Jungle Ryze Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thanias1

03-10-2013

I am here to announce the discovery of the greatest strategy one could possibly know... JUNGLE RYZE!!!!!! My first reaction when I thought of this was "Ha, that would be funny if I tried that." Well, after about 5 seconds I thought, "wait, why don't I? It could work..." And guess what fellow summoners... IT DOES!!!!!

I know what people would think, "sure and pigs can fly." But really, it does work. In this section I'll outline what one can expect to see if they choose to try this out. When one jungles as Ryze, the first clear is the toughest. When you get blue, it does not provide enough mana regen to allow you to constantly spam Q. One must suppress this urge and wisely use it on the tougher camps. You could use once or twice for wraiths, but the more mana you have for small golems, the better. Also, when you get your W, you can use that on the big monster to kite it for a short while if you're smart. It may not seem like much, but it helps you get higher clear health. After the first clear, you can either B for items or gank. Honestly, it is wiser to abuse lanes because Ryze ganks are DEADLY. The incredible damage of Ryze paired with his Rune Prison makes him a terror when he decides to join a lanes party. Once you hit lvl 6 your ult's MS buff and aoe makes you even scarier.

What skill order should you use? I only use one skill order with Ryze, and you may dispute it if you wish. I always max Q then W then E. I don't bother with the E because I don't find that it does enough damage to be satisfactory, and with the new S3 jungle aoe damage is not required in the slightest.

Items? It depends on your play style. I normally buy a machete and build it to a Spectral Wraith (Spell Vamp added to ult? AWESOME). From there it just depends on how I feel. The neat thing about Ryze is that you can build tanky and still get a lot of damage because of his mana scaling, and many tanky items give bonus mana. Rod of Ages, Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil, all are great choices. Usually an Archangel's Staff is a MUST because of Ryze's ability to constantly spam.

Runes? This is still in the hypothetical stage due to the amount of IP required, so any input would be happily recieved. I was thinking Magic Pen reds, Armor yellows, Mana or AP per lvl blues, and spell vamp, MS, or AP quints.

Soooo... What do you all think? It's completely viable, I know that already, but it would be great to have everyone's input and to really perfect this build. ASSIST ME BRETHREN!!!!

THANIAS OUT!!!!

Prizmo

03-10-2013

I don't know, I guess it would work, but it's completely not viable considering the fact that any stable jungle champ that isn't Nautilus is going to walk in and see Ryze with about 30-50% health and desttoy him.
tl;dr LEE SIN

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

OMG, a new strategy! Must downvote immediately!1!11

Seriously tho, If you arent spamming Q, that means autoattacking right? Which means really slow clear. There isn't a good path to get your Tear either which is a big bummer since thats Ryzes most cost-effective damage source.

The second problem is that you will be Poor. Ryze really does need the gold he gets from Mid to do well. He doenst need TONS of gold, but at least needs a fast Tear, and ability to get a Rod of Ages quickly, then the CDR from Frozen Heart, and an Abyssal Scepter.
Junglers nowdays are POOR AS ****. They have to be able to perform with basically all defensive equipment that ideally helps the team, such as Locket, etc. Jungle is practically a second support.

Thanias1

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
OMG, a new strategy! Must downvote immediately!1!11

Seriously tho, If you arent spamming Q, that means autoattacking right? Which means really slow clear. There isn't a good path to get your Tear either which is a big bummer since thats Ryzes most cost-effective damage source.

The second problem is that you will be Poor. Ryze really does need the gold he gets from Mid to do well. He doenst need TONS of gold, but at least needs a fast Tear, and ability to get a Rod of Ages quickly, then the CDR from Frozen Heart, and an Abyssal Scepter.
Junglers nowdays are POOR AS ****. They have to be able to perform with basically all defensive equipment that ideally helps the team, such as Locket, etc. Jungle is practically a second support.
Totally not true my friend. I myself main jungle. As for the non Q spamming, That is only for the first wave clear so that you have enough mana to survive the thing. After that? Spam away my friend. And by no means are GOOD junglers poor. Especially when that jungler happens to be me lol. Not trying to be arrogant or anything, but a jungler has the responsiblity to his team to assist any ailing lanes, abuse the enemy jungler through counterjungling, and farm his own jungle at the same time. None of this leaves room for being poor, so I again state, good junglers aren't poor.

And... You dare call me a second support? Try a second carry lol. When I play jungle, (specially Xin) the enemy team QUAKES WITH FEAR. The same reaction may happen when a Taric walks in, but that's for different reasons. (If ya know wut ah mean :P) In all seriousness, a jungler, especially in late game, is a carry for the team, and if your junglers are anything but that, they need to seriously rethink their lanes of choice.

Thanias1

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prizmo View Post
I don't know, I guess it would work, but it's completely not viable considering the fact that any stable jungle champ that isn't Nautilus is going to walk in and see Ryze with about 30-50% health and desttoy him.
tl;dr LEE SIN
To this a ryze uses snare and happily walks towards his waiting lane buddies while pinging.

Chopinator

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanias1 View Post
To this a ryze uses snare and happily walks towards his waiting lane buddies while pinging.
You say you dont use he E but doesnt that reduce the magic resist of all it hits?

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2013

Riot has helped a bit, but as a general rule a jungler has quite a bit less gold than the AD Carry, AP mid and toplaner. He is inbetween them and the support champ.

You can go look at any pro game and go to endgame and look at their gold stats. The podcasters usually show everyones gold totals periodically. These are pros, so its nothing to do with being "good". You aren't completely broke but you have less gold than if you went mid.

---------
Ryze E is good in theory but in fact it sucks. It has a relatively long delay time, so if you do a Q,W,E,Q fast-combo guess what? The Q and W land before the E ever does, so the resist reduction happens only for the last Q.
With most Ryze's taking Rod of Ages nowdays instead of rushing Shroud/Heart and having 8.1% CDR from defense, nobody can really do the true extended Q,W,Q,E,Q,R,Q,W,Q,E,Q combo anymore till really late game.
So the fast Q,W,E,Q is used the most.

"but, why not use E first?". Well, Es main purpose is to get the 1 second CD reduction to drop another Q. If you start with E, wait for it to land, then go Q,W...uhhh wait for it...Q, you can see this isnt a good idea. They will be out of range by then or whatever and you lost your combo.

This is what he means by not using E. He casts it when comboing but doesnt really rely on it to do very much.