Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ideas to Improve Tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrightNooblar

Recruiter

03-10-2013

Quote:
Safearra:
if it isnt a new idea can you show me where it has been posted by another user?

and What exactly is the GOAL of the tribunal?

how i see it is like this
player is being toxic sees his gauge rising to a bad level
player most likely doesn't want to get banned so he makes instant changes
problem solved

It was well before when I started bookmarking riot responses to things. But the fact that I can recall lyte stating that they don't want what it takes to be tribunaled being public, means it, or something similar, has been brought up. Maybe if people ask for lyte to do an AMA it can get a fresh response though.

As for the goal of the tribunal point, the goal is to get people to reform so they stop ruining games. Not to skirt the system so they don't get punished. In all honesty, i'd rather someone simply be toxic enough to get banned, than only slightly less toxic, and avoid punishment. At least once they are banned, they stop being toxic all together. Of course best case scenario is they dont be toxic and dont get banned, but apparently that is unrealistic, or we wouldn't even be discussing the meter idea.

Testman2012

03-11-2013

Quote:
BrightNooblar:
There are actually very few new ideas pertaining to the tribunal.

Heh...were any of my 3 ideas brought up before?

They seem rather obvious. I imagine that the replays don't exist (like they do in Starcraft), or I'd be able to see my own replays. The other 2 ideas seem pretty simple, however.

Maroh

03-11-2013

Quote:
Shiister:
I got this.

Tribunal don't give you a "ticket" for getting 1 report.

Tribunal builds a case against the person to be used in court. Like a investigation.

When cops do a investigation, do they stop the criminal for 1 crime? No, they will keep watch on them and build a history of their criminal activity and when they will a certain point(Reported 15%+) then cops will bust them.

the issue with this is there have been many tribunal threads linking their cases, where you can literally see someone being "trolled" when they're reported, meaning some of those stacks of cases aren't actually legitimate because the person reporting is reporting so that they can get the other person banned just out of hate. the fact is that with the forums "ban first ask later" policy that has been so popular lately only 1/5 cases has to be legitimate, they see one negative thing in the game like someone saying "****" or "oh gosh darn it veigar why aren't you Q' farming" and they're like INSTABANNOSCOPE. to further update the analogy, it would be like seeing someone speeding and then 4 other corrupt cops saying while the guy was speeding he was holding a glock, smoking weed, abusing his wife in the passengers seat, and taking a **** on the american flag.

Safearra

03-11-2013

Quote:
Maroh:
the issue with this is there have been many tribunal threads linking their cases, where you can literally see someone being "trolled" when they're reported, meaning some of those stacks of cases aren't actually legitimate because the person reporting is reporting so that they can get the other person banned just out of hate. the fact is that with the forums "ban first ask later" policy that has been so popular lately only 1/5 cases has to be legitimate, they see one negative thing in the game like someone saying "****" or "oh gosh darn it veigar why aren't you Q' farming" and they're like INSTABANNOSCOPE. to further update the analogy, it would be like seeing someone speeding and then 4 other corrupt cops saying while the guy was speeding he was holding a glock, smoking weed, abusing his wife in the passengers seat, and taking a **** on the american flag.

true.

Grubass

03-11-2013

Quote:
BrightNooblar:
Problem is, it isn't a new idea. I'm pretty sure Lyte has already said once that they don't like the data about exactly what it takes to get put into the tribunal being pbulic, because people will try to avoid being toxic enough to get tribunaled, rather than simply avoid being toxic.

There are actually very few new ideas pertaining to the tribunal.

If they avoid being toxic enough not to be tribunal the system works in my eyes. How about we prevent actions instead of act?

You know stop eating while you gain weight to stop the gains instead of start running to lose the weight. Because right now Riot is running to lose the weight of the players instead of trying to prevent them from being toxic. If you have a meter to keep your toxicity in acceptable rate it is acceptable overall and no harm is done to the players community or Riot or the Tribunal.

edit: +if the player immidetely reforms his actions to avoid a ban it's even better then after a ban. The after ban reform method leaves a sour taste in the mouth. It's like spanking an unexpecting kid for something he's done a long time ago. (Not sure if i used the right analogy)

Doct0r Phil

03-11-2013

Quote:
Testman2012:
After doing my first 20 tribunal reviews, I have some feedback for Riot.

1. Without a replay (that I could hopefully watch up to 10x speed), it's hard to tell if the things in chat are true. For example, intentional feeding.

2. If there are multiple reports, could you indicate if the reporters were all in the same party? If the chat says things about intentional feeding from two people then I tend to believe it. If those two people came into the game together, however, then they probably are just supporting each other.

3. The feedback from a Punish vote would be more useful if I could indicate which reports caused me to cast that vote. Sometimes half of the chat logs won't be that bad. There will be some that go over the line, however, or some that suggest they started to feed intentionally. While you shouldn't require extra comments in a tribunal review (it'd definitely reduce the amount of reviewers), it should be an option for those who want to help.

I do appreciate the input and thought of your post. I believe that you have some great points. Here's what I'll say though. When you think about ideas to improve something, you also want to ask yourself if it can be used in a negative manner as well.

For example, here are some of the things that came to my head.

1. Does a premade always mean that they are out to "get someone"? My friends and I are active members in the Tribunal and proudly wear some of the Honor Badges. When we report people, we don't report for some random or illogical reason. I am sure that there are many groups just like us. My worry is that people will just assume that just because it's a premade group, that they are trolling the person who was reported.

Also, going along with that. The person who got punished, even if they are obviously guilty, would use that as more ammunition for their "defense". Saying something like, "See, I got trolled by a premade".

2. Feedback could potentially bring MORE trolls to the Tribunal. A troll wants to be heard. They want people to feel "pain" from them. A troll could find it funny to simply put, "I punished you for no reason because I can, hahahahahaha", etc etc.

What is nice about the Tribunal is that there is barely any instant gratification recieved for the people who participate in it. Most people who do, are actually doing it for the better of the community. Not to troll someone. I feel that leaving feedback would just provide MORE things for trolls to have fun doing.

Those are just my 2 cents.

Grubass

03-11-2013

So can name it Community Rating or Interpersonal Rating to make the transition go smoother

Incontestabil

03-11-2013

Quote:
CzeTweR:
What if i tell you that you have radars in America to indicate your speed and you dont even get a picture taken?

5. Indicate in chat when the person died just to give more insight on the game.

thats a great idea, even thou its kinda obvious, it wont hurt being put there if it would be possible

Quote:
CzeTweR:
6. Show other team score to see if he's 1/11/0 because the other team got fed hard and he simply fell behind

no he got 1/11 cause he died to creeps in jungle, the enemy had nothing to do with it

Grubass

03-11-2013

Quote:
Y0u D0ne G00fed:
I do appreciate the input and thought of your post. I believe that you have some great points. Here's what I'll say though. When you think about ideas to improve something, you also want to ask yourself if it can be used in a negative manner as well.

For example, here are some of the things that came to my head.

1. Does a premade always mean that they are out to "get someone"? My friends and I are active members in the Tribunal and proudly wear some of the Honor Badges. When we report people, we don't report for some random or illogical reason. I am sure that there are many groups just like us. My worry is that people will just assume that just because it's a premade group, that they are trolling the person who was reported.

Also, going along with that. The person who got punished, even if they are obviously guilty, would use that as more ammunition for their "defense". Saying something like, "See, I got trolled by a premade".

2. Feedback could potentially bring MORE trolls to the Tribunal. A troll wants to be heard. They want people to feel "pain" from them. A troll could find it funny to simply put, "I punished you for no reason because I can, hahahahahaha", etc etc.

What is nice about the Tribunal is that there is barely any instant gratification recieved for the people who participate in it. Most people who do, are actually doing it for the better of the community. Not to troll someone. I feel that leaving feedback would just provide MORE things for trolls to have fun doing.

Those are just my 2 cents.

1. Well if random ppl vote on the case they might pardon because someone got trolled by a premade. It's rare that the person sees the case pending as has any impact on it. It might only improve the overall outlook of the case. And even if he comes to say "i got trolled' he won win an argument on these forums anyway because if he does get punished it's for a reason and getting trolled in 1 game is nothing.

2. I understand the idea of feedback as a simple punish/pardon on each of the 5. Make the cooldown a little shorter and require 5 votes on each kase. 1 vote per game. After the votes are cast 3/5 punish make it a punish overall and 3/5 pardon make it pardoned. This way there's more room to get it accurate

Safearra

03-11-2013

Quote:
Grubass:
If they avoid being toxic enough not to be tribunal the system works in my eyes. How about we prevent actions instead of act?

You know stop eating while you gain weight to stop the gains instead of start running to lose the weight. Because right now Riot is running to lose the weight of the players instead of trying to prevent them from being toxic. If you have a meter to keep your toxicity in acceptable rate it is acceptable overall and no harm is done to the players community or Riot or the Tribunal.

edit: +if the player immidetely reforms his actions to avoid a ban it's even better then after a ban. The after ban reform method leaves a sour taste in the mouth. It's like spanking an unexpecting kid for something he's done a long time ago. (Not sure if i used the right analogy)

this! if i could sticky this!!