Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Strong Majority on Punish - I am baffled

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViscariaS

Recruiter

03-11-2013

Here's the case:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6265736/

Below are my reason for my bafflement:

Case 1: I was countered in lane, I pointed that out, I asked for help. I never once said it's anyone else's fault that I lost. I ask for more help. Team rage at me and say I am blaming other people for failing.

Case 2: I carried and won. I didn't really harass - the most I did was suggest items to Ashe and telling him to arrow. Ashe constantly call us "morons," I never descended to his level and reply like that. But I guess he report me anyway.

Case 3: Two enemies reported me...Garen, without any provocation from me, started trash talking my pick and calling me fat. Then just verbal harass me and report me. I don't get it T__T

Case 4: It's an aram game. I admit I was in a poor mood and wasn't as nice as I should have. If anything this is the one game where I behaved negatively. But the other 4 cases...?

Case 5: I dominated my lane, and proceeded to help rest of the team. We were in a good position to win. But team just throw over and over and over again. I said "you guys relaize
Nidalee [00:24:58] we can lose
Nidalee [00:25:06] they have
Nidalee [00:25:10] very snowbally champs
Nidalee [00:25:16] one big mistake gg we lose
Nidalee [00:25:19] plz play are
Nidalee [00:25:21] *care
Nidalee [00:25:23] if you wanan win"
And Taric start flaming me for being annoying. Saying I'm having a "mental breakdown." He repeatedly call me retarded and moron and idiot. And say in all chat asking everyone to report me. Why am I at fault here??

I submitted a support ticket, and the support agent simply said that the tribunal system is working as intended and that I should just talk about it on the forum. So here I am. Help me out guys.

KineticSkink

03-11-2013

You just never stop whining at your team mates. It just goes on and on and on.

LargeSnorlax

03-11-2013

Oh hey, it's you.

Gonna check this out, since I've played some games with you.

#1 - You probably could've just ignored your teammates crying - I would've after the first part. You end up spending most of the game talking back and forth to your teammates about getting countered and stuff. Personally, I would've just played the game and concentrated instead of listening and trying to justify exactly what happened.

#2 - Were ok for most of the game, then started complaining in /all constantly about taric, how the enemy team had the better AD, and started yelling at Ashe for her build and telling her to arrow and whatnot. Mild stuff, no reason to do it though.

#3 - You yelled at garen and the enemy team for the entire game in all chat - The enemy team reported you - What'd you expect with this one?

#4 - What's with this one? You spammed half the game and harassed ashe the other half, because what, of her starting items? In an aram? Why? Come on..

#5 - You spend the majority of this game telling people that you lost - Your teammates try to tell you to shut up, but you keep saying you lost, you lost, you told them, they lost.. too cocky, they lost. I dunno. When you say "Nidalee [00:52:40] gg cocky as **** taric you don't deserve it" what do you think's going to happen?

I dunno. I honestly wanted to root for you on this one, but I didn't get any reason to besides Game 2 and maybe 1 - The last 3 games are really punishable. At least you got off with just a warning.

Getsuei

03-11-2013

Quote:
KineticSkink:
You just never stop whining at your team mates. It just goes on and on and on.

To be more correct, you have an extremely negative attitude in the first game. The second game isn't as bad, but you are still pretty negative. 3rd game seemed to be pretty trolly, so I wouldn't judge on that one(personal opinion.) 4th game, spamming and talking trash about your Ashe.

5th game, it was just so so until the last few lines:

Quote:
Nidalee [00:52:40] gg cocky as **** taric you don't deserve it

But I would have punished on the first game alone.

ViscariaS

Recruiter

03-11-2013

I never said "I lost" the fifth game. I completely won my lane and I was trying to win the game. My team keep throwing when I warn them a million times that enemy team can win. I try to back ping but no one listen. It came to the point that we should have lost if the enemy didn't throw, all because Taric keep going in 1v3. He's been abusing me entire game, and I'm the one at fault here for talking back to him ONCE?

ViscariaS

Recruiter

03-11-2013

Quote:
LargeSnorlax:
Oh hey, it's you.

Gonna check this out, since I've played some games with you.

#1 - You probably could've just ignored your teammates crying - I would've after the first part. You end up spending most of the game talking back and forth to your teammates about getting countered and stuff. Personally, I would've just played the game and concentrated instead of listening and trying to justify exactly what happened.

#2 - Were ok for most of the game, then started complaining in /all constantly about taric, how the enemy team had the better AD, and started yelling at Ashe for her build and telling her to arrow and whatnot. Mild stuff, no reason to do it though.

#3 - You yelled at garen and the enemy team for the entire game in all chat - The enemy team reported you - What'd you expect with this one?

#4 - What's with this one? You spammed half the game and harassed ashe the other half, because what, of her starting items? In an aram? Why? Come on..

#5 - You spend the majority of this game telling people that you lost - Your teammates try to tell you to shut up, but you keep saying you lost, you lost, you told them, they lost.. too cocky, they lost. I dunno. When you say "Nidalee [00:52:40] gg cocky as **** taric you don't deserve it" what do you think's going to happen?

I dunno. I honestly wanted to root for you on this one, but I didn't get any reason to besides Game 2 and maybe 1 - The last 3 games are really punishable. At least you got off with just a warning.

The Garen started harassing me for no reason, and personal insults and all in all chat. Why is that my fault that I get reported T_T

InmoniXian

03-11-2013

Because people report people they don't want to play with. If they go over your case, and you come across as someone who would be a nightmare to play with, they are going to punish you for acting in a toxic negative manner. Here's a quote

"2) I only have 1 bad game in my Tribunal Reform Card, why am I banned???
a) The Tribunal verdict is not based on a 'majority' rule; there is also no requirement that all games have to be toxic for it to warrant a suspension. Depending on the case, sometimes 1 game is all that is needed to show that the player deserves a suspension. To Tribunal reviewers, decisions like these are up to you. When you view a Tribunal case, the questions you should ask yourselves are, "Is this player's behavior appropriate in League of Legends?" and "Would I want to play with this player?""

You can see that, Negative behavior and coming across as a pain in the ass are not qualities people think are appropriate for lol and they certainly would not want to play with a person like that.

My honest advice chap, stop looking for excuses and just quit it with the attitude. That is all you have to do , no one is saying you are a horrible person or that you should have your dog kicked, simply that acting the way you are, people are not going to want to play with you. This is fully within your power to change. Just do your time banned and use it to reflect.

Minstrel13

03-11-2013

Quote:
ViscariaS:
The Garen started harassing me for no reason, and personal insults and all in all chat. Why is that my fault that I get reported T_T

Because you retaliated and sunk to his level. Now 8 other people have to see two people filling up /all chat with drivel, instead of nine people watching one person make an idiot out of themselves. If an enemy is harassing you, mute them and report them after the game Do both of these things quietly. Telling anyone, teammate or enemy, that you are going to mute them or report them NEVER has a positive effect on the game. It also encourages them to report you in retaliation.

And why is enemy chat enabled in the first place? There is nothing that an enemy has to say to you that you want or need to hear. If the enemy speaks in /all, it is either to trash talk or to complain about his own team in order to get you to report them.

LargeSnorlax

03-11-2013

Quote:
ViscariaS:

This is how that game started..

Garen [All] [00:02:50] ad nid wtf
Garen [All] [00:02:53] who plays that ****
Garen [All] [00:03:08] u fat boy?
Nidalee [All] [00:03:14] reported
Shyvana [All] [00:03:23] reporetd for saying reported thats harras
Garen [All] [00:03:23] reported in game?
Garen [All] [00:03:25] how u do that
Nidalee [00:05:05] shoot no summoner
Nidalee [00:05:05] fml
Garen [All] [00:05:14] so greedy
Nidalee [All] [00:05:19] you are so rude. for no reason
Nidalee [All] [00:05:21] enjoy ban
Shyvana [All] [00:05:27] this nidalee
Shyvana [All] [00:05:29] is so angsty
Shyvana [All] [00:05:32] jjust relax and play
Nidalee [All] [00:05:35] nah. it's a game
Nidalee [All] [00:05:37] i just wanna play my game
Nidalee [All] [00:05:43] and ppl just trash talk for no reason. real pro
Shyvana [All] [00:05:44] turn all chat off

Shyvanna's right, by the by. If some random garen is harassing you in all, it's to get under your skin and irritate you. At this point I would've just muted garen, or at least stopped talking to him..

You yak with him and about him the rest of the game, everyone in the game points it out, and you constantly tell him he's getting reported/banned in chat. Why? Just play the game..Who cares if some dumb guy you're beating is trying to smacktalk?

Keonyn

03-11-2013

There's really almost no purpose to even having all chat on. There's almost no reason you should be communicating with the enemy team, and all it does is open up an avenue for you to be trolled be d-bags. Maybe once in a blue moon something positive comes out of /all, but 99.9% of the time there's nothing there but garbage (and much of it banworthy).