A simple fix to Akali! Really, just one small change.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eldestf

03-10-2013

pink wards.

Fisherman Fizz

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Her damage is fine, she is a burst assassin, and should have high damage and scaling. The problem is, there currently isn't much risk/reward with her. If a player screws up, they just instantly stealth and trollface out of their mistake.

Making that more difficult to do will cause a couple of things....

Make dealing with her a little easier when she screws up, and force Akali players to increase their skill cap. It will actually force people to play better.
The stealth is fine though. As long as she's in shroud she's also getting free armor and MR so she's harder to just blow up than other assassins that get caught. The end result is that Akali can build tanky for an assassin and still do well because her sustain with a revolver combined with the tankiness from her shroud and other items makes her hard to kill even when you have vision for her. The best way to solve that would be to hit her damage (which got buffed indirectly now that she's running penetration marks) so that she needs to build more damage to keep having high damage output, or to hit the tankiness inside the shroud so that you can damage her through her sustain more easily when she's caught. If you make the stealth on her shroud too weak the ability pretty much becomes a defense steroid with a slow which is just bad design on an assassin. Keeping emphasis on the stealth suits her better.

SWORD OF ALLAH

03-10-2013

CHANGE HER, SHE IS RUINING EVERY NORM SOLO QUEUE GAME THAT I AM IN. I am not even going to play for the rest of the day, because 3 Akali games get pretty darn old. An assassin tanking 1v5, endless gap closers, faceroll. Jesus Riot, you nerfed xin because he pubstomps? ****ing please...

This is just obnoxious, and its out of my control.

BlueLethal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

change the stealth.

SWORD OF ALLAH

03-10-2013

This isn't a debate. Riot reverted her back to a horrible state. Nerf it, don't be senseless and debate all of the details, that is Riot's job, she is obviously an incredible pain in the neck and hard to deal with, that is WHY there is so much backlash. Again, don't be senseless. You can intellectualize all you want, all I know is that my games are being freaking ruined by Akali CONSISTENTLY. She is consistently fed, and consistently carrying with little sweat. Its incredibly annoying to the point where I'm not playing because callofdutynoscope420dubstep scrubs are playing her every game.

mambawarrior0

03-10-2013

In one of my last few games, I was veigar and I could literally 2 shot her with QR because of how much AP we had.
Unfortunately, I couldn't even target her because she went back into stealth so fast after attacking. Unless you have single digit ping, I doubt an average player could.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

I agree. If Rengar's not allowed to instastealth, Akali shouldn't be either.

turulHAARP

03-10-2013

I am not sure about this but the change to her passive is not just a QoL buff it's a straight buff.She can now go down 9/21/0 in masteries get some runes then in lane she can just counter build by getting either zhonya's,abyssal scepter,sunfire cape,rylai etc. while still dealing too much dmg.Now add the shroud tankiness to the item build i mentioned above and you get an immovable object in the lane which can kill you because no mana problems.

Aeolian Melodies

03-10-2013

I'm not sure why you're comparing her to Eve and Twitch's stealth. Eve is perma stealthed unless she attacks/is attacked/is close to you. Twitch has a short duration stealth that lets him go where he pleases (also gives him MS to reposition better when invisible). Both stealths can be used to gank, both stealths can be used to juke (although harder to pull off with Eve), both stealth can be used to dodge aggro. Doing dmg to Twitch when he's popping it won't even delay it anymore.

Akali's stealth is location-based. It is not comparable to "lol i'm invisible now k?" stealths like any other stealth in the game. It's basically an improved bush on demand. She's not going to go gank or roam with it. She's going to use it to de-aggro and juke. Want to deny her that? Drop a pink the shroud., making the 80 energy (out of 200) that she just spent useless.

TL DR; Akali's stealth is a unique mechanic (location-based stealth), therefore you can't claim that it's out of sync when compared to other stealths, because they aren't limited to a specific spot. The day Riot releases another champion with a location-based stealth, and it doesn't behave like Twilight Shroud, then we can talk about the shroud being out of sync with comparable skills.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWORD OF ALLAH View Post
This isn't a debate. Riot reverted her back to a horrible state. Nerf it, don't be senseless and debate all of the details, that is Riot's job, she is obviously an incredible pain in the neck and hard to deal with, that is WHY there is so much backlash. Again, don't be senseless. You can intellectualize all you want, all I know is that my games are being freaking ruined by Akali CONSISTENTLY. She is consistently fed, and consistently carrying with little sweat. Its incredibly annoying to the point where I'm not playing because callofdutynoscope420dubstep scrubs are playing her every game.
A large part of this is her ability to trollfaceloleasybutton stealth herself in and out of fights.

All the other stealth mechanics break upon attacking, by taking damage, or by getting too close to the enemy. Except for Akali.....