Worth a permaban?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Getsuei

Senior Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbazo View Post
I'll mark my calender
Riot just ensured you have something to do when xmas eve hits =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KineticSkink

Senior Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbazo View Post
Just seems like majority is pretty loose with punishment. To punish the vote is 3-2, and I was reported by 8 people from 5 games, that's 8 out of 45 people didn't like my attitude.

I agree, I was a bit of a dick, just don't think that's worth a perma, with all the money I've put onto that account (not saying paying players don't deserve to be punished, just feels like a waste)

3-2 Vote for punishment isn't fair considering games can't end without a 4-1 vote, why is stopping a game far more important than someone else's account.
Riot has previous indicated there are up to about 1000 votes on each case and while they can vary the exact punish percent of votes needed depending on the current state of the game, it tends to hover around 70 - 80%

On top of this all permabans are done by Riot staff. For a permaban the punish vote only gets your case viewed by Riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbazo View Post
Just seems like majority is pretty loose with punishment. To punish the vote is 3-2, and I was reported by 8 people from 5 games, that's 8 out of 45 people didn't like my attitude.

I agree, I was a bit of a dick, just don't think that's worth a perma, with all the money I've put onto that account (not saying paying players don't deserve to be punished, just feels like a waste)

3-2 Vote for punishment isn't fair considering games can't end without a 4-1 vote, why is stopping a game far more important than someone else's account.
You keep saying 3-2. Do you really think that only 5 people voted on your case? Or more realistically, do you really think the cut off for being punished is 50.01% punish votes?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mumbazo

Junior Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticSkink View Post
Riot has previous indicated there are up to about 1000 votes on each case and while they can vary the exact punish percent of votes needed depending on the current state of the game, it tends to hover around 70 - 80%

On top of this all permabans are done by Riot staff. For a permaban the punish vote only gets your case viewed by Riot.
1000 votes, I HIGHLY doubt that, I wouldn't think more than 10. There are 3 categories for majority: Majority, Strong Majority and Overwhelming Majority, assuming they're evenly split puts majority at 50-66% still a low amount of consensus to end someones account, seeing that games require 80% majority to forfeit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KineticSkink

Senior Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbazo View Post
1000 votes, I HIGHLY doubt that, I wouldn't think more than 10. There are 3 categories for majority: Majority, Strong Majority and Overwhelming Majority, assuming they're evenly split puts majority at 50-66% still a low amount of consensus to end someones account, seeing that games require 80% majority to forfeit.
The figures I stated have been those post by Riot and Lyte.

You are essentially inventing numbers to support your point of veiw. Why can't 70-80 be Majority, 80-90 being Strong Majority etc

This would more closely match what has been state previously be Riot employees.

Again this only put your case in front of a Riot employee. They then decided you qualified for a permanent ban


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shelzin

Senior Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbazo View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6272755/

Is that really worth being banned from LoL forever?
Why ask us? That's a question you should be directing toward yourself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trazier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticSkink View Post
On top of this all permabans are done by Riot staff. For a permaban the punish vote only gets your case viewed by Riot.

But seeing as how they have a carbon copied e-mail to send to everyone about everything, I imagine the 1 or 2 people at riot who's job it is to approve permabans just sit there mashing the 'punish' button just like all the trollbunal users do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kieshwa

Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticSkink View Post
The figures I stated have been those post by Riot and Lyte.

You are essentially inventing numbers to support your point of veiw. Why can't 70-80 be Majority, 80-90 being Strong Majority etc

This would more closely match what has been state previously be Riot employees.

Again this only put your case in front of a Riot employee. They then decided you qualified for a permanent ban
What region would be 50-70% then minority? That makes sense.

I never cursed at anyone, I called them out for playing bad.

Oh well, time to do what most people do when they get banned, make an army of smurf accounts and troll the hell out of this game!


12