I started saying "I'll fill" in every ranked game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eleven13

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichar View Post
Support is a pretty important role. Early in the game during laning support is more important than adc. I usually make my adc look like a god during laning phase but their lack of positioning skill loses us the game late game. I can *almost* carry from the support position but my influence is still greatly reduced from when I'm mid. I'm more than willing to do it, but I expect a support game to be more likely a loss.
This is the whole issue. If I have a great support, THEY make the plays for me and I can jump on their work and get kills to help us win the game later. But even if I have a bad support, I can still farm and snag a kill here or they and probably be okay.

Now lets reverse this. I am playing an awesome support with a great adc, things go great. Now I am playing support great but have a terrible ad carry. In this scenario, even with my great plays the adc isn't benefitting from them because they just aren't good players, so kills get away and now I, as a support, only have as much of an impact as my bad ad carry has.

So in summary, having a bad teammate can be okay if you're an adc, but is almost always terrible if you are the support. Supports make a good team better. They can't make a bad team good.

jimlaheysadrunk

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDudeMcDudeman View Post
"I'll fill" is solo queue for "I'll support".

i am a typical "ill fill" guy, but after losing so many games because you cant carry as support, i decided on Volibear support everygame. so far im on a 3 game winstreak with him.

At the lower silver tiers, i find that 0 cs support is not needed and its much better to play a support like voli that can scare the opposing ad and support into playing defensive, at which point i hide in the bush then do what voli does best.

at lower leagues, people should be playing a kill lane bottom. just my 2 cents. fyi im terrible at league.

Map Awareness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

I've been more upfront with the situation:

"Support."

Icathian

03-11-2013

What frustrates me is that I absolutely can get a bad adc fed in lane. My Lulu is very good, and I've played with plats who've told me so enough times to say it with confidence. At my elo I can force-feed our dumbass adc 2 or 3 kills in lane, if he's got a right-click button on his mouse. What I cannot and never will be able to do is keep him from headbutting the enemy Nasus over and over again, and throwing the lead we had coming into mid-game. That's why I won't ever support unless my adc is duo with me.

alaskaneagle

03-11-2013

I play 2 roles extremely well, top and support. I am an asset to the team in either role, but I've found most people call top because they can't play as a team, and most people call support (I've seen people call sup quite a few times) because they actually suck at the game and expect people to carry them to gold as they stand back and do nothing.

which means if if someone beats me to calling top or says "top or I feed" or "pick order, screw you I'm top" I know my odds of winning just went down to about 30%. If someone calls sup too... 15%. I've actually started dodging. I was just reporting the ones who trolled by saying "top or feed" but why stay and lose 25 LP to report when you can just leave and only lose 2

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

Support is similar to playing jungle. You can try to get the best snowballer fed, but sometimes the best scaling ally is horrible. The next option is to get the best teammate fed (the one who is playing on your level).

For example, I had a Vayne that kept tumbling into Graves buckshot+Taric stun. She fed, while mid Diana was losing her fights with Lux by 100hp every time. I go gank mid while they are fighting and turn the just-getting-by Diana into a giant-speeding-monster of death following a Pixed+slowed lux. Diana went from 0/5/3 to 22/6/8.

The last option is to be that amazing person who ignores the Adc who managed 20 cs in 8 minutes while the enemy was completely zoned. Just play carry yourself and politely explain to your team that you are doing what is in the best interest of the team winning.

As an aside, this is why I don't play all-in supports very often. It is much harder to pull off tricks when you have no range.

IndecisivePlayer

03-11-2013

I don't even say I'll fill. People just threaten to troll me if I don't support. Even if I'm first pick. We need pregame chat added to tribunal and for tribunal to be more strict. **** needs to get done. Actually, I don't say anything unless I pick something ambiguous.

It's my third favourite role. My first two? Hint, combined they're barely above my support playrate. http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23263577#profile