Xin Jungling Route

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Jayce Ult

Member

03-10-2013

What is the most optimal jungling route for him?
I normally start wolves>blue>wraiths>wolves>red>gank or recall

I haven't really jungled with him at all and I'm wondering what would be the best? I like to gank top early on so that my laner can snowball more easily.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rebeltrooper23

Junior Member

03-11-2013

I generally start with blue using top and mid to help burn down golem, then move to wolves, grats r level 2. Birds, then red, grats ur level 3 now skip golems and go straight to the lane that has over committed an early push and u have all three skills.. e w then q to kill, if not dead then flash and now he is dead


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chopinator

Senior Member

03-12-2013

Normally I start Machete and 5 pots. Start Wolves and Blue (get leash from top \ mid or bot \ mid depending on side). I start with Q first then at level 2 I take E. After Blue you should gank, where you gank is up to you and the lanes.
If we are blue I always gank top through the tri, this always results in a burnt flash and loss of 2-3 pots or first blood.
If we are purple I gank bottom through tri or river bush or if mid is pushed already I will gank there instead of bottom.

ALWAYS PING WHO YOU WILL BE GANKING !! Even if you talked to them before match (which I always do and you should too) you should ping it to make sure you are on same page as them.

After that I either proceed with wraiths then red (smite is up by then) or if mid is pushed I gank their before wraiths and I take W at level 3. After red you can take a look at lanes and see if any are pushed, if they are and you are close gank, if not do golems then wraiths then wolves.
After first clear your route \ ganks will be game by game basis. Just make sure you keep farming your jungle and gank when an opportunity presents itself. Xin is a monster early game with great ganks you want to make sure you take advantage of this.

For summoners spells I take Smite and Exhaust. I see a lot of people take Flash with him but I feel like Exhaust is the better spell for him. It helps with ganks, helps if you get counter jungled or you want to counter jungle. Xin is an initiator and off tank late game so he will be diving the enemy, Exhaust helps him either peel for your ADC or shut down their APC or ADC when he dives.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mestaaja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periphery Owns View Post
What is the most optimal jungling route for him?
I normally start wolves>blue>wraiths>wolves>red>gank or recall

I haven't really jungled with him at all and I'm wondering what would be the best? I like to gank top early on so that my laner can snowball more easily.
Looks good to me. Although if you get help with wolves and blue you can do smiteless and go straight to red after blue and smite it, then go wraiths (wolves) and gank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pants are Dragon

Senior Member

03-12-2013

wraiths - red - blue (with leash)

gank top/mid

should be easy

also skill order - W-Q-EEEEEEEEE


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LuvMeSumMikasa

Junior Member

03-12-2013

pants is totally right


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thanias1

Senior Member

03-13-2013

Ok, so I only skimmed the other posts so sorry if I'm repetitive of what they say.

Just for the record- xin is my play2win character, and honestly I feel sorry for people I go against when I play as him. The biggest thing about Xin Zhao is Q, and it's incredible amount of damage output+CC. I start wolves, blue, wraiths, golems, red, but what I do from here always differs. If your lanes are pushed up to the enemy turret, don't even bother trying to help. Heck, if they're even half way up don't try to gank. If they have wards, you are likely to sit it a bush twiddling your thumbs doing nothing. BUT here is when your game gets so much more fun.

#1 thing to do as Xin: ABUSE THE ENEMY JUNGLER. Every time I play Xin, after the initial buffs, I make sure I get every single objective the instant it appears on the map. I prioritize their blue over mine, and if they are in the midst of taking it, kill them, and make sure your closest lane calls mias or comes to help, cuz stuff will go down quickly. Make sure you get your buffs right after taking theirs, or else you risk losing your own buffs to the enemy jungler, and that leaves what you did pointless. Your clear times are amazing, and use this to your advantage by counter-jungling like crazy. This will in turn get you crazy amounts of farm, and lots of items to abuse pple with.

Rule #2 as Xin. Be aware of the map. If one of your allies is ganked, show that lane NOT TO MESS WITH THE XIN FAMILY. Get in there and beat the living bajebas out of their underfed jungler who got to big for his briches. If you counterjungle properly different things may happen. The enemy jungler may harbor a grudge against you and foolishly take you on (giving you free gold and xp) or he may run away like a little sissy. The latter is more likely to happen. Be careful there isn't too much CC in the lane though, usually for counterganking, Top is my fav, because a 2v2 fight is always more fun then a 3v3, and there is usually less CC in that lane. (and top laners don't usually care about warding as much, sad but true.) Always go for the most vulnerable target, chew them up, and then get to work on the remaining guy. Make sure your top laning buddy is willing to help you out, because although MANZHAO is completely op and awesome, 2v1ing is very dangerous, and may force you to flash out.

Note: Using E to get to minions is a great escape tool.

I hope this helps!
THANIAS OUT!!!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chopinator

Senior Member

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanias1 View Post
#1 thing to do as Xin: ABUSE THE ENEMY JUNGLER. Every time I play Xin, after the initial buffs, I make sure I get every single objective the instant it appears on the map. I prioritize their blue over mine, and if they are in the midst of taking it, kill them, and make sure your closest lane calls mias or comes to help, cuz stuff will go down quickly. Make sure you get your buffs right after taking theirs, or else you risk losing your own buffs to the enemy jungler, and that leaves what you did pointless. Your clear times are amazing, and use this to your advantage by counter-jungling like crazy. This will in turn get you crazy amounts of farm, and lots of items to abuse pple with.
While Xin is a great counter jungler, unless you know for certain that the enemy jungler is away or you know for certain that your team will help you and watch their lanes it is best NOT to counter jungle. In solo Q you cannot count on your team to pay attention to the map and\or follow an enemy lane that comes to help their jungler.

Xin is God like with ganks, if your jungle is clear then it is better to gank a lane and get kill\assist\enemy leaves lane than it is to go roaming the enemy jungle without support from your team.

Please note this is not to say that counter jungling is bad, I just want to warn you that I have many many times counter jungled the enemy jungler, pinged it to my lanes, gotten a kill on the enemy jungler then 1-2 of the enemy comes and kills me while may teammates set in lane and farm. To me it is not worth it to trade me for the enemy jungler and the enemy gets a buff.

Better to stay alive, farm your jungle and gank when\where you can.

I also want to point out that everyone is saying to get red before you gank. DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM. If you start Q then E at 2 after blue you can gank top EVERY TIME (watch for enemy jungler if they are known for starting red, ie- Mundo, Shyv, Lee) and you will get a kill \ assist \ flash blown with pots if you come through the tri bush. You will have plenty of sustain taking W at level 3.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thanias1

Senior Member

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopinator View Post
While Xin is a great counter jungler, unless you know for certain that the enemy jungler is away or you know for certain that your team will help you and watch their lanes it is best NOT to counter jungle. In solo Q you cannot count on your team to pay attention to the map and\or follow an enemy lane that comes to help their jungler.

Xin is God like with ganks, if your jungle is clear then it is better to gank a lane and get kill\assist\enemy leaves lane than it is to go roaming the enemy jungle without support from your team.

Please note this is not to say that counter jungling is bad, I just want to warn you that I have many many times counter jungled the enemy jungler, pinged it to my lanes, gotten a kill on the enemy jungler then 1-2 of the enemy comes and kills me while may teammates set in lane and farm. To me it is not worth it to trade me for the enemy jungler and the enemy gets a buff.

Better to stay alive, farm your jungle and gank when\where you can.

I also want to point out that everyone is saying to get red before you gank. DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM. If you start Q then E at 2 after blue you can gank top EVERY TIME (watch for enemy jungler if they are known for starting red, ie- Mundo, Shyv, Lee) and you will get a kill \ assist \ flash blown with pots if you come through the tri bush. You will have plenty of sustain taking W at level 3.
Sorry sir, but I do not agree. First of all, I do Solo Q. Even with the crappiest teammates, I make counterjungling my #1 goal. Now what I may have neglected to say is that ganking is what you do between counterjungling and jungling. If I just took their blue and their respective lane is reasonably pushed up, where do you think I'm gonna go? Also, if you make it clear through constantly counterjungling that that is what you're gonna do, your team will follow you. ('Specially when you start to carry the game :P)

Another disagreement. No red? Not a good idea. The DOT and Slow is super vital for ganks, trust me you have no idea how many times people have flashed after a full xin Q and then died due to red DOT. A warning to you now: I used to gank super early. In fact, that's what my old Xin play style used to be based around. Then, I lost over 10 games in a row doing that, and I realized that the snot was getting kicked out of me by the super risk, low reward strategy of lvl 2 ganking. Your lanes can wait an extra 2 minutes or so for you to clear your jungle, and chances are, you will still get first blood. At lvl 3 chances of the enemy escaping are slim, and if they flash away, little is wasted. You have your buffs, go counterjungle.

THANIAS OUT!!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chopinator

Senior Member

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanias1 View Post
Sorry sir, but I do not agree. First of all, I do Solo Q. Even with the crappiest teammates, I make counterjungling my #1 goal. Now what I may have neglected to say is that ganking is what you do between counterjungling and jungling. If I just took their blue and their respective lane is reasonably pushed up, where do you think I'm gonna go? Also, if you make it clear through constantly counterjungling that that is what you're gonna do, your team will follow you. ('Specially when you start to carry the game :P)

Another disagreement. No red? Not a good idea. The DOT and Slow is super vital for ganks, trust me you have no idea how many times people have flashed after a full xin Q and then died due to red DOT. A warning to you now: I used to gank super early. In fact, that's what my old Xin play style used to be based around. Then, I lost over 10 games in a row doing that, and I realized that the snot was getting kicked out of me by the super risk, low reward strategy of lvl 2 ganking. Your lanes can wait an extra 2 minutes or so for you to clear your jungle, and chances are, you will still get first blood. At lvl 3 chances of the enemy escaping are slim, and if they flash away, little is wasted. You have your buffs, go counterjungle.

THANIAS OUT!!!!
Yes, Everyone has what works for them. With my current win rate of 75% with Xin I think I will stick to Level 2 ganks. Good luck to you sir.


12