NeoDestiny/UltimaDestiny, toxic players and smurf accounts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SickLunatik

03-10-2013

A friend of mine just played a match with a person claiming he is a pro with large streaming numbers on twitch.tv. This person seems to be a very toxic person and is playing on a smurf account because his main account is on a ban. My question is, what is Riot doing to prevent these types of players from playing on smurf accounts?

Fanaticmogg

03-10-2013

Quote:
3. Attacks or Accusations are not acceptable

Attacking another player is unacceptable, the circumstances are irrelevant, just don’t do it. This includes calling out another player for leaving, cheating, poor gameplay, etc.
From the forums rules.

SickLunatik

03-10-2013

I tried deleting the name out of the title but the edit function wouldn't let me.

BaronVonDerp

03-10-2013

Anything Riot could do to prevent this wouldn't work. IP ban? The troll buys a new computer. In any case, let's say Riot somehow found a way to prevent anyone who got permabanned (which Destiny has never been) from ever getting a new LoL account - what if some 12 year old idiot gets himself permabanned for spamming racial slurs, then wants to play the game again three years later with the intention of being a model community member? This hypothetical customer is now permanently locked out of LoL with no chance to change. Does that sound like a good idea to you?

Fanaticmogg

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonNerfbat View Post
IP ban? The troll buys a new computer.
I know that the logic behind peoples' suggestions of introducing IP bans was shaky, but I never realized just how understood IP adresses were.

Hint: Your router has an IP adress, not your computer*. And it's a lot easier to change than buying new hardware, as the IP adress is assigned, not built-in.

*Every networked device has an IP adress, but on a LAN, they use local adresses. Each computer connected to your router has an IP adress within your home that the router and other devices attached to it can see, but to the Internet, they all have the exact same IP adress - your router's.

HenryKrinkle

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickLunatik View Post
A friend of mine just played a match with a person claiming he is a pro with large streaming numbers on twitch.tv. This person seems to be a very toxic person and is playing on a smurf account because his main account is on a ban. My question is, what is Riot doing to prevent these types of players from playing on smurf accounts?
Playing on a "smurf" in itself is fine.

xFortune

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickLunatik View Post
He doesn't claim to be pro, and he isn't toxic. He's banned for raging at toxic players (trolls, flamers, etc.). Then the toxic players report him and tribunal kids don't bother to read anything for context and just hit punish as soon as they see a bad word.

Riot shouldn't be doing anything to prevent these types of players, they should be trying to make the game a better experience to prevent that kind of behavior in the first place.

Calys Teneb

03-11-2013

Quote:
Anything Riot could do to prevent this wouldn't work. IP ban? The troll buys a new computer. In any case, let's say Riot somehow found a way to prevent anyone who got permabanned (which Destiny has never been) from ever getting a new LoL account - what if some 12 year old idiot gets himself permabanned for spamming racial slurs, then wants to play the game again three years later with the intention of being a model community member? This hypothetical customer is now permanently locked out of LoL with no chance to change. Does that sound like a good idea to you?
You're thinking of a MAC ban, which can be bypassed without the need to purchase a new computer either, although it's harder than an IP ban.

Mangos Carnosos

03-11-2013

Quote:
Buying a new computer doesn't change your IP... And I doubt anyone would even do that.

Doing Things

03-11-2013

Yea because Destiny was real "toxic" during the games the lead to his 2-week ban. Read the tribunal logs and go back to school, kid.