gold than the other team, I will initiate a fight!
If I am the adc, I will push a turret.
If I am the jungle, I will do baron, we will fight if we need.
If I am the support, I will ward the map in their jungle.

It's not all about KDA, if Amumu did three perfect ult, but finish the game 1-5-12, he still did well.

-Arphan-

Vichar

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirixan View Post
Either way, attitudes win games. Try improving team morale instead of going for the kills next time. And while I'm not saying you SHOULD be dying in team fights, considering there are several games you have with 0 deaths, take into consideration the fact you may be running away from clutch team fights when you shouldn't. Especially as anivia, sometimes its good to bait the enemy team to focusing you, and letting your own team do some clean up (egg form = double your effective hp as a tank). From your stats, it looks like you're good at cleaning up, but you may not be so good at positioning and judging the importance of your life vs winning a baron fight. (This is of course speculation, all the more power to you if you are fine at those things).
You offer great advice. However, I only pull back from a fight if the team signals retreat or I'm the last bird alive (and the enemy is high health with zero chance of cleanup). I bait with egg all the time. I egg out several times in a game often. I try to calculate before going in, but if the team insists on starting a bad fight I go in with them. (Note the trist game where I was 5/0 and then ended 6/5) I'm NOT going to leave my team hanging even if they get caught and have bad judgment. But neither am I going to foolishly throw my life away pushing without wards, getting caught by doing something too risky, or engaging in a fight where I'm horribly outclassed for no purpose. I do contest global objectives if I think we have a reasonable chance of stealing or cleaning up after they are weakened.

Regarding positioning, as adc and ap carry, I think my positioning is very good. I often have high "damage dealt to champions" stat on my team.

Qi Pug Macchiato

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichar View Post
Regarding my attitude, I am NEVER negative. I do suggest things to teammates, but here's an example of what I said to my failing vayne:

"Vayne, please don't push the lane without me. If you have to push please bring a ward with you."

"Vayne, please don't roll INTO the enemy team."

"push mid. they are out of position."

"This game is totally winnable. Let's stay focused." (I'm implying they should stop bickering.)

I'll give the team "gj" when they do something good but I won't say anything when they fail. Which is often. I'm polite and encouraging. I think some people just don't respond well to leadership because they think they know better.
The only thing I can think of then is having a champion more attuned to carrying late game. Anivia is a really strong main, but I find her to be lacking when it comes to solo carry power. Reason is because walls can save team mates, blizzards can stop pushing, her icicle can burst carries and her ice ball is a solid stun. But her biggest combo which is iceball stun + icicle has a huge degree of skill shotting, which can work against you late game when you're under constant pressure.

If you're duo queing, might I advise asking your partner to pick a tankish peeler jungle or top to protect you in team fights. I'm personally a top laner, so I feel like bruisers win games the most when they build right and soak damage, but it really does depend. Have you tried different mids for differe team compositions? In example, if you have a squishy team (lets say soraka, miss fortune, nocturne jungle and some other non-tank top), going a more heavy duty AP like diana?

I'm not in a great position to make remarks on diversity though seeing as I just have too much fun on singed :P

Tepin

03-11-2013

KDA is the results of doing things that matter.

Vichar

03-11-2013

Sure. I play annie, and I think i'm 13 wins / 5 losses with her. However, annie suffers from some disadvantages, too. She lacks Anivia's range, and she's really snowbally. I also don't do well against AD mids with Annie.

I also play Karthus, Malzahar, Morgana, Kennen (top/mid), and Lux mid. I like all these champs, but I feel like I have more control of team fights with anivia due to wall. I've turned games by getting a 3/2 split of their team in the jungle more times than I can remember.

I also play all 5 positions, with at least 3 champs I know well at all positions. I play just about all supports except Thresh. I know way more about this game than I ought to, which is kinda embarrassing now that I think about it. I just lack that extra quantity of skill that's needed to carry consistently when all lanes are failing. When the game is even remotely "fair" the game is really easy to win.

Red Krynnos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

Yes and no.

KDA helps provide you with tools you need to win the game. But the goal of the game is to blow up the enemy nexus. If you focus on KDA and not objectives, you can actually be a detriment to your team.

Sometimes it's better to let the enemy live than to try to go for the kill.

Sometimes it's better to risk death than to run away, and risking death will often result in death.

On the flip side, a terrible KDA doesn't mean you didn't help secure the victory. Locking down a high profile target with CC during or just before a team fight can make or break that fight, and someone who's been feeding horribly can still manage that.

Qi Pug Macchiato

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichar View Post
Sure. I play annie, and I think i'm 13 wins / 5 losses with her. However, annie suffers from some disadvantages, too. She lacks Anivia's range, and she's really snowbally. I also don't do well against AD mids with Annie.

I also play Karthus, Malzahar, Morgana, Kennen (top/mid), and Lux mid. I like all these champs, but I feel like I have more control of team fights with anivia due to wall. I've turned games by getting a 3/2 split of their team in the jungle more times than I can remember.

I also play all 5 positions, with at least 3 champs I know well at all positions. I play just about all supports except Thresh. I know way more about this game than I ought to, which is kinda embarrassing now that I think about it. I just lack that extra quantity of skill that's needed to carry consistently when all lanes are failing. When the game is even remotely "fair" the game is really easy to win.
All that being said, I guess just tough it out brother! People get bad streaks all the time for losing. One can only suggest possibilities, but honestly from what I read, I can't really think of where you'd be going wrong. That being said, all you have to do is tough it out. It could be any number of things between counter comps, your friend having bad games while you have good ones, or just a chain of matches with other people who are on the verge of being deranked. Statistically speaking, if all is as stated, I'm sure you will get higher eventually It's a game of numbers.

Thameos

03-11-2013

KDA is only important to an extent. In all honesty, if you are the bruiser/tank and give all of the kills to your carry positions, it's much better than slam dunking to take kills from someone who it is much more valuable on such as your Vayne. That being said though, if an opponent may get away or kill someone, feel free to recklessly damage them even if it takes the kill. But, all in all, this game is far too situation to say for sure whether KDA ratios flawlessly judge your overall performance. Typically though, if you have a lux mid who's goal is to sit back and snipe targets down is going 1-6-5, that is saying she is getting excessively caught out of position and dying for an unnecessary reason.

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

Sure they mean something, but the goal is winning, not having a nice KDA

HappinessFactory

03-11-2013

@OP

In one of your posts you claimed that you as a support made a vayne look like a god. I assume that her KDA was pretty good yet you still lost. Her bad plays supposedly more than made up for the amount of gold she accumulated through kills. Think about that and ask your initial question again.