Vayne is built to be a fantastic top laner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doct0r Phil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterKaras View Post
WHO THE **** LVLS W FIRST AS VAYNE?

You lvl E first so that you can always escape a gap closer/gank, she has 2 escapes, letting her E the jungle and Q back to her tower, but GD is bad and will never thing of things outside of "OMFG ADC TOP NOOB"
Look, I personally feel that she CAN top effectively.

The way you posted this argument though tends to validate other's viewpoints on this topic. Sarcasm, condescention, and CAPS usually doesn't help make a point.

True Sketch

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterKaras View Post
WHO THE **** LVLS W FIRST AS VAYNE?

You lvl E first so that you can always escape a gap closer/gank, she has 2 escapes, letting her E the jungle and Q back to her tower, but GD is bad and will never think of things outside of "OMFG ADC TOP NOOB"
Don't level E dear lord

McDouggal

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTruExSketch View Post
Don't level E dear lord
Dammit, hit the wrong button. Meant to upvote. Sorry.

True Sketch

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
I was really wondering who was thinking otherwise XD

No worries.

Nicodemous

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTruExSketch View Post
She has two gap creators

She can't be countered by armor

She's RANGED

She snowballs in lane when she gets a kill

She'll most likely be facing melee and can choose to close the gap whenever she pleases with her passive

Good Vaynes are difficult to tower dive

Her farm matters more against her enemy laner due to her hyper carry late game

So why not take her top?

"LAWDY LORD BUTT THE ADC GOES BOT Y UR CHANGIN THNIGS"

....Haven't we seen double bruiser bottom just recently? There are so many combos in bottom lane that could work if you really didn't want another ADC.

Build Vayne like Irelia. It works try it!

Oh and if you're having Deja V this is why: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...stic+top+laner

Okay seriously, this logic is flawed guys.

So they can close the gap. You can immediately create a gap. Two if you really want to and then AA them until they have to retreat behind minions.

What is this thought process? You don't instantly die when the gap is closed (unless it's LB)

Anecdotal evidence eh? Always accurate I'm sure.

"Cheesewheel" is very mana intensive for Malphite. Did you not get HP potions? Eventually he will run out of the mana necessary to kill you.

Obviously not every lane match-up is going to work out with Vayne. I'm seeing a lot of people just throwing out counters. Every champion has a soft counter (some harder than most)
Well, if I apply your same methodology and kind of thinking to say, Varus... by all rights, he should be the best as/on hit or hybrid champ in the game. Seriously, everything about him is designed to synergize with either an on hit build or a hybrid build... yet it it simply doesn't work well. Things that appear to be on paper, in theory, that should work do not always work. Just sayin' if you afford not the principle of charity to this chaps logic, why should it be extended to yours?

Doct0r Phil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

Ok, for those out there who simply post 1 thing to "make their point".....this game rarely works that way AND it's a poor way to continue a discussion/make a valid argument.

Please stop saying something like,

-"One 'x' ability and she's dead"
-"One 'x' item and it's gg"
-"She belongs in bot with a support"
-"One successful gank and it's gg"

We all know that top lane is incredibly snowbally. I can make valid arguments FOR vayne using every one of those arguments. That's why this game has so much counter play and offers SO many oppurtunities for changes in the meta.

Also, you aren't taking in individual skill here. If Doublelift (or name some other pro at adc) played top Vayne. That person would crush almost every person in this thread. Skills DO matter as well.

I've been playing AP Nunu top and am crushing people (and ticking them off). Yes, he's not the "best" option. Yes, he can be beat. BUT, until someone does it (and btw, very few have), My point of saying this is that sometimes a "new thing" will throw people into chaos.

Besides, it's amazing how people appear so much against this working. In your heart of hearts, bot lane would be so fun as a kill lane again (many people seem to think so). ADC top allows for so many fun options in the bottom lane.

Ansaa

03-11-2013

She does a great job against Cho'gath I hear.

His Q will never hit you. Just tumble out of it every time; practice in bot games, you'll see exactly what I mean.

His Feral Scream means he needs to be in melee range: You're constantly tumbling out of Rupture, so he won't close the distance. If by some means he does, Condemn him away. The only issue here is flash+Feral Scream+Rupture+Feast... Still though, if he needs to burn a flash every time he wants to get to you, I'd say its worth it.

Slide

03-11-2013

Vayne is great top if you can manage 1 thing.

If you are fast enough to cast condemn on a champion in the process of gap closing to you, you will win. I keep seeing people say Jax and Wukong. Both of them can be condemned in mid air during their gap close. You then have 2 choices. Run or continue to try and engage. Run means she gets an auto off and maybe even the follow up tumble to proc silver bolts. Fight means she DEFINITELY gets silver bolts off and is going to open up enough room for a third AA with tumble. condemn, 2 autos, a tumble and a suilver bolts proc. That is a LOT of damage to east as a bruiser before ever getting to your target. Heaven forbid she has summoners up.

Top lane is a lane of countering. Yes she will have some counters (but not Jax and Wukong) as every champion does. That doesnt mean she is no good top.

Alaerga

03-11-2013

I only once played Vayne top, because we had a stupid team comp because one of us decided to say "ADC" 2 seconds before the thing autolocked us all, we had

Rammus top, Kat mid, Vayne bot, Teemo bot and Rengar in the jungle.

By minute their top had 5 kills already against our Rammus, I decided to ask him to switch lanes with me, since 2 Ranged squishy champs were doing close to nothing against Cailtyn + Volibear in bot

In less than 10 minutes I managed to kill Riven 3 times and gank mid. Vayne is a good top, in certain circumstances and only against a few champs I guess.

Ansaa

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
I upvoted it for you!