[Riot] Please moderate these forums...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cliftonix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

I came here recently to see about how the tribunal works and really, I've noticed more harassment and trolling in these forums than I do usually in game. Where are the mods, every other thread has one troll at least. What is the point in a forum where people who are wrongfully banned to come in here, just to experience more trolling. I really want to see some moderation around here.

LittleDi

03-10-2013

There's plenty of moderation in here. I'll help you to understand it a little bit.

First there's the player moderation. Up/Down votes.

Second there's the other moderation where posts get closed regardless of the up or down vote total.

Third: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/requests/new The Submit a ticket method for players who think a thread needs to be moderated a little more quickly than others.

Minstrel13

03-10-2013

Have you read the reform cards and original posts of most of these people? They were not "wrongfully banned." When we attempt to point out why they were banned, we get responses that simply prove why they were banned, and why they should stay banned, and why they will be permanently banned in very short order.

The number of people who come in here who were either wrongfully banned, or rightly banned and honestly looking for guidance so as not to get banned again are a pitiful minority.

Safearra

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonix View Post
I came here recently to see about how the tribunal works and really, I've noticed more harassment and trolling in these forums than I do usually in game. Where are the mods, every other thread has one troll at least. What is the point in a forum where people who are wrongfully banned to come in here, just to experience more trolling. I really want to see some moderation around here.
I say this daily

Xianio

03-10-2013

These threads always make me roll my eyes a little. Mostly because the truth tends to be considered offensive. While obviously there are a few people who just post "haha your banned" style comments, I find them extremely few and far between.

Most of the time posts like these are considered offensive when they shouldn't be;
- "You deserved to be banned and if you don't fix it you'll be permabanned."
- Copy/pastes of the chat showing where the person broke the rules.
- Responding to people with links or quoted sections of the Summoners Code/Tribunal FAQ.
- Disproving/shutting down the same 3 arguments: "Only 1 bad game," "Look at what everyone else was doing," "Chat shouldn't matter for x/y/z reason."

I mean I get it, responders aren't agreeing with the people who are complaining but you'd hope that these players wouldn't want a sugarcoated approach. But, it seems to me that MOST of the time it's just banned players upset that people didn't rally around them when they complained about a totally legitimate ban.

Shelzin

03-10-2013

I admit... I'm no better than most of the people who come in here looking to argue their case as to why they shouldn't be banned. They are after all, just trying to tell other people the truth about their game play. Well... I tell them the truth about what is and isn't acceptable in game IMHO, and I tell them exactly what I would vote punish for in the Tribunal.

They give others the courtesy of the truth. I give them the same. It's just flabbergasting that they don't like it. You would think they were hypocrites or something.