Why do so many people push "Punish"?

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsarkillo

03-10-2013

It's seems as though you guys miss my point, I merely wrote about the case as my set up intro into the main topic.

As Mintrel has said, the internet allows for people to avoid accountability, indeed, and that is why I simply wish for a higher requirement for a player to be allowed to join the Tribunal, as it is not a matter of being an Adult or a matter of age to consider that a person has enough credibility or just perspective to judge as Riot has intended.

Xeones

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyyon View Post
It's seems as though you guys miss my point, I merely wrote about the case as my set up intro into the main topic.

As Mintrel has said, the internet allows for people to avoid accountability, indeed, and that is why I simply wish for a higher requirement for a player to be allowed to join the Tribunal, as it is not a matter of being an Adult or a matter of age to consider that a person has enough credibility or just perspective to judge as Riot has intended.
Of course we are going to miss the point. We see a wall of text so we read through it to see what you're getting at. You write a paragraph basically detailing a case that sounds like it should be a punish but we should pardon just because he "responded" to someone else.

At that point I can stop reading because you've basically done nothing beyond the dozen other threads made each day trying to say you should be able to freely flame and insult if someone makes you upset enough.

I'm going to take it you just gave a tldr with the comment about the judgement Riot has intended? So you must have never seen the multiple times they have stated Tribunal is far more lenient than they are? Riot seems to be quite pleased with the performance of Tribunal. It's fairly safe to say that, the overwhelming majority of us at least, are using the system to judge as they intended.

Minstrel13

03-10-2013

Quote:

Tribunal judges are accountable to Riot as well. Riot has gone one record saying that they intentionally seed innocent cases into the Tribunal in order to weed out punish spammers.

Riot removed IP rewards from Tribunal as another effort to weed out punish spammers. If there is no "monetary" reward, then the service to the community becomes its own reward (its why I do it).

The fact of the matter is that most people who appear before the Tribunal deserve to be there. In order to appear before he Tribunal in the first place, a player needs to be reported in approximately 15% of their games. Most players are reported in maybe 1% or 2% of their games, if that many. I have gotten a few Pardon cases in my time, about one or two per week (on average). Most of the rest of the cases are pretty clear punishes. Some of these are the absolute dregs of humanity.

(and the people who claim to spam punish and have 100% accuracy are lying. Most of these people claim that they do it for easy IP, which proves that they are trolling and trying to incite responsible members of the community)

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

Quote:

Well, you show us no Tribunal case to base if your post is true or not.

Who is to say, you didn't just judge wrong?

Shelzin

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
Well, you show us no Tribunal case to base if your post is true or not.

Who is to say, you didn't just judge wrong?
Yep... Without the Tribunal case this really has no weight as an argument or point.

vc abso

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
Of course we are going to miss the point. We see a wall of text so we read through it to see what you're getting at. You write a paragraph basically detailing a case that sounds like it should be a punish but we should pardon just because he "responded" to someone else.

At that point I can stop reading because you've basically done nothing beyond the dozen other threads made each day trying to say you should be able to freely flame and insult if someone makes you upset enough.

I'm going to take it you just gave a tldr with the comment about the judgement Riot has intended? So you must have never seen the multiple times they have stated Tribunal is far more lenient than they are? Riot seems to be quite pleased with the performance of Tribunal. It's fairly safe to say that, the overwhelming majority of us at least, are using the system to judge as they intended.
"Overwhelming majority", yea.. I don't know if you're just guessing or what but I doubt Riot has more than 60% approval on the tribunal. It IS a broken system that has a huge amount of flaws in it, and the majority of people who use it are insanely strict.

{{{ Case 1: I would punish. I wouldn't want you on my team as much as Xin. Your attitude was completely negative and you threaten to feed to use it as a tool against your teammates.

Case 2: I would punish. Graves not a troll. If he can't support, then why put him in that role? I tell my teammates that I'm not a good top or mid when I'm forced to play those roles and people usually switch with me or jungler will babysit me. }}}

^ This was taken from a thread just scrolling through the tribunal now, if you need the link I'll find it. However if this may be a small sample, it shows how ruthless people are who use it.

Tsarkillo

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minstrel13 View Post
Tribunal judges are accountable to Riot as well. Riot has gone one record saying that they intentionally seed innocent cases into the Tribunal in order to weed out punish spammers.

Riot removed IP rewards from Tribunal as another effort to weed out punish spammers. If there is no "monetary" reward, then the service to the community becomes its own reward (its why I do it).

The fact of the matter is that most people who appear before the Tribunal deserve to be there. In order to appear before he Tribunal in the first place, a player needs to be reported in approximately 15% of their games. Most players are reported in maybe 1% or 2% of their games, if that many. I have gotten a few Pardon cases in my time, about one or two per week (on average). Most of the rest of the cases are pretty clear punishes. Some of these are the absolute dregs of humanity.

(and the people who claim to spam punish and have 100% accuracy are lying. Most of these people claim that they do it for easy IP, which proves that they are trolling and trying to incite responsible members of the community)
Again it seems the only person who has a viable response is again, Minstrel. As everyone else seems to be terribly stuck on the case, and taking anything else I said into consideration and taking in the main point.

Thanks again for a well-written on point response, Minstrel.

Much appreciated. ^_^-b Wish I could shoot you some Honor.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

I would discuss rest of your post, but you based it around a Tribunal case which only you have access to and you refusing to show it. I'm assuming your decision on the case was wrong and you don't want to argue it, but go on the assumption that your decision was correct but the people who disagree with you on Tribunal is wrong and making it seem like Tribunal is "punish-happy".

Minstrel13

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc abso View Post
"Overwhelming majority", yea.. I don't know if you're just guessing or what but I doubt Riot has more than 60% approval on the tribunal. It IS a broken system that has a huge amount of flaws in it, and the majority of people who use it are insanely strict.

{{{ Case 1: I would punish. I wouldn't want you on my team as much as Xin. Your attitude was completely negative and you threaten to feed to use it as a tool against your teammates.

Case 2: I would punish. Graves not a troll. If he can't support, then why put him in that role? I tell my teammates that I'm not a good top or mid when I'm forced to play those roles and people usually switch with me or jungler will babysit me. }}}

^ This was taken from a thread just scrolling through the tribunal now, if you need the link I'll find it. However if this may be a small sample, it shows how ruthless people are who use it.
Wow!

You must be some major sort of masochist if you want to have someone on your team who constantly threatens to feed to other team if he doesn't get what he wants RIGHT NAO!!!

The Xin Zhao on that guys team was bad, and I believe the Xin started it, but it doesn't make his actions, and their effect on the other three members of his team, right. Eye for an eye doesn't solve any problems, and leaves a whole lot of people blind.

The mature thing to do when someone else "starts it" is to ignore them for the emotional child that they are, and then work to have them removed from the community. The childish thing to do when someone else "starts it" is to escalate things so that you can be the one who "finishes it", regardless of the collateral damage done in the process.

You Tribunal haters go on and on about how you hate all the "kiddies" who run this game, all the while promoting your right to be immature.

Safearra

03-10-2013

i think people hit report because they cant get kills in game, so they just kill peoples accounts

ROFL ROFL... okay that was my joke for the day.

123456 ... 7