A simple fix to Akali! Really, just one small change.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FANTASTICMRpl0x

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Zhaitan X View Post
What learning to use it would there be?

Now, if you go stealth with no fade time leaving it, people know you are in that shroud. A brand can pillar of filth it, a lux can cast lucent singularity on it, and now you are defenseless since any damage reveals you. In other forms of stealth, skillshots dont reveal you.

Plus, akali's stealth mechanically differs from other forms of stealth. Akali's stealth is supposed to be used amidst the battlefield so akali players can strategically decide proper timings to jump in and out of stealth. It's not an easy skill you just put down wherever with no thought behind it, like you say.

Think about it. Brand pillar of filth is planted in the shroud, hits akali, now she is revealed and your passive ensures she is revealed for the duration of the shroud. That's counterplay to the extreme. There is nothing the akali player could have done about it.

This "one small change" would completely break akali's job as a slippery assassin.
Brand with flaming pillar of filth? what game are YOU playing??

Sarah Lee

03-10-2013

It makes sense for Akali's stealth mechanic to work differently as it requires her to stay within one specific area. She can't just pop stealth and run away like Twitch - his stealth can be delayed by damage because otherwise it would be too good of an escape tool. At the moment Akali's shroud does take some skill and thinking to use well. If she's surrounded chances are her stealth won't get her out of there, unless she does a really good juke and uses flash. Compare that to Shaco who can easily get away with his Deceive.

Maybe Akali does need to be hit somehow, but this isn't what people have been complaining about. If you're onto it with pink wards her shroud becomes pretty useless in teamfights anyway. People have been complaining about the amount of damage she does for a champion with such great sticking power. I'd say maybe nerfing the range of her ult or toning down her damage slightly might be a better solution, but I'm no expert on the matter.

Agrexis

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus McGee View Post
Last I checked, since I do play Akali, is that she can dash to neutrals, too.
Do you not consider Kat's Shunpo as an escape as well?
A targeted dash is still a dash, and considering any lane initiation will be behind your own minions, Akali will have a dash target if she doesn't kill you.

Also, I wasn't aware that having a considerable CD on a skill equals not having that skill at all. "Oh yeah, Nunu doesn't have an AOE slow because it's on a long CD"

gtfo.
You said it worked on minions, implying both yours and the enemy team's. I never said it didn't work on neutral monsters lol. Stop grasping at straws.

Akali's shadow dance =/= kat's shunpo. Kat can shunpo to wards and her own minions, Akali cannot. So yes, I consider Kat's shunpo an escape.

Of course it's a CC. But a smart player doesn't use their only escape to pin one person down. Do you use Nunu's ult to slow and kill one person on a regular basis? I hope not lol. (Plus he has his ice shard which is on a 6 second cd and is a 60% slow at max rank, so why wouldn't you use that?)

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrexis View Post
So are you saying Eve's stealth is useless? lol
No, it has its place, but it isn't nearly as effective as Akalis now. You see, back when it was, Eve was super nerfed into the ground for about 8 months, then went into a year long rework....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidoru View Post
Cool, except nerfing her stealth does nothing to stop her from instantly killing squishies with minimal items.
That is literally the entire point of an assassin character, to drop the unprotected squishy ADC and APs....

You are missing the entire point of an assassin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ER View Post
Somebody doesn't remember why Eve was nerfed into the ground and what caused the jungle to be changed due to free scouting power from stealth jungling champions.
Jungle was actually changed to allow more viable builds in jungle, as well as to allow more champions in jungle. Prior to the jungle changes a very select group of champions were just ridiculously OP in the jungle.

Stealth had nothing to do with the jungle rework.....at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRabbit View Post
I wasn't aware Akali's shroud allowed her to bypass wards and minion sight and be able to easilly gank by being able to effortlessly run into lane brush or bypass river green wards. Oh wait...

Apples and rusty bed frames, my friend.
Actually it can allow her to get around wards, if she knows where they are placed, she can shroud around/over a corner, go in, and still clear out the other side with roughly 1 second of stealth to close the gap. Not to mention the gap closer she has as well, that doesn't help or anything...

Rusty bed frames and bacon, my friend.

Elephino

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Énzan View Post
I dont like the idea, his shroud isnt good afetr mid game and cost a lot of energy. She already got a hardtime handling good teams, remember she doesnt have any cc form or escape as a melee champion.
she does have an aoe slow and her ult can be used as an escape by any competent player in certain situations

Caítlyn

03-10-2013

Just shut up

Afflictid

03-10-2013

I have to disagree that she shouldn't need items to deal damage. Her base damages are too high.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caítlyn View Post
Just shut up
In this quote: Caitlyn wants her ult to work like Sniper's from DoTA, passing through people and hitting her target all the time!

Me too Caitly, me too!

quasistellar

03-10-2013

eh, I think Akali has a valid exception in this case. She already can only stealth inside her shroud, which is a great target for AoE. If this change was made she'd never be able to actually stealth, sorry.

InertBlowfish

03-10-2013

+1