Ban time decay?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AaronBarons

03-10-2013

So, my buddy has been banned for the second 2 week ban time about 3 weeks ago. Prior to that he stayed out of a ban for 10 weeks-12weeks. However, the ban was still the same. Can someone explain how long it takes for 2 week bans to decay to 1 week or even lower? He hasn't found an answer or anyone who actually had decay in ban times. Thanks!

Shelzin

03-10-2013

Nobody knows. Riot doesn't share that info. I can tell you that from what I've seen and heard it's longer than or at least 6 months for a step in the ban to degrade. But it's *my* speculation.

powerbats

03-10-2013

The higher the penalty level the long er the decay and the same for Leaverbuster, Riots been pretty vague about it to avoid exploiting.

Generally if your on a warning it might be around a few weeks between tribunal cases getting you punished to escalate, whereas the 2 week ban might be anywhere between 3-6 months depending on how close to other penalties as well as how much you've improved.

Riot has stated that on occasion they've given another 2 week ban or 1 week ban without going to the next step if the person is making improvements.

Don't use my numbers as anything more than a WAG.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

Sounds like it did decay, actually. Otherwise he'd likely have gotten a perma. Possible that riot manually downgraded it to 2 weeks though.

Trazier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

I got a warning, then a 7 day ban (Skipped right over 3 day), and then nothing.

A year or so later I got a warning, so, yeah. A year or more i'd say.