How is this 2 week ban justified?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sona Swagbot

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefono View Post
Actually you do have the power to change the verdict. Even in blatant unjustified suspensions riot won't look at them, unless you get massive public support.

Really? context doesn't excuse any reaction? So if someone came up to you and starting calling you sh*t, trash, worthless, *******, following you around making fun of you... you are going to tell me that you will be persecuted for saying something back? REALLLY?
Since you cited a few things, allow me to cite the following, which fits quite nicely with your issue above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
4) That player in my game was far worse than me. Why am I banned???
a) I'll keep this one simple: retaliation isn't OK. Reacting to a toxic player by being toxic just incites that player to be even worse--it also ruins the game for up to 8 other players. It is far, far worse to watch two people yelling at each other all game than it is to watch 1 player ranting into blank space. Almost everyone in the game can find someone out there that behaves worse than they do--but so what? Finding someone worse doesn't justify your behavior or justify retaliation. We expect more out of our players. What players often don't realize is... those other players in your game that you thought were worse? Nearly 100% of the time, those players were banned even before you were. If someone is being toxic, just report them and move on. If you retaliate, both of you will be banned. It's really that simple.

Onofets

03-11-2013

If I call someone an autist, I am implying they are doing something dumb, but I found it funny and it was nice to look at. I'm playing on the word "artist", but instead of saying that was beautifully dumb i'm saying autist. I'm not offering offence to any autistic people or any mentally challenged people.

no point in arguing any points. my points won't be recognized. my main is banned because of toxic players, and white knight tribunales. If I say the occasional curse or insult in 1-2 games among hundreds of games in response to other toxic players inciting that behavior, and I get spearheaded for it i don't know what to say. Despite me wanting to interact with other players, I guess I will adopt the official policy around here: just ignore every single person that says one thing negatively that I interrupt as harass.

Sona Swagbot

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefono View Post
If I call someone an autist, I am implying they are doing something dumb, but I found it funny and it was nice to look at. I'm playing on the word "artist", but instead of saying that was beautifully dumb i'm saying autist. I'm not offering offence to any autistic people or any mentally challenged people.

no point in arguing any points. my points won't be recognized. my main is banned because of toxic players, and white knight tribunales. If I say the occasional curse or insult in 1-2 games among hundreds of games in response to other toxic players inciting that behavior, and I get spearheaded for it i don't know what to say. Despite me wanting to interact with other players, I guess I will adopt the official policy around here: just ignore every single person that says one thing negatively that I interrupt as harass so I can't defend myself.
Thats honestly the best way to handle this. It's tough for me too.

I'm not trying to be mean, but, when I say that I didn't read your backstory, it was because the people that voted on your case didn't either. I'm trying to give you feedback based on what I saw going into it just as your Tribunal judges did.

By the way, two reports out of 'hundreds' of games won't send you to Tribunal. You have to be reported in OVER 20% of your games.

My Ovary Hurts

03-11-2013

Another ridiculous case. I agree that you talked a bit too much in one or two of the games, but it was hardly worth a report, and certainly not worth a suspension. This happens to me all the time, I get trolled, and then for having an opinion about it, I get reported. This system is screwed because the people doing the reporting are the ones doing the banning! A peer evaluation system is a formula that will never work, especially one that is on the internet, and these holier-than-thou brats online can get away with anything. Basically, toe the line or get reported. And maybe sometimes people go a little over board. But with the community being how it is, its understandable. There are definitely plenty of cases that deserve punishment, but this is too much.

Sona Swagbot

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Ovary Hurts View Post
Another ridiculous case. I agree that you talked a bit too much in one or two of the games, but it was hardly worth a report, and certainly not worth a suspension. This happens to me all the time, I get trolled, and then for having an opinion about it, I get reported. This system is screwed because the people doing the reporting are the ones doing the banning! A peer evaluation system is a formula that will never work, especially one that is on the internet, and these holier-than-thou brats online can get away with anything. Basically, toe the line or get reported. And maybe sometimes people go a little over board. But with the community being how it is, its understandable. There are definitely plenty of cases that deserve punishment, but this is too much.
I'll just leave this here, one more time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
4) That player in my game was far worse than me. Why am I banned???
a) I'll keep this one simple: retaliation isn't OK. Reacting to a toxic player by being toxic just incites that player to be even worse--it also ruins the game for up to 8 other players. It is far, far worse to watch two people yelling at each other all game than it is to watch 1 player ranting into blank space. Almost everyone in the game can find someone out there that behaves worse than they do--but so what? Finding someone worse doesn't justify your behavior or justify retaliation. We expect more out of our players. What players often don't realize is... those other players in your game that you thought were worse? Nearly 100% of the time, those players were banned even before you were. If someone is being toxic, just report them and move on. If you retaliate, both of you will be banned. It's really that simple.