Vayne is built to be a fantastic top laner

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

True Sketch

03-10-2013

Edit: Apparently voyboy plays her top and everyone is saying I am copying him but guess what? Not every single LoL player watches pro streams all day every day.

She has two gap creators

She can't be countered by armor

She's RANGED

She snowballs in lane when she gets a kill

She'll most likely be facing melee and can choose to close the gap whenever she pleases with her passive

Good Vaynes are difficult to tower dive

Her farm matters more against her enemy laner due to her hyper carry late game

So why not take her top?

"LAWDY LORD BUTT THE ADC GOES BOT Y UR CHANGIN THNIGS"

....Haven't we seen double bruiser bottom just recently? There are so many combos in bottom lane that could work if you really didn't want another ADC.

Build Vayne like Irelia. It works try it!

Oh and if you're having Deja V this is why: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...stic+top+laner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachuux3 View Post
Because anyone with a gap closer can screw her over.
Okay seriously, this logic is flawed guys.

So they can close the gap. You can immediately create a gap. Two if you really want to and then AA them until they have to retreat behind minions.

What is this thought process? You don't instantly die when the gap is closed (unless it's LB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YT Megan Nicole View Post
Didn't read thread, but I played Vayne top once (for fun in normals, so I can't comment on the tryhard level in this match on either team...probably real low).

Malphite cheese wheeled me all day long and dove me at level 3. THREE.

Instead of farming minions, he farmed ME until he got strong enough to the point that he could farm both me AND champions safely.

Edit - I can also smell the noob comments before they hit, so let me add some more details. Malphite gave up farm, but not exp, by backing the **** up every time I tried to auto him. His passive kept coming up, so whatever harass I could get in without chasing him across the lane was heavily nullified. Cheesewheel's range is 625..my auto range is 550. Cheesewheel HURTS.

tl;dr - Vayne bot good. Vayne top icky.
Anecdotal evidence eh? Always accurate I'm sure.

"Cheesewheel" is very mana intensive for Malphite. Did you not get HP potions? Eventually he will run out of the mana necessary to kill you.

Obviously not every lane match-up is going to work out with Vayne. I'm seeing a lot of people just throwing out counters. Every champion has a soft counter (some harder than most)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F r View Post
Voyboy watcher here. But seriously, both Quinn and Vayne are pretty good top laners, but you need more tankiness in your jungler/support to pull these off.
Has Voyboy been playing her top? I wouldn't be surprised. Hasn't he played every champion top so technically everyone could be a potential "Voyboy watcher"?

Anyways, I played her top from the start. It made too much sense at the time. When my team doesn't want to give me top I settle for ADC bot which (in my experience) works out for the worse.

But maybe I get unlucky with my supports.

Pikachuux3

03-10-2013

Maha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

I just played a random game as Vayne Mid. Season 1 Giggles were had.

EDIT: To those saying "sustaaaaaaaain" buy lifesteal, run lifesteal quints, etc. Seriously, she can sustain quite well, AD's with Life Steal are ridiculously hard to kick of lane 1v1 (occasional ganks included) That Mid Vayne game I just played I was vs Vlad. I rushed a Vamp Scepter, and until he had Seekers + Revovler I OUT TRADED HIM. I could sustain easier (even at level 4+ Transfusion.)

Kelly Price

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

Build Vayne like Irelia...

Trinity Force + Wit's End?

Oseoros

03-10-2013

Sivir top seems fun too, although likely never as good

some furry

03-10-2013

Part of the reason bruisers go top is 1) they have sustain so they can stay in lane forever and farm and 2) they can live through a jungle gank

if any jungler just camps vayne she's useless and your double bruiser bot isn't going to outscale their ad carry

of course that's just theorycrafting. what solo queue jungler actually camps an important lane, lol

True Sketch

03-10-2013

Quote:
Okay seriously, this logic is flawed guys.

So they can close the gap. You can immediately create a gap. Two if you really want to and then AA them until they have to retreat behind minions.

What is this thought process? You don't instantly die when the gap is closed (unless it's LB)

AIexanderNW

03-10-2013

Vayne top is only good as long as you are vsing there another hipster who plays Quinn or Sivir

LSA

03-10-2013

Quote:
She can peel for herself, does % damage and with a bork she could zone and destroy most tops. Dunno if it would actually work though.

True Sketch

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Price View Post
Build Vayne like Irelia...

Trinity Force + Wit's End?
I've done it and it works. If you want to be more of a "bruiser" vayne I would roll these but I just build her as a normal carry top lane too with the exception of Flask/1 hp pot/ward at the start.

12345 ... 11