Why do so many people push "Punish"?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsarkillo

Senior Member

03-10-2013

Really now? I had a case where a player had a total of 5 reports, and only one of the cases actually had a strong claim, I believe he was using profanity in the way of getting his teammates to stop feeding or something. Like not directed to personally insult them but the way a really frustrated person would use it to get you to do some faster or instantly, an example would be like when someone tells you to "Hurry the **** up".

My point is that in his case, on the first report for him was 5 reports from one game and all the reports were from the enemy team. The chat log was mainly empty with only him saying one thing the whole game, and it was so funny I couldn't forget "bounce house", Lol.... the 5 reports from the enemy team was verbal abuse, as him using "bounce house" in the /all so the enemy team could see. Ironically enough, once I looked at his score, the answer was obvious.... He was like 9-1 or 9-2... I can't remember... But really now? One bad game outweighs everything? At times I feel chat log is not enough, and footage from that game which a player was reported be held for the Tribunal as well.

In the results I got back in the case, as I remember, was Community Agreement: Almost No One. I chose to pardon him, as I do not know his how much Honor point he has, as I believe Honor points should be accounted as well, a Player does not simply get free honor points in a game without showing some kind of great sportsmen-ship, should one "bad" game be enough to take that all away? Or enough to outweigh all the "good" games that he has had? Out of 100 games, with a total of 5-7 reports only, it is enough to take away all the honor he has earn, or even a timed-ban? Is that not the same as a great person doing many great thing but having a simple flaw? As if Martin Luther King doing all that he did, but his status tarnished by a simple mistake? The Tribunals measure of a "Warning" is the same tearing away at status, such as should the player have had a Yellow Band or Green Band, symbolizing his honor amount as well his status of being a friend player/great leadership.

The Tribunal as I am apart of it, is faulty as I see, it acts somewhat similar to a U.S. Jury, yet fails as should a player choose to proceed the case, where is the check and balance on it? The Jury has many holes, as anyone that is level 20 may consider becoming apart of the Tribunal. I believe that a matter of level is not enough to consider ANY player well-suited to judge other players, just as it is true to the fact that it is not a matter of age to consider wisdom in a person.

I also understand that when the Tribunal works, it works! However the Tribunal as I see it, is similar to that of a poorly trained police force, blindly shooting into the crowd hoping to hit the intended target. At times, it is as though many players feel that they know best and that is why they join the Tribunal, or that they wish to do good, and that is their reason, but to be honest, it feels as though the Tribunal's limit of children trying to play pretend as Juries or people with power has been severely preached and those actions the safety of many friendly players pay the price. As not everyone is going to be kind, and if you are a honest player, or out of spite you are motivated to tell the player that you wish to report, that you are going to report him/her/or them, is it not possible for a counter-report? They could proceed to say anything and label their counter-report on you under anything. Example would be, as you proceed to tell your teammate the fault in what they are doing such as "Stop overextending please, the feed you are serving is overwhelming." or should you say something with sarcasm, or state a statement that leaves one too many interpretation of your intention. Such as "Lol guys lets just do that, yeah, stay in the jungle and not come gank when I need your help.", the situation for such sarcasm is intended for the jungler, who is failing to gank when it is clear the mid lane or whatever lane is in need of help. Should he have used the new ping feature? How would the Tribunal know? That is it, they wouldn't. They would base everything in the counter-report based on lets say "negative attitude", because the counter reporter is saying that(as he interpreted to be) the player who called for the gank is having a negative attitude for not asking politely or being insulting as he insulted his ganking skills? The Tribunal would then have to be biast on their decision now, as that is all they will see and that is how they shall interpret the chat log for what the accused player has said.

The Tribunal has one too many faults, and the question that many are asking if you are not a major Riot Fan-Boy or hardcore worshiper(as now you are probably thinking of every way to defend them and insult me), is if I don't think the Tribunal works efficiently and/or effectively enough, than what do I have in mind? Or if I found so much issue with the Tribunal system, than what do I think is better?

The answer is, I really don't know, as I believe the Tribunal should just be more heavily regulated, and people in the Tribunal should only be well-respected players, players who have high amounts of honor, and most likely a Ranked player. These should be the conditions to allow any player to sign up to be part of the Tribunal, as a players level is not a sufficient and punctual enough way to even consider a player has enough credit to judge another player.

That was all I wished to say, as one many cases are ruled unfairly, and unjustly, including a case that included I myself, where my roughly 300 honor points were reset as a warning due to three simple reports. But I have not written this due to my personal anger or sense of spite towards the Tribunal, as this has happened quite some time ago(around the time when I first joined), and I have already let it go. I bring this up as I have come to bear witness to the mediocre poor ruling Riot's "Justice" system.

-J.M.

Note:Excuse any grammatic or spelling errors, as I written this in all a one-go.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fanaticmogg

Senior Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyyon View Post
That was all I wished to say, as one many cases are ruled unfairly, and unjustly, including a case that included I myself, where my roughly 300 honor points were reset as a warning due to three simple reports. But I have not written this due to my personal anger or sense of spite towards the Tribunal, as this has happened quite some time ago(around the time when I first joined), and I have already let it go. I bring this up as I have come to bear witness to the mediocre poor ruling Riot's "Justice" system
Can you link the reform card?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pal2002

Senior Member

03-10-2013

I recently started using the tribunal and I definitely see OP's point. I tend to really look deep at reports and spend a good hour on 20 reports, pardoning a few.

Every single pardon I have issued have ended up either in minority or "a few." From what I can see now, the best way to get a high "justice" rating really does seem to be spamming punish on every single case.

I know it takes a lot of reports to end up in the tribunal, but once you end up there it might as well be a done deal - you will lose your honor, and/or be banned. Even from Riot's own stats, 94% of cases gets punished! With fuzzy stats, that 6% pardon rate might as well be zero. That really defeats the point of even having a tribunal in the first place when it just reaffirms what the automated report system 94% of the time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CzeTweR

Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticmogg View Post
Can you link the reform card?
Stop asking for the reform card. It's irrelevelant to the topic


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iuliu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

03-10-2013

One reason I push punished is because I want everyone get banned before I do
and 99.9% ban by the tribunal (even if it's unfair), will not get removed by riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GutterJaws

Junior Member

03-11-2013

Its salty old trolls who sit on the tribunal. Its crybaby spoiled brats who tattle on people and send innocent people to the tribunal for silly childish reasons. Sending people to trolls for written words without accent or tone is bound to make the trolls assume it is negative and exert their 'justice' on them. Who wants to sit in judgement of others really? The one's who would judge well do not want to judge others. Think of that you silly crusty trollers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LargeSnorlax

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutterJaws View Post
Its salty old trolls who sit on the tribunal. Its crybaby spoiled brats who tattle on people and send innocent people to the tribunal for silly childish reasons. Sending people to trolls for written words without accent or tone is bound to make the trolls assume it is negative and exert their 'justice' on them. Who wants to sit in judgement of others really? The one's who would judge well do not want to judge others. Think of that you silly crusty trollers.
Oh man, it's the gospel of truth according to Banned Smurf #109,982 - The people who use tribunal are all one subset of people, meanwhile, the people in the tribunal are the youngest, the handsomest, most talented players who only care about winning the game and are getting held back by trolls. They also have exceptional posture and the best future breeding opportunities.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illuyankas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
The Tribunal has one too many faults, and the question that many are asking if you are not a major Riot Fan-Boy or hardcore worshiper(as now you are probably thinking of every way to defend them and insult me), is if I don't think the Tribunal works efficiently and/or effectively enough, than what do I have in mind? Or if I found so much issue with the Tribunal system, than what do I think is better?
So everyone that disagrees with you is a mindless fanboy?


Quote:
[..]as I believe the Tribunal should just be more heavily regulated, and people in the Tribunal should only be well-respected players, players who have high amounts of honor, and most likely a Ranked player. These should be the conditions to allow any player to sign up to be part of the Tribunal, as a players level is not a sufficient and punctual enough way to even consider a player has enough credit to judge another player.
The tribunal is not meant to be exclusive, the level restriction was mostly put in place keep the ratio of actual people to votes as close to 1:1 as possible. Honor is simply a device to manipulate people into being less Toxic. I do not see how it has bearing on a person's actual sense of justice.
Also, any kind of ranking restriction will degrade the tribunals value since they seem to be more tolerant of toxic behavior you'd basically pushing their standards on the majority of the player base rather than the other way around.



Quote:
Originally Posted by CzeTweR View Post
Stop asking for the reform card. It's irrelevelant to the topic
No it's not, if he uses a specific case as anecdotal evidence to make his claim we have every right to put it into question. If it is infact irrelevant it should not be mentioned in the OP, rather than spending 3 paragraphs just on that one case.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GutterJaws

Junior Member

03-11-2013

It is salty old trolls who sit on the tribunal. It is crybaby spoiled brats who tattle tale on people. These false reports do not have accent or tone of voice so any slightly negative perceived insult is jumped on like flea's on a dogs ass. White on a blizzard? Is that more unbannable? Adults who play this game have to mind their normal spoken language because any 'adult' words are considered insulting when the intent might be entirely different. Who wants to sit and judge others anyways? It is the people who do not want to judge other people who would be the best judges. Think about that you crusty trolls. Stop hitting Punish *****es!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stochastic42

Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas View Post
No it's not, if he uses a specific case as anecdotal evidence to make his claim we have every right to put it into question. If it is infact irrelevant it should not be mentioned in the OP, rather than spending 3 paragraphs just on that one case.
A solid point.


12