Vayne is built to be a fantastic top laner

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

True Sketch

Senior Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by some furry View Post
Part of the reason bruisers go top is 1) they have sustain so they can stay in lane forever and farm and 2) they can live through a jungle gank

if any jungler just camps vayne she's useless and your double bruiser bot isn't going to outscale their ad carry

of course that's just theorycrafting. what solo queue jungler actually camps an important lane, lol
If you're not an idiot you have a ward in your bush and that jungler is wasting their time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epheo

Senior Member

03-10-2013

while the logic is good, vayne has an incredibly weak early game, where bruisers tend to have stronger early games. has to attack 3 times to get the true damage...kinda sucks against enemies who build tanky and retain most of their damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

some furry

Senior Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTruExSketch View Post
If you're not an idiot you have a ward in your bush and that jungler is wasting their time.
bush ganks aren't the only way to gank someone ^^

at the same time, as long as you're not farming because you're too afraid to go out into the lane, that's time well spent. cuz you're vayne. at least their jungler is probably tanky with no items


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelly Price

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTruExSketch View Post
I've done it and it works. If you want to be more of a "bruiser" vayne I would roll these but I just build her as a normal carry top lane too with the exception of Flask/1 hp pot/ward at the start.
Well, good ideas. I'll probably try this out sometime - thank you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

True Sketch

Senior Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by some furry View Post
Part of the reason bruisers go top is 1) they have sustain so they can stay in lane forever and farm and 2) they can live through a jungle gank

if any jungler just camps vayne she's useless and your double bruiser bot isn't going to outscale their ad carry

of course that's just theorycrafting. what solo queue jungler actually camps an important lane, lol
When you are rushing BotRK and have a flask to start, your sustain is fine.

Double bruiser should (theoretically) dominate their lane. If your lane is frozen at their tower and the jungler is camping, yeah I would opt for a switch. Flexibility never killed anybody.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

True Sketch

Senior Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokÝ View Post
She can peel for herself, does % damage and with a bork she could zone and destroy most tops. Dunno if it would actually work though.
lol it does. At least for me.

Ironically she is really good vsing Renekton top. It's pretty awesome.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xtractor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-10-2013

any decent bruiser with a gap closer will bait her E and then continue to rape her regardless.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kat Commander

Senior Member

03-10-2013

It can work occasionally as cheese, but if your opponents know what they're doing, it will be a very easy win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borkcire

Senior Member

03-10-2013

Every time I've seen a Vayne top she lost horribly. It's just that she doesn't have good base stats to survive top lane.

Let's say she goes against someone like Renekton, or Wukong, or Jax, who are commonplace in top. She won't even be able to survive passive farming.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

True Sketch

Senior Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by some furry View Post
bush ganks aren't the only way to gank someone ^^

at the same time, as long as you're not farming because you're too afraid to go out into the lane, that's time well spent. cuz you're vayne. at least their jungler is probably tanky with no items
Think of it this way -

If you are totally losing your lane, your bottom comp should be able to completely deny the enemy AD carry without fear of jungler intervention and utilizing our own jungler to help. It'd be like trading our late game for a strong mid game since our double bruisers should theoretically dominate. Then if our mid game fails still, a late game Vayne is always relevant. It's like a back up plan.


123456 ... 11