"I believe the team will be looking into Akali in the following patch."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OxBaker

03-11-2013

Awesome news. Thanks RIOT!

KiyoSpirit

03-11-2013

The only thing that needs to be fixed on her is that she needs to be unstealthed as soon as she walks out of her shroud. Otherwise, she's fine.....

Qiam

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBaker View Post
Awesome news. Thanks RIOT!
You will still get sompted by her in bronze elo dont worry bud.

Aithòs

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lenny View Post
Invis is not the problem, that defines Akali is a champion. The problem is that her base damage is way too high and her energy cost is almost nonexistant compared to other comparable champions like Kennen.

For ex, you can buy Warmogs on her and still destroy squishies because of her absurd base damage. Easy fix is nerf the base damage, increase the ratio if you have to so her lategame is better. Also, increase the timer for her ult charges, this makes her less ridiculous in lane post-6 and her teamfighting remains untouched.

Akali doesn't do absurd dmg if she isn't ahead, and those charges already run out absurdly fast in teamfights. They only seem fast when you are 1v1 and she uses them all on you, she works a lot like Darius in that if she doesn't get killing blows she becomes useless really fast late game.

People just don't know how to play passively and get dunked overextending and are then stomped hard by a snowball champion. If they played her (which they obviously don't) they would see how easy it is to shut one down. I enjoy akali but I rarely take her unless I'm countering an enemy pick because she is so easy to counter. I love when the enemy locks her in first or second pick because I know I've got an easy win...

Yami No Kokoro

03-11-2013

Why does riot ALWAYS give in to the assassin QQ.

I honestly think she's fine, but if I had to do something...

I'd Just nerf her Q's base damage, and buff its ratio. I don't care if a fed deathcap/lichbane akali insta kills my carry, but when a warmogs/sunfire akali can burst down my carry no problem, that's just kinda dumb. Her Q has a base damage of 290 if set off, and for it's low cooldown/garunteed damage because of her R, that seems a bit too far. So:

Mark of the Assassin:

- Base damage nerfed to 50/70/90/110/130 (100/140/180/220/260), from 45/70/95/120/145 (90/140/190/240/290).

- AP ratio buffed to 0.45 (0.9).

Also, as many people have already stated, her W stealth is unbelievably easy to counter. It's radius is horrendously small, and if she attacks you she breaks out of it (meaning you can counter attack). AOE ****s on her, and at the same time, pinking her shroud will completely **** on her face, since she just can't pull a rengar/eve/kha'zix and run out of range of the pink. Her shroud is VERY limited in what it can do; nerfing it'll just make it close to useless.

Now, stop with the QQ.

*Edit* Also, akali needs to STAY in her shroud to get her bonus resistances. In a late game teamfight, try doing that and see how well it goes (td;lr: pinks, oracles, and you need to leave it in the end to focus down your target).

OxBaker

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiam View Post
You will still get sompted by her in bronze elo dont worry bud.
Oh don't be so butt hurt. Just smile and switch to the next free elo champ on your list.

Yami No Kokoro

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBaker View Post
Oh don't be so butt hurt. Just smile and switch to the next free elo champ on your list.
GD never ceases to amaze me.

How is an assassin with a crappy/****ty pre-6, with no hard cc (or soft cc for that matter, since her shroud is defensive), and an easily countered defensive ability (shroud, pink/oracles = can't do her job) "free elo?"

l2p, please. If anything, I find her easy as HELL to counter at top, or mid lane. Only thing that annoys me is when she roams, but she's an assassin, that's her job. Go riven/elise/diana/jax/zed or singed, and proceed to stomp her (if you're good at the game, that is).

In bronze, okay maybe. Same way Diana/Lux/Ryze/Singed and etc. are free elo there too.

Swampmajikk

03-11-2013

seriously, her invis is NOT the problem.
Its her crazy damage output.

and this has been coming since they last patched her. she just became way too strong and everyone knows it..

Unbeatabledeath

03-11-2013

lmao buy a damn PINK ward GG....seriously you guyz cant afford 125 gold for team fights?

if you want to look into someone look into HEC that super speed gank with super speed clear speed is BS.......if someone picks and akali simply counter them or buy pink its not a big deal........

Meow The Mixer

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Malevolence View Post
You.....

Do you have a functioning nervous system?
It's limited to a circle. A six hundred diameter circle.
Compare, if you will, to the vision ward with one thousand range.
Rengar can move away from such wards when invisible. As can Kha'zix. As can Evelynn.

Twilight shroud is undeniably the most counterable stealth in the game. If you think otherwise....

No, being stupid doesn't even explain that.
The range of the stealth is larger than 600 because of the .5 second delay before she is revealed after leaving it. This is one of the issues that the red said they would be looking at