i hate this ranked system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thedot44

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgcy View Post
Like youre is any better lol
I didn't say mine was any good. In fact it is horrible. I am in Gold V with getting +8 for wins and I am currently not having trouble climbing out.

exKonvict

03-11-2013

No it won't take a million games. It will be similar to what it was before. If you are 1450 ish then it should take 5 more wins then losses. But this system if you win like 7-4 you will probably move up.

YoungWeedCaillou

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedot44 View Post
I didn't say mine was any good. In fact it is horrible. I am in Gold V with getting +8 for wins and I am currently not having trouble climbing out.
the point is 56% isnt bad at all and you have no idea what you're talking about

exKonvict

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedot44 View Post

If you are getting +8 for wins that means your elo is way below the gold V level. I am in Gold 2 and I get about 20-30 Lp per win.

Pharticus

03-11-2013

what a waste...wonder if dota has a better system

warriormonkey03

03-11-2013

The system hasn't changed at all. It is still almost purely elo based except now you have pretty tiers and divisions to move through. If you continue to play well you will eventually be gaining more and more LP per win and losing less LP per loss. What happened is you went on an insanely good win streak and moved up before the system felt you were ready to move up. So now it is compensating by giving you **** returns on your wins until your elo catches up with your division.

exKonvict

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriormonkey03 View Post
The system hasn't changed at all. It is still almost purely elo based except now you have pretty tiers and divisions to move through. If you continue to play well you will eventually be gaining more and more LP per win and losing less LP per loss. What happened is you went on an insanely good win streak and moved up before the system felt you were ready to move up. So now it is compensating by giving you **** returns on your wins until your elo catches up with your division.

Agreed the system still needs a bit of tweaking to smooth out this elo catching. But it is essentially the same system as before except it feels more rewarding climbing up the ladders i feel. Promotion series are funny. I have only won 3 out of 8 so far lol.

YoungWeedCaillou

03-11-2013

well apparently i won 24 now .... dafuq

Pharticus

03-11-2013

its not the same...you can do great and have a crappy team for promotion and bam...back into last bracket. The old system there isn't that setback.

Pharticus

03-11-2013

bump