Ideas to Improve Tribunal

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzeTweR View Post
What if i tell you that you have radars in America to indicate your speed and you dont even get a picture taken?
Then... what? This doesn't refute his statement, it actually strengthens it. If people were informed every time a red flag was raised, they would be a jittery mess.

Quote:
6. Show other team score to see if he's 1/11/0 because the other team got fed hard and he simply fell behind
You can see their allies scores. If the whole team died a ton, safe to assume that the whole enemy team had a lot of kills. Unless executions become a weird new fad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safearra View Post
thats like having a baby, having it do a bunch of bad things letting it slide then one random day taking it to jail for a week and saying here is the list of rules you broke. (natuarly people are shocked that this happen just like when they get banned no one can see it coming it just happens)

how about you alert them tell them what they were reported for and tell them how many more games before they might reach the tribunal so they can correct there actions then. because no one wants a time ban.

maybe riot could call it the toxicity metre
People would just check the meter over and over, and stay at 80% full. Then you'd get posts being like "There is no way I should have been over the limit, I was balancing my meter perfectly!". The goal should be to not ruin other peoples games. Not to duck just under the bar for getting punished.

Grubass

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightNooblar View Post
Then... what? This doesn't refute his statement, it actually strengthens it. If people were informed every time a red flag was raised, they would be a jittery mess.

You can see their allies scores. If the whole team died a ton, safe to assume that the whole enemy team had a lot of kills. Unless executions become a weird new fad.

People would just check the meter over and over, and stay at 80% full. Then you'd get posts being like "There is no way I should have been over the limit, I was balancing my meter perfectly!". The goal should be to not ruin other peoples games. Not to duck just under the bar for getting punished.
No dude no no no and again no. If ppl were informed about red flags maybe they would think what causes it. And if someone was at 80% and they had a bad game they might still get reported for a bad game that some players could report as intentional feedign and your case in point is broken. No way to balance the meter with report being so random these days

Safearra

03-10-2013

Quote:

i will answer your question in a second i am in a game Q_Q but just a quick word

People have speedometres, and people still get speeding tickets am i right?
don't worry my friend you will still have an opportunity to judge peoples fates

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubass View Post
No dude no no no and again no. If ppl were informed about red flags maybe they would think what causes it. And if someone was at 80% and they had a bad game they might still get reported for a bad game that some players could report as intentional feedign and your case in point is broken. No way to balance the meter with report being so random these days
That is what the warning is for. You lose zero play time, but you get a good snapshot of the fact that you need to fix your actions.

Getting a pop up, informing you when you have been reported, would more likely lead to people spamming the forums with "Can I get banned for <situation>??!?!!?" threads.

Quote:
And if someone was at 80% and they had a bad game they might still get reported for a bad game that some players could report as intentional feedign and your case in point is broken.
And, like i said, we'd get people arguing over if that last report should be counted or not. people would say things like "The report that put me over was for intentional feeding, but it was just a bad game. THE TRIBUNAL IS BROKEN" People fight tooth and nail to avoid any responsibility for their actions, i'd hate to give them one more way to deflect. And of course, I don't want to rely on a fluke to catch people who are putting effort into being toxic.

Shelzin

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safearra View Post
true, but your car also has a speedometre to let you know how close you are to going over the speed limit

do you get the point im trying to make?
Well played.

*ponders*

I'll think on this some before committing.

Grubass

03-10-2013

Quote:
That is what the warning is for. You lose zero play time, but you get a good snapshot of the fact that you need to fix your actions.

Getting a pop up, informing you when you have been reported, would more likely lead to people spamming the forums with "Can I get banned for <situation>??!?!!?" threads.

And, like i said, we'd get people arguing over if that last report should be counted or not. people would say things like "The report that put me over was for intentional feeding, but it was just a bad game. THE TRIBUNAL IS BROKEN" People fight tooth and nail to avoid any responsibility for their actions, i'd hate to give them one more way to deflect.
Warning, ban is a completed act this would serve a function informing the user to ease it up a little.

Now we get threads "Just got perm banned on 4 year old account." which are worse for the user. But better for the forums as you noted they can be more interesting than "Can I get banned for <situation>??!?!!?" threads.

You cant rule out all the possibilities unless you take out the ppl factor. The system would be on the same ground as the current tribunal but would simply count the number of reports before an action is taken on your account. And by same ground im comparing the ppl factor in the tribunal with the same ppl factor in the new system.

Seems that every new idea gets blasted before someone actually starts to support it

Shiister

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
Well played.

*ponders*

I'll think on this some before committing.
I got this.

Tribunal don't give you a "ticket" for getting 1 report.

Tribunal builds a case against the person to be used in court. Like a investigation.

When cops do a investigation, do they stop the criminal for 1 crime? No, they will keep watch on them and build a history of their criminal activity and when they will a certain point(Reported 15%+) then cops will bust them.

BrightNooblar

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubass View Post
Warning, ban is a completed act this would serve a function informing the user to ease it up a little.

Now we get threads "Just got perm banned on 4 year old account." which are worse for the user. But better for the forums as you noted they can be more interesting than "Can I get banned for <situation>??!?!!?" threads.

You cant rule out all the possibilities unless you take out the ppl factor. The system would be on the same ground as the current tribunal but would simply count the number of reports before an action is taken on your account. And by same ground im comparing the ppl factor in the tribunal with the same ppl factor in the new system.

Seems that every new idea gets blasted before someone actually starts to support it
Problem is, it isn't a new idea. I'm pretty sure Lyte has already said once that they don't like the data about exactly what it takes to get put into the tribunal being pbulic, because people will try to avoid being toxic enough to get tribunaled, rather than simply avoid being toxic.

There are actually very few new ideas pertaining to the tribunal.

Safearra

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
I got this.

Tribunal don't give you a "ticket" for getting 1 report.

Tribunal builds a case against the person to be used in court. Like a investigation.

When cops do a investigation, do they stop the criminal for 1 crime? No, they will keep watch on them and build a history of their criminal activity and when they will a certain point(Reported 15%+) then cops will bust them.
what are the cons to what i have to say other than people will sit at about 80% toxic level? (which has not been even tested so we are making stats out of thin air) it would be the same thing as right now except it would all be viable to the player so he can make immediate adjustments

Safearra

03-10-2013

Quote:
Problem is, it isn't a new idea. I'm pretty sure Lyte has already said once that they don't like the data about exactly what it takes to get put into the tribunal being pbulic, because people will try to avoid being toxic enough to get tribunaled, rather than simply avoid being toxic.

There are actually very few new ideas pertaining to the tribunal.
if it isnt a new idea can you show me where it has been posted by another user?

and What exactly is the GOAL of the tribunal?

how i see it is like this
player is being toxic sees his gauge rising to a bad level
player most likely doesn't want to get banned so he makes instant changes
problem solved

12345612 ... 13