What procs Warwick's passive?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PHoToS999

03-11-2013

Specifically, I was wondering about four items:

1. Wit's end: does the extra damage proc a second use of the passive, so it would double the heal?
2. Ravenous Hydra: Does it apply to everything hit by it? Also, does wit's end stack with this?
3. Sunfire Cape: Does the (near)constant damage proc the passive?
4. Thornmail: Would it essentially heal me every time they hit me with an AA?

Although, I would like to know if there's anything else that synergizes with his passive really well. I'm trying to craft a warwick that can constantly be running back and forth on the map without relying on AP to maximize his q lifesteal since he's so mana hungry.

Essentially, jungling would completely restore his health for gank opportunities while not using his q at all.

CaptainBinkles

03-11-2013

Umm...well its his auto attack that applies his passive, so I don't know why 3 or 4 were even a thought.

Its basically an extra on hit effect, so it applies separately from wits end, so they both apply once on one hit. Also, the healing is independent, so the healing heals the amount of damage displayed before magic resist mitigation.

Voidgolem

03-11-2013

pretty sure it's just his autoattack and every hit of his ult. No double-dipping.

Tepin

03-11-2013

Once per auto attack/ult hit is it.

Instead of trying to increase his lifesteal try mitigating the damage he takes. When I junglewick I generally build razors - boots 1 - wits end - glacial shroud - spirit visage - merc treads/tabi - frozen heart.

Reducing the damage you take will have the same net effect as increasing your life steal with the bonus of being harder to burst down.

pumpedpenny

03-11-2013

Each of Warwick's autoattacks deal 3 / 3.5 / 4 / 4.5 / 5 / 5.5 / 6 / 6.5 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 additional magic damage and heal him for the same amount. Each successive attack against the same target will stack this amount of healing and damage up to a maximum of 3 stacks. The stacks remain for 4 seconds.

Any AA will trigger it nothing else

BeelzeBuff

03-11-2013

Muramana+Wit's End on his ult does disgusting damage

Randomocity132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHoToS999 View Post
Specifically, I was wondering about four items:

1. Wit's end: does the extra damage proc a second use of the passive, so it would double the heal?
2. Ravenous Hydra: Does it apply to everything hit by it? Also, does wit's end stack with this?
3. Sunfire Cape: Does the (near)constant damage proc the passive?
4. Thornmail: Would it essentially heal me every time they hit me with an AA?

Although, I would like to know if there's anything else that synergizes with his passive really well. I'm trying to craft a warwick that can constantly be running back and forth on the map without relying on AP to maximize his q lifesteal since he's so mana hungry.

Essentially, jungling would completely restore his health for gank opportunities while not using his q at all.

It had nothing to do with his damage dealt by passive. He just happens to heal for the same amount as the damage he'll deal with it.

To put it another way, if the enemy has 1000000 MR and you hit them, your passive might only do 1 damage, but you will still be healed the full amount. Nothing else triggers the passive; nothing else adds to it.

As far as crafting a Warwick goes, try Wriggles or early Cutlass into BoRK.

PHoToS999

03-11-2013

I was really hoping Hydra would apply it like an on hit effect. Although, do Wit's end and Hydra stack their passives?

For a build goal though, I'm really trying to make a Warwick that can be ready anywhere, anytime for any gank or even just pulling a teammate out of a hairy situation. I can only assume a warwick that seems to constantly be showing up with full health everywhere on the map would make the other team be on the defensive from a relatively early point.
Although, I usually go boots of mobility w/ homeguard for that.

Currently, my regular build is based off of nashor's tooth/wit's end, Morellonomicon, and Boots of mobility with armor/health, AP, AD or cc as it's needed.

EDIT: and thanks for all the information!
All of it has been very helpful.