I need a good champion to carry with!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trey Bacardi

03-10-2013

I am stuck in Bronze 2, and I am willing to do all the work it requires to rise up the ranks!

My background in RTS' consist of extensive Starcraft experience. Being in Masters league with 150 APM in Starcraft 2, I come to League of Legends and I feel like many of the champions inhibit my playing power. In short, I want someone that I can spam skills with and be on constant movement, someone that can help me utilize my full speed.

I communicate with my team and I think I can do much better, but I usually have to swallow the pill and play support. (Maybe there is a good surefire way to play better at support to keep us alive?)

Help would be appreciated, I genuinely want to improve.

Míley Dyrus

03-10-2013

You can easily carry by playing support, especially since your average player hates it. By giving your team a support who actually knows how to play his role and enjoys it, your odds at winning shoot up drastically.
Want proof? Look at Taric and Janna's winrates.

Arwein

03-10-2013

Sona's, and/or Nami's R are the most annoying things you can ever come across. When landed properly, either to engage or to disengage, you are most likely going to win your teamfight – especially, Nami's skills since she can taunt a group of people and then just walk near enough to bubble prison their adc or apc for long enough to get them down.

If picking ADC, though, my two favourite picks would be Varus due to his insane ultimate, Q range and passive skills along with Ashe, again, due to her CC.

Azellos

03-10-2013

I feel like your asking two things: who can i carry with, and whose more micro-intensive (ala SC2). I'll try to give you an idea of champs who are genearlly in both pools, but remember: you can't carry as a support. Having said that, a great support wins games, because at your league-level, people lose by being dumb at this game- not at their champions. So be their brains...

Support: I reccomend Lulu, she's actually super fun to play IMO, and she's one of the most self-sufficient supports in the game. Also her poke is godly, if you learn to be good with her you can make any AD carry fear his lane.

AD carry: I'd reccomend either draven or Ezreal. They're both solid champs and relatively micro-intensive as far as AD carries go, especially Draven since you have to be really good at multi-tasking and moving from axe to auto, axe to auto, etc. That being said, Draven's damage is some of the best in the game when he can dish it out, and ezreal is one of the safest picks.

AP mid: This feels like your role, as it's typically a more skillshot and micro area. Ahri is my current main in mid, and you might like her: she's great at roaming across the map and controlling the game, especially once she has rylai. Also her kit is mostly skill shots, rewards skilled play imo. Another mid for you to consider might be Lux, who is great at doing damage from safe distance.

Top: Top's tricky, i'm having a hard time thinking of really intensive champs up there. Jax might be one to consider, it takes skill to use him but he's one of the scariest champions in the game if he's played well, and he can carry hard. I would also reccomend Wukong here, which is a bit odd since he's not the go-to top, but imo he's the epitome of a good bruiser. His ult is a game-changer, while shifting around with his E/Q/W rewards good play on your part.

Jungle: Reccomend Vi, Hecarim, Jarvan. Those 3 are all very strong in the jungle.

Not expecting you to buy all of these, just some food for thought in the future. One last thing: Nidalee and Chogath both deserve mention, since they are picks who can succesfully go almost any role, and they are both strong champions.

Hentai Bagel

03-10-2013

Pick Akali or Katarina - Dyrus 2013

True Sol

03-17-2013

Akali! She has a huge amount of carry potential, especially from mid lane

http://youtu.be/6eQVhh2szhQ

Hasuobs

03-17-2013

I'm a Master's Zerg Player, and if you want someone that you can APM with, Vayne is really good.

tdct08

03-17-2013

Jungle tryndamere lol. Instant pubstomp at that level if you play him right
Edit: I didn't read your post :B Try kennan or or akali or fizz

Great Pyrenees

03-17-2013

So you think you are good? I say think because if you REALLY want some macro type champions I am gonna hook you up.

Mid: Leblanc, Kassadin
Top: Elise, Rumble
Bot ADC: Ezreal (this guy is the most mobile), Urgot
Bot Support: Lee Sin, Ahri
Jungle: Lee Sin, Heimerdinger

Saphlan

03-17-2013

I would say Kennen. You can go Top/Mid with AP kennen but you also have the option of AD kennen as the ADC.

Kennen can still be useful when used by a braindead player because of his ultimate.
In the hands of a skillful player you an manage your stuns, have a good escape/chase, manage positioning for your ultimate, hit your skillshots, and do many awesome things with Kennen.

His ultimate is just SO good, does Katarina levels of damage in a larger radius and provides FASTER morgana levels of utility in a large radius again.

If you can coordinate with your team when you use your ultimate then you can win many games with Kennen.

It's also pretty hard to lose lane with Kennen. Most tops are melee and you can poke down. None of the pesky singed-like tops can get near you. The range tops you can outdmg in short duration pokes and they cannot chase you.

I would say Kennen is one of the most fool-proof champions to carry with.