Vayne is built to be a fantastic top laner

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelly Price

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTruExSketch View Post
Think of it this way -

If you are totally losing your lane, your bottom comp should be able to completely deny the enemy AD carry without fear of jungler intervention and utilizing our own jungler to help. It'd be like trading our late game for a strong mid game since our double bruisers should theoretically dominate. Then if our mid game fails still, a late game Vayne is always relevant. It's like a back up plan.
Whenever someone wants to go double bruiser, the enemy Draven/Leona just destroys them. :\

My experience

True Sketch

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borkcire View Post
Every time I've seen a Vayne top she lost horribly. It's just that she doesn't have good base stats to survive top lane.

Let's say she goes against someone like Renekton, or Wukong, or Jax, who are commonplace in top. She won't even be able to survive passive farming.
Wukong is tough, you're right.

But Renekton and Jax are easy to deal with.

Jax jumps on you? Tumble backwards and stutter step AA'ing until he turns around and then chase him until his CD is done on Q. Same thing with Renekton except for he's way easier. You can harass him from the side of the lane so he can't get a double dash. If he can't get close, you can constantly AA and harass with W procs. I RARELY use E as a simple knockback. Normally it is used for the stun portion.

I am assuming people know how to kite. If you don't, don't play Vayne top.

True Sketch

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Price View Post
Whenever someone wants to go double bruiser, the enemy Draven/Leona just destroys them. :\

My experience
It all boils down to player skill and experience.

True Sketch

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epheo View Post
while the logic is good, vayne has an incredibly weak early game, where bruisers tend to have stronger early games. has to attack 3 times to get the true damage...kinda sucks against enemies who build tanky and retain most of their damage.
It is ridiculously easy to get those 3 hits in.

Gunxlinger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

Too squishy for top lane. Proper gank = death

True Sketch

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunxlinger View Post
Too squishy for top lane. Proper gank = death
What about a proper escape? Doesn't that counter the proper gank?

IUDream

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTruExSketch View Post
Wukong is tough, you're right.

But Renekton and Jax are easy to deal with.

Jax jumps on you? Tumble backwards and stutter step AA'ing until he turns around and then chase him until his CD is done on Q. Same thing with Renekton except for he's way easier. You can harass him from the side of the lane so he can't get a double dash. If he can't get close, you can constantly AA and harass with W procs. I RARELY use E as a simple knockback. Normally it is used for the stun portion.

I am assuming people know how to kite. If you don't, don't play Vayne top.
What person would jump on you knowing you have Q and E up as Vayne?
They're playing stupid if they do.

The only problem I see with a Vayne top is her base stat. She's extremely squishy early game, and any champ that can do some early game harass can deny her farm. .
Fiora can counter Vayne top since a) she doesn't build tanky, so there goes your W argument, b) has Riposte, and c) has a double gap closer with her lunge
Yorick just dominates top lane. Vayne has to deal with ranged harass and infinite sustain after tear.
Cho, if he can land a single Q or W, can wipe out Vayne
A lot of other champs can deal with a top Vayne.

Deshawn

03-10-2013

I think The Rain Man has been over this subject. It's pretty strong but you gotta have some smooooth mechanics.

The biggest problem is most top laners are built to dive adc's and take them out of fights.

Which is what Vayne is. Building her tank/as isn't horrible, seen a diamond ranked friend do it quite well quite often.

Coom

03-10-2013

aaaaaAMEN SISTA!

Doctor Swole

03-10-2013

too situational of a top. also weak against most tops with gap closers.

1234567 ... 11