Worth a permaban?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mumbazo

03-10-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6272755/

Is that really worth being banned from LoL forever?

Mumbazo

03-10-2013

I'm also curious to know why Riot thinks that banning someones account can come down to a 3-2 vote, but ending a session of a game MUST be a 4-1 vote.

Elanorien

03-10-2013

That case is punish worthy, and as it's apparently the account's fifth offense, then yes, deserving of Perma. Sec, I'll link something I just typed up for someone else who didn't understand how the system works.

Elanorien

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanorien View Post
Lets break it down in a nutshell, shall we?

To find yourself in the Tribunal you need to be reported in about 15%-20% of your games, whereas the average player is only reported in about 1%. Once escalated to the Tribunal, a random sampling of games you were recently reported in is presented to voters. So even though we're only seeing those 4 games, you were reported far more often than that (since your last punishment). Now, within that sampling, if you were perfectly innocent in one game, and it truly was a false report...you were still guilty in 3 others. Being nice doesn't give you license to be an ass hole. If you were guilty in ONE game and innocent in the other 3, that is still Punish worthy.

As for the escalation of punishments, the duration is not determined by the severity of your offense, it is determined by how often you've been punished already. First time = warning, second = 3 day suspension, third = 1 week suspension, fourth = 2 weeks, fifth = Permaban. You have shown you either can not or will not take responsibility for your behavior and change your ways, you were given 4 chances to do so. And when an account does reach that final stage, the Perma, even if every single voter who sees your case votes Punish, you still will not be Permabanned until Riot personally audits your account, both the cases in the Tribunal Case, the cases voters didn't see, and even pre and post game chat and all the other data they have access too. After having thoroughly analyzed your behavior and pattern, only then do they go through with the Permaban. They've already reviewed your case, they've already decided it was Perma worthy, appeal all you want, but you stand a very small chance of success.

To sum it up, Kianz11, you were not Permabanned for Game 4, you were Permabanned for a long and consistent history of toxicity and negativity.
Obviously, the last sentence doesn't apply specifically, but the concept is the same.

Edit: In re-reading a couple sentences don't apply to this specifically, but, you get the point.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

Yes, you was negative in a majority of your games and a dick.

powerbats

03-10-2013

Yes, after not changing despite being given chances from previous bans Riot felt you weren't going to reform so they looked over every case in your file and perma banned you.

Game 1 You start insulting your team at the 5 minute mark and continue, not really needed if you have an issue ignore them and move on.

Game 2 You go afk at the 15 minute mark or so and when asked admit it and tell them go ahead and report you because it won't do anything which obviously you know it will and are hoping they won't.

Game 3 You start insulting your team again then say your done and once again afk and say your tabbing in and out so as not to get nailed.

Game 4 Your fine, but once again you say your done and it would fit a pattern of afking when things don't go well.

Game 5 Your fine again, so 3-5 out of 5 games you were highly negative and afk'ed in game.

Now as for the possible responses you might come up with.

1,2,4 relate to your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Lately, I've been receiving a lot of e-mails about the same questions and complaints about the Tribunal. I'm working with WookieCookie, RiotSeb and statuskwoh to add these to the Tribunal FAQs but we would love to discuss them here first.

1) What's the point of having a language filter if I can get banned for 'adult' language?
a) We aren't out to punish players who use adult language; in fact, very few players are ever banned for saying stuff like "f***, I missed that skill shot" or "damn, f***ing close game!" However, the language filter is not an excuse to verbally abuse someone in the game. When you verbally abuse or harass someone by calling them "f***ing ******" or "n*gger noob", that's when you've crossed the line and will be punished by the Tribunal. I've said this before and I'll say it again, we aren't trying to clean online games of adult language; we're trying to reform or get rid of jerks who like to verbally abuse and harass other players.

2) I only have 1 bad game in my Tribunal Reform Card, why am I banned???
a) The Tribunal verdict is not based on a 'majority' rule; there is also no requirement that all games have to be toxic for it to warrant a suspension. Depending on the case, sometimes 1 game is all that is needed to show that the player deserves a suspension. To Tribunal reviewers, decisions like these are up to you. When you view a Tribunal case, the questions you should ask yourselves are, "Is this player's behavior appropriate in League of Legends?" and "Would I want to play with this player?"

4) That player in my game was far worse than me. Why am I banned???
a) I'll keep this one simple: retaliation isn't OK. Reacting to a toxic player by being toxic just incites that player to be even worse--it also ruins the game for up to 8 other players. It is far, far worse to watch two people yelling at each other all game than it is to watch 1 player ranting into blank space. Almost everyone in the game can find someone out there that behaves worse than they do--but so what? Finding someone worse doesn't justify your behavior or justify retaliation. We expect more out of our players. What players often don't realize is... those other players in your game that you thought were worse? Nearly 100% of the time, those players were banned even before you were. If someone is being toxic, just report them and move on. If you retaliate, both of you will be banned. It's really that simple.
Hopefully you'll decide that if you want to continue playing you avoid the types of behavior that got you into trouble. If you act like you did in the 2 games you were fine in then you'll be good.

Keonyn

03-10-2013

Was this alone worthy of a permaban? No. But here's the thing, this case alone is not what issued the permaban. To get a permaban you have to have been banned multiple times already, and they look at your whole game history when issuing a permaban. So this case, in conjunction with all reported games and past offenses is worthy of a permaban.

Bans aren't just vacations where you do your time and then come back and continue the toxic behavior. They're a warning, and if you refuse to learn from them and heed the warning then you're going to keep getting banned and eventually permabanned. I don't get why people continue to think that if they only constantly act like a jerk and just don't go way over the line that they'll never deserve a permaban. It doesn't work that way.

Mumbazo

03-10-2013

Just seems like majority is pretty loose with punishment. To punish the vote is 3-2, and I was reported by 8 people from 5 games, that's 8 out of 45 people didn't like my attitude.

I agree, I was a bit of a dick, just don't think that's worth a perma, with all the money I've put onto that account (not saying paying players don't deserve to be punished, just feels like a waste)

3-2 Vote for punishment isn't fair considering games can't end without a 4-1 vote, why is stopping a game far more important than someone else's account.

Fanaticmogg

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbazo View Post
Just seems like majority is pretty loose with punishment. To punish the vote is 3-2, and I was reported by 8 people from 5 games, that's 8 out of 45 people didn't like my attitude.

I agree, I was a bit of a dick, just don't think that's worth a perma, with all the money I've put onto that account (not saying paying players don't deserve to be punished, just feels like a waste)

3-2 Vote for punishment isn't fair considering games can't end without a 4-1 vote, why is stopping a game far more important than someone else's account.
I think you underestimate the number of Punish votes needed to punish a case.

Nobody outside of Riot knows for sure, but it's generally believed to actually be much higher than 50%.

Mumbazo

03-10-2013

I'll mark my calender