Does Custom Builder work for you?

Yes, works with new Mac Beta client. 1 50.00%
No, doesn't work. 0 0%
I don't use this application. 1 50.00%
Wait, there was a custom build application? 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Lol Custom Builds with New Mac Beta Client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TylerMichael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

So I know this isn't an issue Riot can work on. I was mainly wanting to post this to get feedback if any of you Mac users have used this application in the past and is it still working for you?

Once the first Mac Beta went down I went to iLoL and always used it. Now that I switched to the new Mac Beta it and switched clients it doesn't seem to work at all. I find that very strange.

Was just wanting to see if it was only me or if it was everyone since no update for it has been released.

Thanks for your feedback!

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-10-2013

I got it to work, fresh install, but it hung/crashed several times during the initial setup. It's working fine now though.

TylerMichael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

I found a solution. Over on the boompjet.net forums user "Xander" said this:

Quote:
Actually, it out of the box does not work with Riot's client, lucky for you I dug into the program a bit and figured out why.

To fix it quickly (but do note that the program won't save your data if you do it this way) you just have to right click on Riot's client > Show package contents > Contents > See that folder called Config? It's a fake made by lcb, and it's in the wrong area. Open that folder, and copy the folder called "Champions." Now back out to Contents again, and delete the Config folder made by lcb. Open up the folder called LOL, and open up the Config folder in there. Past your champions folder, and you're done!!

If you want to hotfix lcb so you don't have to do this manually, right click on lcb > show package contents > Contents > Resources > Java > and open the file lolbuilds.ini in Vim or Text-mate or Text-wrangler or something, now change all the clientInputPaths NOT the ones titled clientPath or clientDataPath from /Applications/League of Legends.app/Contents/Config to /Applications/League of Legends.app/Contents/LOL/Config. Save the file, re-save your builds and delete the fake config folder mentioned earlier, and lcb will work properly again.
Do not that the name you change it to Config DOES NOT have a period at the end. I did that and it didn't work the first time.

So yay for solutions!!