Leviathan..carry item?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AFKray

12-04-2009

So, I've been seeing a trend lately that Leviathan is being used more on carries than it is on tanks. I assumed this snowball item was more for tanks but it's just way more effective to get the absurd HP and eventual damage reduction on your carry...since he's getting focused after all. Not to mention getting the stacks to 20 is much easier when you are the one who is usually getting the kills on your team. Not saying it's useless on tanks, but they tend to die more in the end, as it is their role to go in first. Anywho, what are some other thoughts on the matter?

WasabiCannon

04-29-2010

I hate seeing any champ in my team that rushes that item.

Carados

04-29-2010

It's a good item on anyone.

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2010

Great item on anyone who gets buttloads of assists at the end of the fight.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

04-29-2010

Leviathan is in an awkward place. It isn't really effective enough for tanks to be truly viable, but if it had any more it would break every single carry.

ShardOfDarkness

04-30-2010

Levi should be % hp gain, makes it more viable on Tanks and not broken on carries (unless they do a silly tanking build, then...well no real damage so not broken still)

Killroth

05-02-2010

Only real working leviathan's I have seen are on a MF'ing Chogath variation, and on an Ashe following a snowball build.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

Its a solid item, but it doesn't offer much immediately, and a carry would be picking it up rather late I'd think (after becoming deadly)... so there's probably better options.

The real problem is that unlike Mejais and Sword of the Occult, the end effect is much better than the stacking one, imo.

Lcr2003

05-02-2010

That's just it...Ive been known to take it on many heroes; Nasus, Fiddle, Annie, Shen.

I never get it early game, that seems pointless to me. If I feel i need a bit more survivability mid-game Ill pick it up -- AFTER I've already gotten some DPS items, to allow me to stack it.

OrthodoxChaote

05-03-2010

I like it on Pantheon, who has a strong early game but a weak lategame due to survivability issues. Bam, leviathan. Takes advantage of the strong early to snowball me for late. Same with Occult Sword. Sion I get all three stacks items and a trinity force for hybrid hilarity. Seen the 3 stacks build work on Nidalee as well.