Please, please, please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirror

05-19-2013

I have talkative friends.

Can we get some discrete options on the dock-bouncing behavior for messages and game invites in the PvP.net Client? I.e., Continuous, Only Once, or Never? If I'm multitasking (which we all are, when we're not in a game), I really don't need the LoL icon to keep jumping into infinity because of one chat message.

Thank you for all the work you do developing the Mac client.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

05-19-2013

Wait.. you leave that bloated monstrosity of a launcher running when you're not actually about ready to play a game? It sucks up CPU cycles like there's no tomorrow, even in the background. Heck, I can't even trust it to stay running unattended for more than 20 minutes most of the time, it invariably gets a Maestro error and closes.

Personally I just talk to my friends using some other method (IM, text message, what have you). Good idea though; Ideally I'd love to see game invites or messages get tossed into the 10.8 notification center.

Mirror

05-19-2013

When it's running, my computer gets hot like a first-generation MacBook Air trying to play a Flash video. But leaving the PvP.net Client open in the background is a habit from the days when I had to run Windows to play League, and it's a tough one to break. Until the withdrawal symptoms pass, it'd be nice to have the icon bounce just once when my friends have something to say.

Having the text from the messages displayed in the notifications would be genius, bombastic. But that's probably a lot of work, and I also doubt whether Adobe AIR can pull that off, given it's not a "real" OS X application, but is its own little cross-platform runtime plugin somethingsomething dark side.

Mirror

06-11-2013

For visibility!

Adamosaur

06-12-2013

Total agreement with the OP. Only solution I could find was to use methods (in terminal) that disable all icon bouncing for all applications. For the bouncing LoLClient in the dock, I usually just quickly cmd, tab, shift-tab to make it think I've looked at it. Though I play in windowed mode, so it doesn't toggle out of the game window or anything :/