This man deserves a pardon... Check it reds (please)

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonimir

03-10-2013

I'm ranked 830 or so with only 16000 points or so, but it looks like I have a ways to go since you're rank 83 with 50k+ points. =)

Keonyn

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
You are speculating also. You assuming he is a bad player and not intentionally feeding.

Everyone interpret this case differently, just how Tribunal works.
Yeah, but he's speculating responsibly given what's on the line and the effects the Tribunal decisions have on other players. There's a reason the legal system requires evidence prove a matter beyond a reasonable doubt, because it's irresponsible to punish someone based on a whim. There are plenty of ways those games could have resulted from a bad game, bad connection, or many other reasons. Plus, there being only 2 games to the case isn't even enough to show it's even a trend for the user and there being only 2 games in the case is suspect in itself.

Frankly, this is just another piece of ammo for the Tribunal haters to demonstrate the flaws of the system, and some of the people here are doing a really bad job of proving this system is just in any way, shape or form. It's a shame that a system such as this that could be something positive is constantly showing how incredibly flawed it really is, and the attitudes of some here only drive that home further.

SexyPlanket

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keonyn View Post
Frankly, this is just another piece of ammo for the Tribunal haters to demonstrate the flaws of the system, and some of the people here are doing a really bad job of proving this system is just in any way, shape or form. It's a shame that a system such as this that could be something positive is constantly showing how incredibly flawed it really is, and the attitudes of some here only drive that home further.
Yes but I stand before you now, a tribunal user fighting injustice.

Gudge

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
Mute trolling is still trolling. Everyone in game 1 agreed on it. 2 agreed on it in game 2. What I find severely weird is the COMPLETE AND TOTAL LACK OF ENEMY CHAT.
Bot game perhaps?

Shelzin

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
Well, new players usually are very cautious when it come to fighting. A score such as 1/10/5 I can understand, but 0/12/4 and 0/15/0 with little CS and leaving or AFKing are supicious.
Usually?

Quote:
Not to mention these not the only 2 cases which are shown to us.
I only saw two games in this case. Where are the other ones? o.0

Quote:
Not to sound racisit or anything, but some non-English players know words like "noob" and curse words before helpful words.

Well I'm not basing this off a gut-feeling, just what I see or lack lol.
*shrugs*

I disagree. Lack of evidence being punishable is... Distasteful.

Shelzin

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudge View Post
Bot game perhaps?
And that's something I would love to see added to these cases. If it's a bot game I want to know dang it. Is it ranked? I would like to know that too.

Shelzin

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
Mute trolling is still trolling. Everyone in game 1 agreed on it. 2 agreed on it in game 2. What I find severely weird is the COMPLETE AND TOTAL LACK OF ENEMY CHAT.
And not one person speaks in [ALL]

*frowns*

stochastic42

03-11-2013

We would have to see the game to make a remotely objective opinion so tribunal is always judgements based on incomplete evidence but that does not mean they are not fair judgements. I personally think that if the community reports you enough to go to tribunal and then the tribunal judges that you seem to be the sort of person who they would like removed from the community if you do not change your behaviour then it is fair that you are punished considering that you may have ruined dozens if not hundreds of hours of gameplay by the time you are even warned.

I don't mind at all if someone goes in lane and loses badly while doing their best. When that happens the worst I will do is say 'Yi please farm under your tower so that you don't end up feeding' or something like that. If I am really frustrated I might even not say please but I try to be respectful.

If bans were handed out on the first punish I would agree that 2 games is not enough unless the player was extremely abusive or ruined the entire game.

In game 2 either the player

1. Purposely ruined the game for everyone
2. Was severely mentally handicapped
3. Has absolutely no idea how to play what-so-ever

In case 1 that is enough to ban the player for a week at least. Maybe for one of those players it will be the only time he has to play all week after all.

In case 2 the player had no ill will or intention but none the less will continue ruining games since he lacks the capacity to play them and should find and appropriate game where they can enjoy it without causing grief for others. Unless the handicap is temporary (maybe from drugs) LoL can not accommodate this player.

In case 3 the player is playing a multiplayer team based game without even bothering to learn the basics (trying to kill minions). This is as if someone joined a public soccer game and picked up the ball and threw it in the lake, then turned around and said 'what? It's not my fault I don't know the rules' of course this player would be promptly removed. It is disrespectful of others time and energy and ruins the experience for them and therefore this player is toxic.

Perhaps I just value my time more than others but I don't think a player should get to ruin hundreds of hours of game play before one of their accounts is permanently banned.

Minos157

03-11-2013

Now that I am done laughing at the OP thinking this guy is innocent...

Here is the path i just took:

Open Thread thinking about how I will need to type a normal, "The system isn't perfect some false punishes will get through, it doesn't mean we need to rid of the system."

Open reform card to game 1
See it is a 42 minute game
See it says outcome leave
See he is level 11
See he is 0-12-4
See he has 15 CS and 3k less gold then next team mate
Laugh at the sentiment that he is innocent.

This guy was afk, it is right there for you to see, punish deserved.

Edit: Just read game 2 - 0-15-0, level 6 and 7 CS in a 32 minute game? Wow good riddance to this guy.

LargeSnorlax

03-11-2013

*scratches his head* Ok, let's see the card.

#1 - Massively underlevelled, didn't say a thing. 15 cs and 12 deaths. Left the game. Could be attributed to being a new player..but he's playing in a game of people with flash/ignite. Everyone asks him what he's doing, he doesn't respond. Everyone says things to do, doesn't respond.

#2 - 7 cs - Massively underlevelled, again, didn't see a thing. 0/15/0.

My guess is these are bot games.

Honestly, I'd probably have pardoned the case too. Can I see it being punished? Yep. I'd have just assumed it was a new player, and it's only 2 cases, too. This is a case where it would be REALLY nice to see things like:

Player Levels
Ranked/Unranked

1234567 ... 8