Support gameplay lacks fun?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ModOperator

Senior Member

03-09-2013

.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rackier

Member

03-10-2013

.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

awkwardbowman

Senior Member

03-10-2013

you're details are very compelling arguments but your solution lacks clarity.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeadStriker

Senior Member

03-11-2013

wtf does a support do
follow adc
die for adc
no cs for adc
ward for adc
die for adc again

**** if i wanted to become a baby sitter i would do it and get ****ing payed
supporting is the worst thing ever


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

awkwardbowman

Senior Member

03-11-2013

What does support do?
They make plays.
They're the reason the adc wins or loses lane.
They manage to do a lot with minimal amounts of gold.
They secure dragon and baron which leads to victory.
They outplay the enemy support for map control.

They win games as much as any other champion on the map.
You obviously don't know how to support if you hate it that much.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IamDuddits

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardbowman View Post
What does support do?
They make plays.
They're the reason the adc wins or loses lane.
They manage to do a lot with minimal amounts of gold.
They secure dragon and baron which leads to victory.
They outplay the enemy support for map control.

They win games as much as any other champion on the map.
You obviously don't know how to support if you hate it that much.
Compare this to what DotA supports do:

Everything you listed for LoL supports
They deny creeps
They pull lane
They stack ancients
Buy and upgrade courier
Buy Dust/Smoke
They roam for ganks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

awkwardbowman

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamDuddits View Post
Compare this to what DotA supports do:

Everything you listed for LoL supports
They deny creeps
They pull lane
They stack ancients
Buy and upgrade courier
Buy Dust/Smoke
They roam for ganks
LoL supports can deny creeps aka zoning.
LoL supports can roam. Ever tried playing Leona? If you get an early lead, it's fun to roam when you're pushed.

And i'm not sure what the rest of the things are, but do you really need that much stuff to make it fun? That's like saying "I have all these games to play but it's not fun because they have more games than me." I MAIN support and have plenty of fun doing so.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IamDuddits

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardbowman View Post
LoL supports can deny creeps aka zoning.
LoL supports can roam. Ever tried playing Leona? If you get an early lead, it's fun to roam when you're pushed.

And i'm not sure what the rest of the things are, but do you really need that much stuff to make it fun? That's like saying "I have all these games to play but it's not fun because they have more games than me." I MAIN support and have plenty of fun doing so.
Typical answer from someone that has clearly never played DotA.

Also Denying is not the same as zoning.

DotA supports can zone too. Denying denies them of gold AND experience.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

awkwardbowman

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamDuddits View Post
Typical answer from someone that has clearly never played DotA.

Also Denying is not the same as zoning.

DotA supports can zone too. Denying denies them of gold AND experience.
So you have no argument of anything else I said?
Yes I've never played DotA, but I enjoy being a LoL Support Main.
I'm glad the most important part you got from my response is the least important part of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IamDuddits

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardbowman View Post
So you have no argument of anything else I said?
Yes I've never played DotA, but I enjoy being a LoL Support Main.
I'm glad the most important part you got from my response is the least important part of it.
To me the most important part of your response was the part where you made judgement on something that you've no understanding of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardbowman View Post
And i'm not sure what the rest of the things are, but do you really need that much stuff to make it fun?
How do you know what these things add if you don't know what they are?

I'm assuming the part that you thought was the most important was whether or not those aspects are necessary. I think all the stuff I listed adds a great deal to what it means to be the support. I find myself rather bored while playing most LoL supports compared to any DotA support. I think DotA adds a great deal more to playing support with the abilities the heroes have and the responsibilities the role is generally given. This is based on my experience playing as supports in both games.

I'm anticipating your rebuttal to be something along the lines of: Complexity for the sake of complexity.