Total Gold Refund When Selling Doran's Item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veyron16

03-10-2013

Across the entire game (early, mid and late) Doran's Items have lost their value and players rather to save some money instead of buying one of those, maybe at most, each player buy just a few of them.

What if you could sell back these Doran's Items for the same price. If we don't have the money to buy a part of a mid-late game item, we usually save that money, farm a bit more without any itemization improval. With this idea, you still can save your money but buying an usefull item, a Doran's, and sell it back for same price when you have the enough money to buy what you need.

This would speed up the game, to reach those mid and game items but it could also help the team that are losing the game, not being able to farm and their jungle being cleared by the enemy team.

Vuther

03-10-2013

Then we'd spend the early-game stacking Doran's, hardly an interesting concept.

awkwardbowman

03-10-2013

The point of Doran's is that they provide an early game advantage because of the amount of stats you get for the cost. This means you're stronger early, but there has to be a drawback. The drawback is that they don't build into anything, meaning you have to sell them, which means if you don't make use of your stat advantage, you fall behind.

Pretty much, if you sell back for full gold, it defeats the point of Doran's, which was to provide early advantage or to help balance stats in lane if you're behind to give you a chance.

Fanaticmogg

03-10-2013

I think Doran's items have been more common since S2 started, since Boots+Pots got nerfed. Then again, a lot of people have been buying Longsword or AmpTome + pots instead. I guess the Doran's items could use a little buff, but as long as they're being bought, that's good, because it means there are 3 options for starting items right now (boots, cheap damage item, or Doran's), and I personally think that having more options means there's more chance for smart/skilled players to take little advantages.

Dragoon14th

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

i think doran all three should get nerfed to unique one time bought only. It should serve as a early first item placement not a 2nd to 3rd to 4th ****

awkwardbowman

03-13-2013

@Fanaticmogg
The buff you want is the passive each of them has. Shield blocks some damage per hit, Ring gives mp per CS, and Blade gives hp per hit. And it does help with giving diverse paths.

@Dragoon14th
It already hurts you to buy one, let alone two or three or four. If they have 4 blades, hopefully you have a BF sword at least, and they'll have to sell them and lose 1k in the process and 20 hp on hit isn't worth the set-back. Same with everything else. I'd love an enemy who stacks Doran's, cause I destroy them the moment I complete an item or the moment they sell them.

RaptorJesus1098

03-13-2013

No.

TheFriendlyUncle

03-13-2013

LOL, then every ad will stack 6 doran before doing anything else because they are by far the most cost effective item for 475

Llanite

03-13-2013

I think Doran should reduce its price by 35g.

Currently if you start with a Doran 95% you will have to b before 5, losing lots of gold and XP.

awkwardbowman

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llanite View Post
I think Doran should reduce its price by 35g.

Currently if you start with a Doran 95% you will have to b before 5, losing lots of gold and XP.
1 pot would be nice.