Support gameplay lacks fun?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExplosiveUndies

03-12-2013

Woooooo pissing contest over the internet with complete strangers over games! I am teh smertniss, fear my logic. /thread and move on, this is more whining and superiority than discussion, dick wave somewhere else please

awkwardbowman

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamDuddits View Post
Your narrow-mindedness is astounding. Games like this thrive on changing and evolving because of the existence of the meta-game. If things don't change then the game finds itself in a very stagnant meta-game, which is what LoL has been in for almost two years now with Tanky DPS and Bruisers dominating the scene and set lane line-ups (Bruiser Top, AP/AD Caster mid, junlger, AD + Support bot). But something like this wouldn't concern you because you don't like change.

So because a pause feature doesn't help you that means it wouldn't help anyone else? That's pretty much what I got from this comment. As for LoL recorder, I had to look into that and find it really sad that after 4 years the only replay system is a 3rd party client.
They thrive on changing but not by having to follow other games. LoL can grow and change based upon what it deems necessary, not by deciding that what another game does could work for them too. And most games have a meta, what's wrong with LoL having a meta?

My point was that I've used the pause feature and have found it to have minimal use, but it's there. Being able to pause anywhere but a custom game would annoy me. And there's not issue with it being from a 3rd party if it works. Now that it doesn't work, Riot is implementing replays into the client itself.

You seem to just read parts of my comments and then try to insult me.

SlappindaBass

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

lol true supports are boring and worthless, play with a friend pick a non support and go bot share cs and dominate then laugh end game when your champ is useful

awkwardbowman

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlappindaBass View Post
lol true supports are boring and worthless, play with a friend pick a non support and go bot share cs and dominate then laugh end game when your champ is useful
And when their adc is stronger than either of you and you get wrecked (because you opponents are competent) or when you have no wards on the map and get owned by a group that can actually communicate and play well, I'll laugh.

But yes, supports are obviously useless. Be sure to go tell that to everyone who plays support and all the best teams that put a TON of hours into the game because they obviously should realize this and you'd do well to make sure they know so they stop wasting their time.

TealNinje

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardbowman View Post
And when their adc is stronger than either of you and you get wrecked (because you opponents are competent) or when you have no wards on the map and get owned by a group that can actually communicate and play well, I'll laugh.
Actually, if you know what you're doing and picked a team that functions with double carries, the double carries team is stronger. If you picked a team that functions with half farm carry and half farmed bruiser/initiator, it's stronger. If you picked a team without a carry, it can win just fine due to combination bruisers and a top lane DPS.

About DotA: Specifically bringing up DotA hurts your argument. You can bring up suggestions, but by bringing up DotA you actively hinder any progression towards discussion, arguing or brainstorming, specifically because many of the people here are here because of how much we hated DotA. DotA is an example of what not to do.

I don't think League of Legends is the best the genre has to offer. Not by a long shot. It's simply the "better alternative."

RUpavlic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

it depends on people's playstyles, me for instance, Support is my WORST role since i like to be a high damage dealer and for that I get credit for a lot of plays

awkwardbowman

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlicdyshko View Post
it depends on people's playstyles, me for instance, Support is my WORST role since i like to be a high damage dealer and for that I get credit for a lot of plays
To add to that:

Pretty much, unless you play it a lot and you learn the little bits of it that make it important, you're going to think it sucks and you won't like it. I personally hate jungling because it's my worst role. It lacks fun for me, but many others find it fun.

Chocolate Frost

03-16-2013

Supports save lives.
Supports deny enemies kills.
Supports harass enemies, thereby treating allies to free farming, which means excessive amounts of gold, which means better builds for your allies than your enemies.
Supports have deadly, deadly CC that absolutely owns in team fights.
Supports get the ADC fed, enabling the team not only to shred anything what dares sneeze at you, but also obliterate turrets in mere seconds.
Supports need very little gold to succeed, allowing them to ward more than any other member of the team (VERY IMPORTANT!).

A support is not a "baby sitter". The support is the omnipotent god to whom all allies must pay homage and respect!

Homeshake

03-18-2013

Sitting in bush zoning and protecting for half the match will never be fun, as useful as it may be. I'm not saying supports arent useful, what I'm saying is that the role lacks interactive gameplay. I zone and i ward and i spam heals herp derp. Yes its useful, but its dreary dull and repetitive. Riot could give more for a support to do, Like someone said, open up the opportunity in League Of legends to deny creeps. I'm sure riot could come up with plenty of new ideas to change support gameplay if they put serious thought and effort into it. It would keep supports on their toes, unlike blitzcrank who sits in a bush and lines up a shot for 2mins, if he misses then he'll wait another 2mins...again ill say, yes supports are "semi-necessary" and "some" people may enjoy sitting in bushes all day, but its just plain boring and unrewarding for yourself. Yes somewhat rewarding for you team and an important role in general, but boring and unrewarding to the support themselves. And tbh supports arent even that necessary, For instance take a talented duo bot, splitting cs with a bot lane bruiser, they still manage to keep up with then enemy adc through proper zoning and harassment. no matter if you have a tank or a strong support, a strong bruiser will always zone better. More so, a bruiser with sufficient feed will do twice as much work in teamfights as a normal support. I know for a fact because ive played the role numerous times. having a support that doesnt cs and only wards is only the "meta" and not required by any means. People may disagree with me on bruiser bot but no one can deny that having support role vi ult an enemy adc and rip half his health apart is more useful than a taric stun any day of the week. All you have to do is ward. And again, having one role ward is only the meta, the whole team can easily buy wards and instead of having one underfed teammate who wards and shows up in teamfights to throw a stun or slow, they're destroying the enemy back lines and off-tanking huge damage.

GodSlayer168

03-20-2013

but what about adc? If they fight it's the support engaging or the jungler. Besides that all u do in laning is farm. you could say adc is boring